Before you determine the remedy and learn how to remove bruises under the eyes, it is important to find out why they appear. In some cases, medicinal formulations are needed, in others, cosmetic ones are enough. The reasons may be chronic diseases, genetic failure, intoxication, or simply lack of fluid.
Bruises under the eyes – causes
The main reason that bruises appear under the eyes, cosmetologists call the anatomical feature of this area. Thin skin, tight-fitting vessels react to the slightest changes in the body, there is an erroneous opinion that an excess of fluid can be the cause, but in fact it is a lack of it.
Why there are bags and bruises under the eyes, what provokes them:
- diseases of the kidneys, heart and blood vessels, endocrine system;
- circulatory disorders;
- intoxication, poisoning;
- nervous stress, eye strain;
Dark circles under the eyes – causes
When blood accumulates in the vessels, which lacks oxygen, dark circles appear under the eyes. The skin in this place is very delicate and sensitive, constantly stretching, due to facial expressions, constant movement, there is a tendency to edema. The effect of the shadow is often enhanced by the orbital cavities.
In addition to the reasons already mentioned, there are others why dark circles under the eyes are:
- Smoking and alcohol. The substances that they contain provoke chronic intoxication and destroy tissues.
- Wrong nutrition. Fried and spicy foods, lack of vitamins immediately affect the condition of the skin.
- Severe lack of sleep. The load on the eyes and the area around them increases.
Bruise under the eye from a blow
It simplifies the task somewhat if the dark spots around the eyes are the result of a blow to the face. On the one hand, the “decoration” appears too clearly, but on the other hand, one can take comfort in the fact that over time it will disappear without a trace. Why bruises under the eyes form in such cases is easy to explain: capillaries burst, a hematoma occurs. Full recovery will take time, but it is possible to reduce the bruise with the help of ointments and creams in 2-3 days.
How to remove a bruise under the eye from a blow?
It is easy to determine the date of injury by the color of the bruise, doctors know this well. On the first day, the place is filled with red, as an internal bruise is formed due to bursting blood vessels. Then the blood begins to clot, and the bruise acquires a dark blue or purple hue by the end of the first day. On the 6th day, hemoglobin begins to break down, the impact site acquires a greenish tint, then yellowish.
How long the bruise passes under the eye depends on the measures taken, if you immediately apply ice or metal to the bruise, and then lubricate it with a medicinal mixture, there is a chance to get rid of the stain not in a week, but in 3-4 days. And it will be possible to successfully cover it with foundation in a couple of days, but it also depends on the degree of damage.
A proven remedy for bruising under the eyes is an ointment with a resolving effect:
- Lyoton. Restores tissues, improves blood circulation.
- Troxevasin. It is prescribed for varicose veins, but it also treats bruises perfectly.
- Bruise-off. It is based on leech extract, which improves the circulation of not only blood, but also lymph.
Bruise under the eye – first aid
The search for a remedy, how to cover up bruises under the eyes, depends on how strong the bruise was, and whether first aid was provided in time. With the right actions, the hematoma will not spread, and then, when hiding the traces, you can get by with foundation. It is very important to prevent a concussion, such injuries are manifested by nausea, dizziness, headache, vomiting, visual impairment.
First aid for a severe injury:
- Remove the object that struck, if it is a fallen tree or object.
- Apply a cold compress to the eyebrow and eye, hold for 10-12 minutes.
- Take a break for 10 minutes, apply again.
- In case of severe injury, call the doctors.
In such cases, it is prohibited:
- rub the site of the bruise so as not to damage the vessels even more;
- warm a bruise;
- puncture a growing tumor;
- lubricate with alcohol solutions, you only need hydrogen peroxide.
Bruise under the eye – treatment
To quickly remove a bruise under the eye from a blow, immediately after cold compresses, lubricate the bruised area with an ointment that has a resolving effect. Such drugs relieve swelling, remove small blood clots, cool the skin, relieving pain, strengthen blood vessels, and eliminate inflammation. You need to apply 2-3 times a day, spread gently, without rubbing.
