Lipomas form under the skin. They are based on adipose tissue. They can appear all over the body. Sometimes wen are formed behind the ears. These are benign tumors, so you should not worry too much about them. But it is not recommended to let the development of lipoma go by itself.
Reasons for the formation of wen behind the ears
It is quite difficult to determine the cause of the tumor unambiguously. The most common predisposing factors for the problem are:
- hormonal disorders;
- insufficient personal hygiene;
- sudden changes in temperature;
- diseases of the endocrine system;
- epidermal injury resulting in scarring;
- disorders in the work of the nervous system;
- hereditary predisposition;
- metabolic problems.
Another possible reason for the appearance of wen behind the ears is the slagging of the body and blockage of the sebaceous glands. That is why people with oily skin type suffer from lipomas more often than others.
How can I get rid of a wen behind the ear?
The only effective method of treating a tumor is to remove it.
- Small wen behind the ear is treated with a special composition. The drug is injected under the skin, and the formation resolves. The ball disappears, though it takes a couple of months.
- Larger lipomas are cut out. Previously, this could only be done by the traditional method. The tumor was opened and, after all the contents were removed from it, it was sutured.
- Today, as a rule, a laser beam or an endoscope is used to remove a wen behind the ear. Minimally invasive methods are no less effective and painless. And most importantly, after them there are no visible traces of intervention on the skin. The advantages of laser and endoscopic therapy also include speed – removal procedures take an hour at most.