When the jaw begins to ache sharply, and it is difficult to get to the dentist, a frantic search for funds immediately begins than to rinse your mouth with a toothache. The most famous recipe is baking soda with salt, but if the solution does not help, you have to think about stronger medicines. They should be selected taking into account the cause of inflammation and the proposed composition of the drug.
Causes of toothache
Toothache occurs when the neurovascular bundle inside the tooth itself or in the surrounding tissues is inflamed. Painful sensations can be aching, radiating to the ear and temple, then it feels like the whole jaw is aching. In such cases, rinsing helps to cleanse the oral mucosa from the infection that causes inflammation and prevent decay.
Typical causes of toothache:
- caries, pulpitis;
- pericoronitis caused by the growth of a wisdom tooth;
- inflammation of the gums;
- colds, sinusitis, sinusitis, when the pain is reflected in the teeth near the sinuses;
- jaw trauma, root fracture;
- cracks and chips in the teeth;
- whitening abrasive pastes;
- hard toothbrush;
- inflammation of the facial nerves;
- lack of vitamins.
How can you rinse your mouth with a toothache?
Solving the problem of how to relieve toothache at home, use elixirs, herbal decoctions or solutions. The healing fluid helps relieve inflammation, strengthens the soft tissue, cleanses the mucous membrane. But if pus began to accumulate in the cavity of the tooth, rinsing will not help, a high-quality cleaning is needed.
Recommendations for rinsing your mouth with a toothache:
- anti-inflammatory solutions;
- herbal decoctions;
- essential oils.
Therapeutic solutions are prescribed for gingivitis and periodontitis to remove discomfort. They are included in the full range of treatment, since with severe inflammation and suppuration, more powerful antibacterial agents are needed. Therefore, if rinsing does not bring relief for the first 1-2 days, you need to contact your dentist.
Disinfectant solutions are considered the most effective, in this list it’s really possible to find how to rinse your mouth if your tooth hurts:
- Chlorhexidine. Based on chlorhexidine bigluconate, it quickly destroys bacteria.
- Miramistin. Deals with fungi and viruses. Recommended for gingivitis, viral stomatitis, candidiasis.
- Furacilin. Qualitatively disinfects, prevents the formation of suppuration, tablets diluted in water with the addition of salt work more efficiently. It is necessary to rinse with furatsilin for toothache 3-4 times a day.
What herbs help with toothache?
With painful sensations caused by inflammation of the gums, herbs help well, they save from toothache by removing swelling and healing tissues. It should be borne in mind that such infusions also have a coloring effect, the plaque will have to be removed when the course of treatment is completed. You can brew one type of herb or mix compositions.
Infusions – how to rinse your mouth with a toothache:
- St. John’s wort;
- calamus root;
Toothache remedy recipe
- chamomile – 1 tbsp. a spoon;
- sage – 1 tbsp. a spoon;
- water – 200 ml.
- Mix raw materials, pour boiling water.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes, leave for half an hour.
- Strain, warm, rinse your mouth 3-4 times a day.
Toothache Mouthwash Recipes
When a tooth hurts, than to rinse, you should decide right away, you don’t need to frantically try different means. A replacement is made if relief does not occur after 2-3 rinses, and only towards a more powerful composition. To begin with, it is worth trying a solution of soda with salt, it removes pain, restores tissues, and washes away the remnants of rotting food from the tooth cavity.
The best recipes than rinsing your mouth with a sudden toothache:
- Soda solution with salt and iodine. In 1 st. warm water dissolve 1 teaspoon of soda and salt, add 2 drops of iodine. Rinse your mouth with soda for toothache every hour.
- A decoction of onion peel. The skin from 2 onions is washed and poured with 1 tbsp. hot water, insist 15 minutes, filter.
- Aroma oils. Bleeding is removed, bacteria are destroyed, oils are rubbed into the gums or added to solutions. The standard recipe is 2-3 drops per 1 tbsp. water. Treat toothache with tea tree oil, sea buckthorn and black cumin.
Mouthwash solution for gum disease
Often the cause of pain in the teeth are weak immunity, hormonal changes, chronic diseases. Therefore, it is important to establish the root of the problem, otherwise rinsing will bring only temporary relief. With frequent inflammation, it is recommended to use a pharmacy solution for rinsing the mouth.
Recommended medicines for toothache:
- Rotokan. Includes yarrow, chamomile and calendula, heals tissues well, relieves bleeding. The medicine is diluted with water, you need to apply 5 days, 3 times a day.
