All over the world, every year the number of women who refuse the services of plastic surgeons in favor of new progressive technologies that can effectively deal with signs of age-related skin changes is increasing. Ultrasonic face lifting rightly leads among other methods of aesthetic cosmetology.
Ultrasound – benefits and harms
Modern beauty salons offer a wide range of anti-aging treatments and various anti-aging products. All of them are able to improve the condition of the upper layers of the skin, but cannot provide a long-term lifting effect. Ultrasonic facelift is the only method that allows you to correct the appearance without resorting to the help of a surgeon. Thanks to the effect of high-frequency sound on the deep layers of the skin, it became possible to achieve the desired rejuvenation result in a short time.
This procedure has several other positive aspects:
- it is completely painless and does not require any recovery measures;
- the visible effect persists for a long time;
- during manipulation, the skin is saturated with oxygen and useful elements;
- ultrasound does not damage the epithelium and therefore does not leave scars and hematomas;
- with the help of ultrasound, you can get rid of acne for a long time;
- enlarged pores are noticeably narrowed;
- the process itself lasts about 50 minutes and does not “knock out” of the daily rhythm.
Ultrasonic lifting machine
Beauty salons and clinics carry out the ultrasonic SMAS lifting device Ulthera System, made in the USA. It is the first certified instrument for non-invasive skin tightening. Relatively recently, a Korean-made device, the Doublo System, successfully competes with it. Both systems are equipped with special programs and monitors, which allows the doctor to control each stage of the procedure, from start to finish. He can track the depth of the impact of ultrasound on individual areas of tissue and observe their contraction.
Ultrasonic SMAS lifting
The superficial muscular aponeurotic layer (SMAS), consisting of elastic and collagen fibers, forms and maintains the natural oval of the face throughout life. Over the years, its function weakens. This leads to the formation of wrinkles. To combat age-related skin changes, ultrasonic lifting is successfully used. It is the only method capable of performing tissue tightening at the smas level, at a depth of up to 5-5.5 mm.
SMAS lifting procedure
Hardware SMAS HIFU lifting – ultrasonic facelift, is performed using high-frequency focused ultrasound (HIFU) on soft tissues, and includes several stages:
- The cosmetologist makes a special marking on the skin.
- A special gel is applied to the face. It helps to reproduce all layers of the skin on the monitor and determine the depth of ultrasound exposure.
- The nozzle of the device is applied to the skin areas in accordance with the previously applied markings.
- Focused ultrasound targets the SMAS without damaging other tissues.
- The patient may feel a slight tingling and some tension as the area of the musculo-aponeurotic system shrinks, causing an immediate tightening.
- The result of the manipulation can be seen immediately. The lifting effect intensifies over two months and lasts for several years.
SMAS lifting – contraindications
According to cosmetologists, ultrasonic smas facelift is a useful and effective method of rejuvenation and does not harm the patient’s health. However, like any medical intervention, it has a number of limitations and contraindications. Cosmetologists do not recommend ultrasound facial lifting for women over 55 years old, since it is very difficult to achieve the desired effect at this age. There are a number of contraindications to this procedure:
- pregnancy and lactation;
- diseases of the nervous system;
- some diseases of the cardiovascular system, the presence of a pacemaker;
- pustular inflammation of the skin;
- disruption of the endocrine system;
- infectious diseases;
- systemic connective tissue diseases.