This problem is quite widespread, while most of the fair sex does not pay attention to it. In fact, it is necessary to treat white pimples on the lips, although they are not deadly. It is important to understand that any changes that occur in the body are undesirable and in some cases may indicate serious health problems.
What causes white dots on lips?
The nature of the white dots can be different. Regardless of the origin, neoplasms cause a lot of discomfort, at least with their appearance. In most cases, white dots resemble small pimples or pimples. But, what is nice, this problem is not contagious.
White dots can appear on the lips, in the corners of the mouth, or under the skin. Most often, the problem clings to the ladies, but, as practice has shown, she also does not disdain men. The main reasons for the appearance of white dots include the following:
- Very often, the appearance of white subcutaneous granules becomes a consequence of Fordyce’s disease.
- Digestive disorders can provoke the appearance of a problem. At the same time, in addition to the formation of small white dots, other symptoms will appear on the lips: abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea.
- Sometimes neoplasms appear due to viral or colds.
- White dots on the inside of the lip very often disturb smokers.
- Among other things, white dots on the lips can occur in women during pregnancy. And after childbirth, the rashes safely disappear on their own.
- Another reason is hormonal imbalances.
- Experts do not exclude the possibility that white dots on the lips are the result of a malfunction of the sebaceous glands. In this case, neoplasms are ordinary wen, which practically do not cause problems, but can grow if they are not given due attention.
Ways to treat white spots on the lips
None of the problems can be ignored. Although white dots do not threaten anything serious, in some (fortunately, very few) cases, they can develop from ordinary granules into malignant tumors.
The first instance for the appearance of white dots under the skin of the lips is a dermatologist. If earlier the fight against neoplasms consisted solely in their surgical removal, today there are many more loyal methods of treatment. For example, the laser correction procedure is an effective and painless method of treatment. In addition, experts will be able to offer a lot of cosmetics.
While an accurate diagnosis will be established, white dots can be masked with lipstick. True, only high-quality cosmetics can be applied to the affected area. If desired and in agreement with a specialist, white dots are clogged with permanent makeup.
Folk recipes for the treatment of small white dots on the lips
The problem of white dots is far from new. Our ancestors had to deal with it, who came up with their own methods of treatment:
- One of the most famous remedies is the Kalanchoe leaf. Simply attach it to the affected area of the skin with a band-aid. Change the compress a couple of times a day, and after a week the white dots will disappear.
- A specific garlic compress has proven itself well.
- It is useful to apply germinated grains of wheat to the white subcutaneous points on the lips.
- An excellent remedy is fir oil. Apply it on your lips for ten minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- Another specific remedy is baked onions. Grease a medium-sized onion with honey and place in the oven for about a quarter of an hour. Then take it out, cut it in half and apply it to your lip. If desired, you can use onion juice: squeeze it and gently rub it into the skin.