Darsonval for the face is a device for physiotherapy procedures, invented in the 18th century by a French physiologist Arsene Darsonval. Its main purpose at first was the treatment of various diseases (migraines, arthritis, neuralgia), and over time it has firmly entered the arsenal of cosmetologists.
Darsonvalization of the face – what is it?
The principle of operation of the device “Darsonval” consists in exposing the skin to high-frequency currents. Weak tension stimulates regeneration and metabolic processes in the skin and deeper tissues due to increased blood flow. In addition, electrical discharges destroy pathogens and promote oxygenation and removal of excess fluid, so that the skin acquires a good tone and color. Darsonvalization of the face gives a noticeable and long-lasting effect on acne, post-acne, wrinkles, greasiness or dry skin and other defects.
In cosmetology, two main types of darsonvalization are used, differing in the method of exposure and the effect they have:
- Non-contact darsonvalization – exposure to the skin is carried out at a small distance from the face (1-8 mm). With such manipulations, a cushion of microcurrents is formed between the nozzle of the device and the skin of the face, ions are released, and sometimes even a spark jumps, which the patient feels as a tingling sensation. Weeping wounds, purulent elements (pimples, boils), difficult healing wounds, lichen, burns, hematomas are treated in this way. The course of treatment with a non-contact method is 10-15 sessions.
- Contact darsonvalization – the impact is made by circular movements along the massage lines directly on the skin. With this method, the discharges penetrate into the lower layers of the dermis and contribute to the elimination of acne, enlarged pores, vascular network, wrinkles and stretch marks. The course of treatment in this way is 15-20 procedures.
Four main nozzles for darsonval, which are present in almost all sets, are designed for different effects:
- “A drop” allows you to act precisely on small local inflammations – acne, blackheads, the current strength with this nozzle is the highest.
- “Petal” – with this nozzle, you can independently adjust the area of impact – from a point to a larger area, the nozzle is designed for hard-to-reach places.
- “Fungus” – designed for procedures on large areas of the skin, with this nozzle you can do not only darsonval for the face, but also massage the thighs, buttocks to get rid of cellulite.
- “Comb” – this nozzle is designed for the scalp, used to treat hair loss, seborrhea.
Darsonvalization – indications and contraindications
Before starting treatment with darsonval, you need to learn about the indications and contraindications for the procedure. Although the current in the device is very weak (2-15 kV, frequency – 100 kHz), it is still an electrical discharge, which can be dangerous in some cases. For this reason, cosmetologists recommend undergoing an examination and consulting a specialist before the first procedure. In addition, cosmetologists do not recommend using darsonval for the face constantly or haphazardly – only course use gives a good effect.
Darsonval – testimony
The darsonval device is a godsend for women who, for whatever reason, do not want to resort to plastic surgery or injections. The range of problems that the apparatus for darsonvalization helps to solve is very wide. Electrical discharges improve blood and lymph circulation, promote the rapid elimination of toxins, relieve muscle and vascular spasms, increase vein tone, strengthen the walls of capillaries and blood vessels, activate biochemical reactions, and restore cells. Additionally, darsonval for the face has an anti-inflammatory, bactericidal and analgesic effect.
What helps darsonval:
- allergic rashes;
- acne, pustular elements, comedones;
- skin itching;
- too dry or oily skin;
- decreased tone, flabbiness of the skin;
- sagging facial contour;
- sweating of the skin;
- stretch marks;
- herpetic sores;
- saggy skin;
- deep nasolabial folds;
- post-acne, scars;
- spider veins;
- enlarged pores;
Darsonval – contraindications
Despite the many positive effects, the use of darsonval for the face has contraindications. In some cases, the ban on the use is due to the fact that electric current is dangerous for humans, in others, contraindications are due to the fact that stimulation can aggravate some pathogenic processes. A conditional contraindication is the presence of moles and pigmentation on the skin – in this case, a consultation with a dermatologist is required.
