Many brands of hygienic and medical cosmetics for hair contain panthenol or D-panthenol. This is due to the fact that the active substance, provitamin B5, tends to penetrate into the surface layers of the hair and bind moisture there. Thanks to this effect, the hair becomes more elastic and strong.
Means with panthenol for hair – release forms:
- Liquid D-panthenol for hair at a concentration of 75%.
- Panthenol-spray for hair for every day or for hot styling.
- Mask or hair balm with panthenol.
- Shampoo with panthenol for hair.
- Vitamins for hair in capsules – panthenol-40.
Methods of application and effect
D-panthenol for hair 75% is a clear liquid with a yellowish tinge. This is an aqueous solution of provitamin B group with 1% citric acid. It is used as an additive in homemade cosmetics: masks, shampoos, balms. In this form, panthenol can be added to a treatment cream for hair and scalp to enhance the effect.
Has the following effect:
- creates a thin protective film on the hair that prevents moisture from evaporating;
- thickens hair;
- relieves itching and reduces dryness of the scalp;
- prevents split ends of hair.
The use of panthenol in a daily hair spray is especially beneficial in the summer when hair is exposed to high doses of UV radiation. It must be remembered that the concentration of a substance in a cosmetic product for each day should not exceed 2%.
- protects hair from UV rays;
- normalizes the component metabolism of the scalp;
- prevents overdrying of the scalp and dandruff;
- relieves irritation due to sweating in hot weather;
- reduces the production of fat by the sebaceous glands;
- prevents the appearance of eczema and seborrhea.
Hair styling spray may contain more dexpanthenol: up to 3-4%. Effect of use:
- hair easier to take the desired shape, become obedient;
- during blow-drying and other hot styling, the hair is protected from drying out, their structure is not destroyed;
- hair gains shine and longer fixation.
Mask and balm
Panthenol-containing mask or hair balm usually contain up to 5% of the active ingredient in the composition. It is recommended to make such a mask 1-2 times a week, if the hair is badly damaged and needs intensive care – up to 4 times. Balm can be used more often, but not every day.
It has this effect:
- moisturizing and nourishing the scalp;
- increase in hair elasticity, their elasticity;
- strengthening hair follicles;
- hair restoration from the inside;
- treatment of dandruff and various scalp conditions resulting from excessive dryness.
Panthenol is often added to anti-hair loss shampoos for its healing properties. Professional shampoos contain provitamin B5 at a concentration of 4-6%. This allows you to get the following results with daily use:
- hair growth is accelerated;
- the production of sebum is normalized;
- dandruff disappears;
- increases the density and volume of hair;
- hair roots are strengthened;
- hair becomes soft and healthy looking.
Capsules with panthenol
Panthenol-40 belongs to the group of cosmetic vitamins. Its use has a positive effect not only on the skin and mucous membranes, but also on the hair along the entire length.
- reduces fragility and stratification of hair;
- prevents hair loss;
- protects hair from all types of mechanical and thermal damage;
- increases the protective functions of the hair;
- promotes hair growth.