The question of how to maintain your hair, make it thicker and shinier is of concern to many. And one of the most common means for this are various masks. In particular, masks with sour cream are very popular among various folk recipes, which turns out to be not only a delicious product, but also a very effective cosmetic ingredient.
How useful is a sour cream mask?
Sour cream is a natural product that contains vitamins A, B, C, E, P, as well as a whole complex of microelements (sodium, fluorine, iron, iodine, zinc, etc.), fats and amino acids. Thanks to this, sour cream is an effective nourishing and strengthening agent for hair.
In addition, the advantage of sour cream masks is that they are very easy to prepare, can be used for any type of hair and kept on the head for an unlimited time without any negative consequences.
Sour cream masks for dry and normal hair
The sour cream hair mask recipes below are equally suitable for all hair types. Only for dry hair you need to take more fatty sour cream, and for normal hair – with low fat content.
- Sour cream and egg hair mask. Two raw yolks carefully grind with two tablespoons of sour cream. Apply the mask first on the scalp, and then distribute the remainder along the entire length of the hair. Wash off after 25-20 minutes with lukewarm water.
- Hair mask with sour cream and potatoes. Mix the juice of one small potato with a tablespoon of sour cream, honey and one egg yolk. Apply to the scalp and along the entire length of the hair for 15-20 minutes.
- Hair masks from sour cream with oils. Mix sour cream and vegetable oil (burdock, olive or almond) in equal proportions. Depending on the type of hair, you can add 1-2 drops of Atlas cedar, lemon, rosemary, sage, grapefruit (for oily hair), ylang-ylang, carrot seeds, geranium, parsley (for dry) essential oils. The mask is applied for 20 minutes, after which it is washed off with lukewarm water.
- Nourishing sour cream mask for hair can be prepared from the juice of half a lemon, celery juice (two teaspoons) and fatty sour cream (two tablespoons).
Sour cream masks for hair growth and strengthening
- Hair mask with sour cream and burdock. Pour boiling water over one tablespoon of chopped burdock root and insist for an hour. Strain the infusion and mix with sour cream (3/4 cup). Apply to clean hair and rinse with shampoo. This mask not only has a nourishing and firming effect, but also helps to get rid of dandruff.
- As a mask, you can use sour cream in its pure form, diluting it to the desired consistency with kefir or yogurt.
- Against hair loss, you can use a mixture of one medium-sized finely grated carrot and two tablespoons of sour cream. The mask is applied at the hair roots for 40 minutes, after which it is washed off with shampoo. For a pronounced effect, it is recommended to use it at least twice a week.
- For brittle and prone to hair loss, use a mask of one egg yolk, a tablespoon of cognac, castor oil and two tablespoons of sour cream. The egg is rubbed with cognac, after which oil and sour cream are added. The mixture is heated in a water bath rub into the scalp with massaging movements and leave for 30 minutes, wrapping your head with a towel. Apply the mask three times a month for six months.
To achieve the best effect, it is recommended to wash off any sour cream masks with a decoction of burdock or freshly brewed tea.
In order for the use of sour cream for hair to lead to the desired result, the product must be fresh and of high quality. It is best to buy not store-bought sour cream, but homemade, at the market.