- Chlorophyllipt. It contains eucalyptus leaf extract, a very powerful healing and anti-inflammatory agent. Not only kills bacteria, but also increases the concentration of oxygen, restores immunity. It is advisable to use an oil solution, it is diluted with water, it must be rinsed three times a day.
- Tantum Verde. Based on benzydamine, it qualitatively destroys the infection and anesthetizes. For gingivitis and periodontitis, the solution is used undiluted. The procedure should be carried out 2-3 times a day.
Teething rinse solution
Wisdom teeth bring a lot of trouble and problems, when they begin to erupt, pain in the gums immediately appears. If the situation is complicated by tissue inflammation, pressure on other teeth, you need to contact your dentist. If the sore spot aches from time to time, you can try to get by with folk recipes.
Tips on how to rinse a wisdom tooth to relieve pain:
- Camomile tea. Brew 100 g of raw materials in 500 ml of water, leave for 20 minutes, strain.
- Infusion of oak bark. Pour 6 tbsp. spoons of raw materials 500 ml of boiling water, simmer for 1 minute, cool, filter.
- propolis solution. Dilute 2-4 drops per 1 tbsp. water, you can add to the decoction of calendula.
Flux mouthwash solution
Many had to decide how to relieve a toothache with a flux, this is an inflammation of the connective tissue near the periosteum. The cause may be neglected caries or a tooth injury, a characteristic sign is severe swelling. With a flux on the upper jaw, the cheekbones swell, with the lower jaw – the chin and neck.
It is dangerous to start such inflammation so that suppuration of facial tissues does not occur. You need to rinse every 1.5-2 hours, from the solutions it is recommended:
- Malavit. In the composition – medicinal herbs with silver and copper ions. Dilute 5 drops of solution per 1 tbsp. water.
- Betadine. The solution includes iodine, so it quickly copes with inflammation. For rinsing, dissolve 1 teaspoon of the product per 0.25 tbsp. water.
- Infusion of herbs. Mix 6 tbsp. spoons of sage, eryngium and mustard, pour 300 ml of boiling water. It is necessary to insist 2 hours and strain.
Mouthwash after tooth extraction
After removing teeth, dentists advise using an antiseptic mouthwash for better healing. Procedures can be carried out only on the second day, since at first the hole is protected by a dense blood clot that formed after removal. If you wash it, then an infection can get into an open wound.
Many patients wonder if hydrogen peroxide can be rinsed with teeth as it is a strong anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial agent. In its pure form, the drug cannot be used, it is standardly diluted with 1 tbsp. spoon for 100 ml of water. It is necessary to carry out the procedure for 1-2 minutes, from 3 to 5 times a day.
How to rinse your mouth properly when removing a tooth:
- Make a warm solution.
- Dial in the mouth, hold for 1-2 minutes, holding the liquid near the sore spot.
- Rinsing and suction movements should not be done.
- Spit out the liquid carefully.
What solutions do dentists recommend:
- Stomatofit. Includes sage, chamomile, arnica, calamus, oak bark. Well relieves inflammation, blocks the infection.
- A solution of potassium permanganate. It is diluted with extreme caution, since a strong concentration can cause a burn. Put 1-2 grains per 1 tbsp. water.
- Ginger root. Grind a piece of root, pour boiling water, leave for 15 minutes, strain.
How to rinse your mouth with a toothache?
In order for rinsing your mouth with a toothache to give the desired effect, you must not only choose and dilute the ingredients correctly, but also correctly carry out the procedure. In one session, 200 ml of liquid is used, if a large portion of the broth is boiled, then it is slightly heated. You need to rinse your mouth after eating and every 20-50 minutes, after that you can not eat and drink for about half an hour.
How to rinse:
- The temperature of the solution should be between 37 and 42°C.
- Try to keep fluid near the affected area.
- Rinse your mouth for 3 to 5 minutes so that the medicine penetrates the mucous membrane better.
Why not rinse your mouth?
Often the question arises whether it is possible to rinse the tooth with vodka. Alcohol destroys microbes, but is dangerous for the mucosa, as it can cause gum burns, pulp necrosis, and nerve irritation. Such a medicine will only aggravate the situation, so even alcohol medicinal solutions are not recommended.
It is forbidden to rinse an aching tooth:
- any alcohol;
- undiluted hydrogen peroxide;
- concentrated solution of potassium permanganate.