Owners of a round face are not always happy with its shape, and often want it to look narrower, at least visually oval. Consider how to apply blush on a round face in order to achieve a similar effect.
How to apply blush on a round face?
To correct the shape of the face, you need to select a blush of neutral shades, a tone or two darker than the skin color. Directly to model the shape of the face, it is recommended to use blush of terracotta and beige (imitating tan) shades. To apply the blush itself: pink and peach colors.
Blush with a similar face shape is applied with long, relatively wide strokes. For applying on the cheekbones and correcting the shape of the face, it is more convenient to use a brush with a bevelled edge, directly to create a blush – more rounded.
Here’s where to apply blush on a round face:
- With a round face, the forehead is usually wide, so blush is not applied to it, but only to the temples.
- To visually lengthen the face, blush is applied along the cheekbones, starting just below the temple line and down, gradually narrowing the line.
- It is not recommended to apply blush on the chin and cheeks with a round face shape.
As a rule, blush on a round face is applied according to the following scheme:
- First of all, apply blush on the temples, from the outer corner of the eyebrows up, with light short strokes.
- Then draw in the cheeks – the dimples formed will indicate the line along which it is necessary to apply a corrective tone. Blush is not applied to the cheekbones, but only to the area under them. The cheekbone area close to the nose should preferably be avoided.
- The blush line must start from the temples, while it should go into the hair so that there is no border between hair and skin.
- And the final touch is to shade the blush. This should be done with a wide brush to avoid sharp color transitions.