Darsonvalization – contraindications for use:
- pregnancy at any time;
- children’s age up to 6 years;
- neoplasms on the skin (benign and malignant), oncology;
- an allergic reaction to the current or its intolerance;
- cardiovascular insufficiency, arrhythmia;
- installed pacemakers;
- mental illness;
- the presence of blood vessels close to the surface of the skin (rosacea);
- facial hair;
- severe hypertension;
- increased body temperature;
- pathology of blood clotting;
Darsonval – which is better?
You can carry out darsonvalization in a beauty parlor or salon, as well as at home, especially since detailed instructions are always attached to the device. You can buy the Darsonval device in online stores or salons selling medical equipment, but before deciding to buy, it is advisable to go through a trial procedure in the salon.
Devices from such manufacturers have proven themselves well:
- Gezatone – French devices of this brand are known all over the world;
- Ultratek SD-199 – Russian device with five nozzles;
- Karat DE-212 is a powerful Russian device with four nozzles used to treat complex skin pathologies;
- ELAD is a Russian-made portable device with three nozzles, well suited for home use.
Darsonval – application
The darsonvalization procedure at a cosmetologist and at home has no fundamental differences:
- To begin with, the skin must be cleansed with a cleanser, tonics or lotions. After cleansing, the skin should dry.
- Oily skin can be sprinkled with talcum powder, and dry skin can be lubricated with a thin layer of nourishing cream so that the nozzle slides better.
- Before use, the nozzle must be treated with alcohol.
- Massage should be done in the way that is necessary for each specific skin defect.
- After the procedure, you can lubricate your face with a sedative (you can not use alcohol-containing preparations).
- The next session should take place no earlier than a day later.
- Nozzles after the procedure should be wiped with alcohol.
Darsonval for acne
You can use darsonval for acne with a variety of types of rashes – it is suitable for eliminating acne, comedones, acne. During the procedure, the activity of the sebaceous glands is inhibited, the skin is saturated with oxygen, and pathogenic microorganisms are destroyed with the help of ozone. For point exposure, you can use a drip nozzle, which, at the strongest discharge, needs to burn individual inflammatory elements. For facial massage, a mushroom nozzle is used, which is driven over the face for 3-5 minutes.
Darsonval from post-acne
Darsonval is very effective for scars and scars – with its help you can significantly even out even the skin that has been badly affected by acne. The procedure should be carried out with a mushroom nozzle, first 3-4 minutes – non-contact, then 3-4 minutes – by contact. Darsonval for the face with acne stimulates lymphatic drainage and regenerating properties of the skin, due to which swelling disappears, scars and scars dissolve faster, and the face acquires a healthy color.
Darsonval from wrinkles
The most common question from women is how to use darsonval from facial and age wrinkles. Massage in this case should be done with a mushroom-shaped or leaf-shaped nozzle at medium or minimum power – tingling should be felt. You need to drive the electrode along the massage lines in a contact and non-contact way for 20 minutes. After the procedure, it is advisable to apply an anti-aging cream, which at this time will be absorbed much better.
Darsonval from swelling under the eyes
Using darsonval at home for swelling and circles under the eyes is a good alternative to expensive procedures. Massage of the skin around the eyes improves blood circulation, eliminates lymph stagnation, relieves vasospasm. The delicate skin around the eyes is treated for 1 minute along the massage lines. After the procedure, you should use an eyelid skin care product.
Darsonval from rosacea on the face
The darsonvalization algorithm for rosacea must be agreed with a cosmetologist who will assess the condition of the skin and blood vessels and allow or prohibit the procedure. If this method of treating rosacea is approved, the exposure should be as careful as possible and at low voltage: start with a mushroom nozzle to treat the skin of the face with a contact method, then, slightly increasing the voltage, with a non-contact method. The duration of the procedure is 5 minutes. Darsonval with rosacea helps to strengthen blood vessels and improve blood circulation.