Oblique bangs are an alternative for those who love originality. She gives the face unusualness, and is able to “revive” any, even the simplest haircut.
Laying oblique bangs
Oblique bangs are much easier to lay than straight bangs, especially if it is graduated. All that is required is to direct the air flow of the hair dryer towards the bangs, combing it along the way, as if whipping the hair with a brush with sparse teeth.
If the oblique bangs have long strands, and the hair tends to curl into waves, then, most likely, you can not do without a round brush with fine bristles: you need to pull the hair with it during drying, applying a narrow dispenser to the hair. If this method does not help, then you will have to use an iron to straighten the strands.
As an evening option, bangs can be twisted up with a curling iron or combed to the side.
Variants of oblique bangs
There are many variations of side bangs, and of course they are designed for different face types.
Oblique bangs for an elongated oval face should have long and short strands. This will help her organically blend with the lines of an elongated face and at the same time not focus on this feature of the oval.
Oblique bangs for a square face should not be long: it can end in the area of the upper cheekbone, despite the fact that its shortest part can reach 1 cm. On square-shaped faces, multi-layer oblique bangs look good, which make the face more “soft”. Smooth transitions are desirable here, without sharp lines and thinning teeth if the bangs are torn.
Oblique bangs for a triangular face can be straight without thinning and layering. It starts at the crown, the upper point reaches the eyebrow, and the lower one slightly covers the second eyebrow.
Oblique bangs for a rectangular face it can be anything: with thinning, and without it, as well as combine strands of different lengths.
Scheme of cutting oblique bangs
- Before the oblique bangs are cut, the master washes the head of the client, as it is done on wet hair.
- After that, he selects the strands that will form the future bangs: from the top of the head or retreating a few centimeters from it, triangular or U-shaped.
- Then the master cuts the bangs diagonally according to the length of its longest strands, if the oblique bangs are graduated.
- After that, the master, holding the scissors vertically, cuts off the strands, forming a short part of the bangs.
- Then he uses thinning scissors to make the transition from long to short strands smooth.
- If the oblique bangs are not graduated, then the wizard’s actions are limited to the first three points, to which alignment is added to achieve a perfectly even line.
- After drying with a hairdryer, the master corrects the bangs with scissors.
Fashionable haircuts with oblique bangs
Kare. This haircut can be long, when the hair is slightly above the shoulders, as well as classic, when its length reaches the middle of the neck. With a square, a short oblique bang with fine thinning looks spectacular.
Bean. This haircut is suitable for all women, regardless of the type of face. There are several of its forms, however, the bangs remain the decisive element on which the haircut will look. Bob can be classic, when the length of the lower strands at the back of the head does not exceed 0.5 cm, and also elongated, when the hair at the back of the neck remains longer, but, nevertheless, in any case, the “angle” trend remains in the haircut: hair, located above the lower short strands lie on them so that a slight upward diagonal slope is created.
Cascade. In this case, the strands are cut in tiers and profiled: usually masters do not make more than 3 lengths in a haircut. There are no restrictions on the total length of the hair, but the length just below the shoulders remains optimal: in this case, the hair fits beautifully due to the fact that it is not weighted under its own weight. Oblique bangs with long and short strands are ideal for the cascade.