A beautiful modern manicure cannot be done without removing the regrown cuticle. The skin around the nail plate can grow into the nail bed, break, and this in turn leads to the formation of hangnails and cracks. In addition, nail growth may be impaired. Those ladies who prefer to do their own manicure need to know how to quickly and correctly remove the cuticle at home.
How to remove the cuticle at home?
The easiest way to carry out the procedure at home is to remove the cuticle using special chemical solvents. This version of the elimination of the cuticle, characteristic of the so-called European manicure, does not require honed skills and is considered sparing. But a significant part of the ladies still prefer a classic manicure when the cuticle is trimmed.
Consider how to remove the cuticle at home step by step, in both ways.
Removal of the cuticle in the classical way
To trim the cuticle in the classic way, you need tools:
- tweezers (or sharp scissors);
- pusher (wand).
Before the procedure, the instruments must be disinfected!
- Prepare warm water with diluted cosmetic soap and sea salt. Immerse your fingers in a container of water for 15 minutes, then wipe dry with a napkin or towel.
- Using a pusher or stick, move the cuticle to the base of the nail plate, while slightly lifting.
- Using tweezers, carefully trim the keratinized skin from the lateral parts of the nail and cut the cuticle in an arc.
- Apply cream to the treated cuticle.
Removal of the cuticle in the European way
For the European way you will need:
- a cuticle remover, preferably containing fruit acid (gel in a bottle or in the form of a pencil);
- a stick with a pointed and beveled end.
If the gel is in a bottle, then the composition is applied with a brush or with a pipette.
- Apply a cuticle remover to the skin near the nail bed. Leave for the time indicated in the attached instructions. The composition will soften the keratinized skin.
- Use sticks to remove cuticles.
- Wash your hands with soap under running water, dry with a towel and grease with a nourishing cream.
Attention! It is not necessary to completely cut the cuticle, because. it ensures the integrity of the nail plate and reliably protects the nail bed from infection.