Sulfur has been used for thousands of years in the treatment of various dermatological problems. This natural mineral effectively fights fungal and bacterial infections, microscopic parasites, and relieves inflammation. Therefore, many women prefer sulfur soap for complete care for problematic, too oily and mixed skin of the face, body and even head.
Properties of sulfur soap
The cosmetic product in question has the following abilities for dermatological use:
- stimulation of the synthesis of collagen fibers;
- elimination of allergic reactions and peeling, irritation;
- increased production of keratin;
- regeneration of epidermal cells;
- inhibition of growth and reproduction of pathogenic bacteria;
- fight against fungal colonies;
- paralysis of subcutaneous ticks, including Demodex;
- normalization of fat content of the epidermis;
- decrease in the intensity of inflammatory processes;
- drying and disinfection of abscesses;
- cleansing clogged pores;
- whitening and smoothing of the skin relief;
- fight against excessive pigmentation and post-acne.
The benefits and harms of sulfur soap
Given the above properties of the presented products, it is easy to list its beneficial effects:
- increase in elasticity and tightening of the skin;
- reduction in the number of acne, comedones and inflamed subcutaneous elements;
- elimination of red and brown spots;
- protection of the skin from aggressive environmental conditions;
- demodicosis treatment;
- cleansing the epidermis from bacterial and fungal infections;
- pore narrowing.
- However, any effective soap has a number of contraindications:
- early childhood;
- open skin lesions (cracks, wounds);
- circulatory disorders;
- severe irritation of the epidermis.
It is worth noting that this general list may vary depending on the composition of the product. Each manufacturer uses its own set of components that significantly affect the properties of soap. For example, some products (Sea of SPA) with the addition of plant extracts and a low concentration of sulfur (about 3-5%) are, on the contrary, recommended for eczema.
Sulfur soap against skin diseases
First of all, the described cosmetic product is prescribed in almost all complex therapeutic regimens for acne.
The use of sulfur soap for acne allows you to quickly dry out purulent inflammatory elements, reduce redness around acne, skin irritation, reduce the number of “black spots” and closed comedones.
It is worth noting that this soap is especially effective for demodicosis. Sulfur acts as a paralytic on subcutaneous mites, which prevents their reproduction and movement, increases the productivity of concomitant medications.
Sulfur soap is also prescribed for psoriasis, scabies, eczema, seborrheic dermatitis and rosacea. But you can feel the real effect of its use only if you purchase the product in a specialized store or pharmacy, where the concentration of sulfur in soap starts from 10%. A less saturated product is just cosmetics for preventive care.
Sulfur soap for facial rejuvenation
In addition to medicinal properties, the presented remedy exhibits an anti-aging effect. Sulfur is actively involved in the processes of protein metabolism, which contributes to the synthesis of collagen. This provides a gradual and natural cell renewal, facelift and wrinkle smoothing.
In order to rejuvenate, it is advisable to purchase organic sulfur soap with useful additives:
- At Last Naturals MSM;
- Enzymatic Therapy DermaKlear;
- Grandpa’s Thylox.
Sulfur hair soap
The considered products are often recommended in the complex fight against seborrhea, dandruff, and increased oiliness of the scalp.
It is better, of course, to purchase a shampoo with sulfur, since only expensive organic soap or handmade bars are suitable for gentle and high-quality hair cleansing.