Modern manicure technologies do not stand still, and every day they surprise us with amazing new products. Among them is a magnetic gel polish, which has already won the favor of both masters and visitors to beauty salons. This cosmetic product allows you to create a unique and inimitable manicure with pronounced moving highlights on the surface of the nails.
What is a gel polish with a magnetic effect?
The described tool differs from the usual gel polish in that microscopic metal particles are evenly dispersed in its bulk. Naturally, when a magnet is brought to it, the metal dust will rise and be distributed on the surface of the nail plate according to the lines created by the magnetic field.
It is worth noting that the final pattern and design of the manicure depends on the shape of the magnet used.
The technology of using magnetic gel polish
To date, the most trendy version of the described nail design is the “cat’s eye”. It looks like a natural chrysoberyl stone, it glares beautifully at different angles of inclination.
Here’s how to apply magnetic gel polish for a cat-eye effect:
- Prepare nails – file, degrease, apply a bonder.
- Dry the coating in an ultraviolet lamp.
- Apply gel polish in one layer.
- Without placing the nail in the lamp, bring a rare earth magnet as close as possible to its surface.
- Move it from right to left and vice versa for 30 seconds until a noticeable chrysoberyl highlight appears.
- Dry the gel polish in a UV lamp.
- Coat the manicure with a fixative and dry again.
- With a cotton pad soaked in alcohol, wipe the surface of the nails, removing the residual sticky layer. Repeat the above steps for the remaining nail plates.
As you can see, there is nothing difficult in creating a cat-eye manicure. It can be completed with small Swarovski crystals using a magnetic gel polish pencil. Pebbles should be placed along the cuticle line or along the edge of the nail.