Peeling – an indispensable procedure for cleaning and rejuvenating the skin. We often use body and face scrubs, but we forget that the delicate and sensitive skin of the lips also needs to be updated. What should be a lip scrub and how to carry out delicate cleaning – we will talk about this in our new material.
DIY lip scrub
It’s no secret that any face scrub is applied, avoiding the areas around the eyes and lips. After all, the skin there is very thin, and coarse scrub particles can not only injure it, cause irritation, but also stretch the upper layer of the epidermis. Thus, instead of rejuvenation, you can get quite the opposite result. Therefore, a lip scrub must be purchased with a special mark, or you can create it yourself. Fortunately, there are many recipes.
The most important thing in such a tool is a gentle base and small cleansing particles, ideally dissolving in the process of applying the scrub. Most often, vegetable or animal oils are used as a base. And the role of the particles is played by sugar in any of its forms.
Another requirement for “lip” peeling: it is desirable that the scrub does not have an unpleasant taste and smell. The ingredients for such a tool are probably present in any home. So, if you decide to make a lip scrub, home peeling will turn out to be a very inexpensive, simple and useful procedure.
Homemade lip scrub recipes
The elementary and fastest scrub to prepare is honey. Without adding anything to a valuable bee product, we get a ready-made product for renewing, nourishing and cleansing the skin of the lips. Honey just needs to be applied to the lips with light massage movements, rubbed without much effort and washed off with warm water. And to give the honey scrub additional beneficial properties, you can add other components. Here’s how to make a honey and olive oil lip scrub:
- 1 teaspoon of honey needs to be warmed up a little in a water bath (you can just hold it over a boiling kettle).
- Add half a teaspoon of olive oil and 5 drops of lemon juice.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly and apply on lips.
- Leave the mixture on the lips for 10 minutes, then wipe off with a dry cloth.
Sugar lip scrub
Sugar is a great cleansing ingredient in any scrub. He has no contraindications. Allergy sufferers, as well as people with sensitive skin, can safely peel with sugar. It effectively cleanses the skin, gently exfoliates its dead particles and does not bring any discomfort.
Sugar for belongings can be taken as ordinary white, but it is better if it is brown sugar. The latter contains nutrients and minerals necessary for the beauty and health of the skin of the lips. Here’s how to make a sugar lip scrub:
- You will need 1 teaspoon of sugar, as well as a small piece of butter.
- Heat the oil to a soft consistency and carefully stir in the sugar.
- Ready scrub after application to the lips should not be washed off with water. It is enough to wipe it off with a dry soft cloth.
Sugar lip scrub with toning and nourishing effect:
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar should be mixed with half a teaspoon of honey.
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive or castor oil and a few drops of peppermint oil.
- Dilute the prepared mass with a few drops of boiled water and apply on the lips.
- After the cleansing procedure, the scrub should be washed off with warm water.
Sugar lip scrub to restore skin elasticity and color:
- 1 teaspoon of sugar should be thoroughly rubbed with a quarter teaspoon of dry cinnamon.
- Add a few drops of grape seed oil and a few drops of cinnamon essential oil to the resulting powder.
- Mix all ingredients and apply on lips.
- After 10 minutes, the scrub should be removed from the lips with a napkin.