Any woman at fifty wants to look thirty. But not everyone can afford plastic surgery, after which, moreover, a long recovery course is needed. Lipofilling of the nasolabial folds is a new non-surgical method for eliminating wrinkles and consists in transplanting fatty tissues into problem areas.
Correction of nasolabial folds
Lipofilling is a procedure for introducing your own fat cells. The advantage of this method is:
- its hypoallergenicity;
- low invasiveness, allowing the operation to be performed on an outpatient basis;
- lasting result;
- fast recovery;
- the possibility of using it in conjunction with other methods of rejuvenation.
For correction, adipose tissue is used, usually from the abdomen or buttocks. Tissue sampling is carried out using a special syringe equipped with a long tube. The process is quite unpleasant, because local anesthesia is used.
Before the introduction of fat into the fold, it is cleaned, as a result of which an absolutely pure material is formed, ready for transplantation. The material is injected strictly into the nasolabial fold. Depending on the surface area of the face undergoing the procedure, general anesthesia or local anesthesia is used.
Usually, the process lasts no more than an hour, it all depends on the area of impact. There is no need for further hospitalization. After a couple of hours you can go home. With careful observance of all the recommendations of the doctor, the recovery period will pass quickly and without complications. Some discomfort can be caused by bruising, which disappears completely after seven days.
In the areas that underwent the procedure during the first week, swelling is observed, which gradually disappears. You can fully evaluate the effect of the correction after two months. During this period, the fat should be evenly distributed under the skin and take root. Part of the non-engrafted cells is excreted in a natural way.
As for the effectiveness of lipofilling and the answer to the question of how long the result lasts, some give lifetime guarantees. But it is known for sure that the effect lasts at least ten years.
Complications after lipofilling
The procedure may be accompanied by a number of complications:
- During the recovery period, there may be swelling after lipofilling and a decrease in sensitivity, which disappear completely after about a week.
- Often, patients are faced with irregularities and asymmetries of the resulting forms, arising from excessive filling with adipose tissue. Evenness and symmetry depends on the professionalism and experience of the doctor.
- Lipofilling, like any other intervention, can be accompanied by infectious complications.
- Some time after the operation, pain is observed, which is normal. Its continued existence is a reason to see a doctor
- The recovery period may be accompanied by hematomas, for the resorption of which it is recommended to use special preparations and apply cold.
- A particularly dangerous side effect is the atrophy of the injected fat cells, which can cause tissue inflammation that requires prolonged treatment, both therapeutically and surgically.
Lipofilling – contraindications
This procedure is not recommended in the following cases:
- with diabetes;
- persons suffering from diseases of the heart muscle and vascular system;
- people with cancer;
- in the acute course of chronic pathologies;
- when inflammation occurs.