A woman’s face, even with the most ideal proportions, is “spoiled” if it has bags under the eyes. This problem affects women of all ages and often signals serious problems in the body. Why bags form under the eyes and how to get rid of them, we’ll talk in our article.
Causes of bags under the eyes
The main cause of bags under the eyes is an increase in the volume of fatty tissue that fills the space between the orbit and the eyeball and plays a shock-absorbing role. This, in turn, is associated with the growth of adipose tissue or its edema.
An important role is played by the elasticity of the membrane located between the skin of the eyelids and fatty tissue.
If bags under the eyes are associated with the growth of adipose tissue, then their size and appearance do not depend on any factors, and no means can effectively deal with this problem.
If the bags are caused by edema, then they are easy to “recognize” by such signs:
- bags under the eyes appear periodically (more often in the morning);
- by the end of the day they are practically invisible or disappear completely on their own;
- bags “give in” to the action of various home remedies for their elimination.
Other causes of bags under the eyes are:
- excess salt in the body;
- internal diseases;
- alcohol consumption;
- lack of sleep, fatigue;
The appearance of bags under the eyes is often accompanied by dark circles. This is due to the fact that when sagging, the lower eyelids undergo gradual pigmentation. Also, a network of capillaries can be visible through the thinned skin, which gives a dark shade of the skin under the eyes.
How to eliminate bags under the eyes?
If bags under the eyes are associated with tissue growth, then this deficiency can only be removed surgically. Blepharoplasty is an eyelid surgery that will help to cope with this problem once and for all.
You can get rid of bags under the eyes caused by swelling on your own using cosmetic products – creams or gels for bags under the eyes, as well as folk remedies.
Cosmetic preparations for bags and circles under the eyes contain ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, extracts of parsley, coffee, horse chestnut or sage, collagen, elastin, vitamins A, C, K, P, etc.
Folk remedies for bags under the eyes
Most Effective masks for bags under the eyes:
- Mix equal amounts of raw, grated potatoes, flour and milk. Wrap the resulting mass in pieces of gauze and apply to the eyelids for 15 minutes.
- After that, rinse with cool water and use an eye cream.
- Mix a teaspoon of chopped parsley with two teaspoons of sour cream.
- Apply in the same way as in the first recipe.
Compresses from bags under the eyes:
- Prepare an infusion of chamomile, sage, fennel or parsley (pour a tablespoon of raw materials with a glass of boiling water, let it brew for 20-30 minutes).
- Cool part of the broth, heat the other to a temperature of about 37 ° C.
- Then take a cotton pad and, alternately wetting it in a warm infusion, then in a cold one, apply to the eyelids for 10-15 minutes.
Black tea will also help. It is necessary to moisten a cotton pad in cold fresh tea leaves and apply to the eyelids for 10-15 minutes.
It should be understood that no remedy for bags under the eyes will be able to help if the correct sleep and rest regimen is not followed, a diet with salt restriction and the rejection of alcohol, getting rid of chronic diseases.
Makeup for bags under the eyes
With the help of makeup, it is possible to mask this shortcoming somewhat. If there are dark circles in addition to bags under the eyes, a special yellow corrector should be used. After that, you can apply a tonal foundation, and on the sunken areas that are under the bags, you need to apply a light tone – to mask the shadow of swelling.