Tar soap, as a remedy for comedones, acne, acne and blackheads, has long been used by folk healers. The popularity of this product in the fight against skin problems is due to its high efficiency for all skin types and low cost.
Does tar soap help with acne
Alternative medicine recommends using tar for acne and other skin problems. The most convenient for use on the skin of the face is tar added to soap. The main property of this soap is the antibacterial effect. In order for the first improvements in the health of the skin to appear, it is recommended to use tar soap for two weeks. To obtain a lasting result, soap must be applied for 2-3 months. The systematic use of tar soap helps to improve the condition of the skin and get rid of rashes and blackheads.
Soap with tar – the benefits and harms
Tar soap is a product that combines 90% laundry soap with 10% birch tar. Tar soap for acne and blackheads has beneficial properties due to the healing properties of each component. Laundry soap in alternative medicine is used as a tool that helps fight harmful bacteria by alkalizing the environment. Tar soap has a lot of useful properties, and there is only one drawback – a pungent smell that disappears after washing after a short time. The useful qualities of birch tar include the following:
- relieves inflammation;
- fights harmful bacteria and fungi;
- dries out oily skin;
- negatively affects ticks that cause demodicosis;
- increases the microcirculation of the epidermis, which leads to an improvement in the condition of the skin;
- Reduces acne by unclogging pores.
Tar soap for acne – how to use?
Tar soap is often sold in the form of bars, but tar soap can also be found in liquid form. To improve the skin, cosmetologists recommend using this soap in the following ways:
- Washing. Before using tar soap for acne, the skin is washed with warm water. Soap is foamed in the palms and the foam is applied with massaging movements on the skin of the face. Withstand 2-3 minutes, and then remove with warm water. Complete the procedure with cold water and applying a moisturizer to avoid overdrying of the skin. Washing with soap is done twice a day for normal and oily skin, and for dry skin – every other day. This is done until the symptoms of inflammation disappear.
- Point use. For large single rashes, spot treatment is used. For this, the face is washed and pieces of softened tar soap are applied to the acne. After 20 minutes, wash off the soap with warm and then cold water to improve blood circulation.
- Mask. A mask of tar soap for acne is applied once a week for normal and oily skin and once every two weeks for dry skin. To prepare the mask, soap is diluted with water and other ingredients are added: honey, cinnamon, decoctions of medicinal herbs, cream. A tar mask is applied to the face with a brush and left for 15-20 minutes. Remove the mask with warm and cool water.
Tar soap for acne on the face
Tar soap helps with acne, improves the condition of the skin, relieves pustular infections, but it may take time and systematic efforts to obtain a lasting therapeutic effect. To get rid of skin problems, you can use any of the methods described above. Daily washing with tar soap for acne does not require much time, but has a guaranteed effect. Masks will take more time, but you should not do them every day. 20 minutes a week devoted to a face mask will affect the health of the skin in the most positive way.
Tar soap for acne on the back
Inflammatory pustules can also appear on the skin of the back. In this case, you can also use tar soap against acne. To do this, you need to apply soap with tar on a washcloth, wipe your back with it and leave the foam in the form of a mask for a quarter of an hour. If the inflammation is large and there are not many of them, then you can attach a piece of tar soap to the abscess and fix it with a band-aid for the night. Improvement occurs after 3-4 applications. The full course includes, depending on the condition, 1-3 months.
Tar soap for acne on the head
Getting rid of acne on the scalp is not easy, but even in this case, you can use the help of tar soap. If there are a lot of acne, you can make a mask with tar soap:
- Wet soap is applied to the scalp.
- Wrap with a towel and hold for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the mask with warm water.
- Dry hair is recommended to moisturize after the mask with a balm.
It is not recommended to clean your hair with tar soap instead of shampoo, so as not to dry your hair.
With spot rashes, you can use tar soap for acne at night. To do this, smear the inflamed area with a greasy layer of wet soap and leave overnight. In the morning, soap must be removed under running warm water. The course of treatment for inflammation can last from a couple of weeks to a couple of months. In the process of treatment, it is worth monitoring the condition of the hair: if the hair becomes faded and looks bad after applying soap, moisturizing masks should be added.
Acne appeared after tar soap
Birch tar soap fights acne caused by a bacterial infection. If, after using tar soap, acne began to appear, you can suspect the presence of internal problems with hormones, liver, and infections. Sometimes the cause of rashes is an overabundance of sweets in the diet. In this case, no external means can lead to a lasting result until the main problem that causes skin diseases is removed. Tar soap for subcutaneous acne is not always effective, in this case it is better to use a different method of treatment.