It is recommended to apply:
- indovazin gel;
- heparin ointment;
- ointments Badyaga and Arnica.
How to remove dark circles under the eyes?
A more difficult task is how to get rid of bruises under the eyes that were provoked by other factors. If we are talking about a heavy load, doctors advise to review the work schedule, include walks, and review makeup products. The latter can also cause dark circles, since the components accumulate in the skin around the eyes and provoke allergies.
Tips on how to remove bruises under the eyes in such cases:
- Apply therapeutic face masks, creams and ointments.
- Eat more vitamins.
- Use proofreaders and patches.
- Do lymphatic drainage facial massage.
- Resort to mesotherapy.
Corrector for dark circles under the eyes
For every woman, it is important not only to get rid of bruises through medical procedures, but also to hide them from prying eyes. Correctors will help here, cosmetologists note that concealers in a liquid consistency or creamy texture are more effective. They are invisible, easily fit on thin skin, give a dense coating.
Concealers that will solve the problem of how to quickly remove dark circles under the eyes:
- Radiant. Dense pigmentation, reliably covers even intense manifestations.
- Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Conceale. The consistency is between cream and emulsion, completely removes bruises.
- Perfect Teint Concealer. It is considered the best remedy, due to its almost weightless structure.
Patches for bruising under the eyes
To solve the problem of how to remove bruises under the eyes, patches will help – a modern novelty from beauty trends. These are small pads or films impregnated with high concentrations of substances such as plant extracts, peptides and oils. Well moisturize and nourish the skin, smooth wrinkles, resolve hemorrhages.
What are the patches for dark circles under the eyes:
- Hydrogel. In the form of a dense jelly, when heated, they soften, if glued under the eyes, they will dissolve and nourish the tissues.
- Fabric. With the same composition, they are made according to the principle of cotton pads or pieces of adhesive plaster, they have a well-absorbing base.
Ointment for bruises under the eyes
They also help to decide how to remove bruises under the eyes, therapeutic ointments that dissolve bruises. Recommended drugs with venotonic effect and anti-inflammatory properties. Before applying, you need to test the product for the absence of allergies, for this, a fraction of the medicine is applied to the wrist. If there is no redness or rash, then you can apply.
What tools are recommended:
- Ointment Hamamelis – from the homeopathic series, with a venotonic effect, applied 2-3 times a day.
- Ointment or gel Indovazin – with anti-inflammatory action, based on indomecatin and troxeritin, which affect capillaries, strengthen blood vessels.
- Heparin ointment – from bruises under the eyes is considered the best remedy, the active ingredient is sodium heparin, which prevents blood clotting.
Cream for bruising under the eyes
Recommended for treatment and cream for dark circles under the eyes, these mixtures are divided into pharmacy and cosmetic. The former help to remove not only the blue around the eyes, but also the consequences of blows, the latter mix defects, but the healing effect is less pronounced. Although they provide skin care, remove swelling and smooth wrinkles.
Modern developments take into account the gender of consumers, there are separate creams for men and women. After all, the strong half of the skin is denser and thicker. Therefore, when buying, you should carefully study the label so as not to make a mistake in choosing.
The best cosmetic creams:
- Visible Results L’Oreal. Light texture, pleasant aroma, easily absorbed, removes puffiness, suitable for foundation.
- Wish Night Eye Cream. Restores and brightens the skin due to retinol and fruit acids, you need to apply at night.
- Vichy Thermal Fix. Hypoallergenic composition, gel structure based on thermal water, specially developed for sensitive skin around the eyes.
Folk remedies for dark circles under the eyes
There are also many folk recipes that, in times of total shortage, helped Soviet women maintain a decent appearance. The most popular was a mask for dark circles under the eyes of raw grated potatoes, it was mixed with oil and applied to the skin for 10 minutes, then washed off with warm water.
Other remedies to quickly remove bruises under the eyes:
- Cosmetic ice. Pour 1 tbsp. boiling water 1 tbsp. a spoonful of any of the herbs – sage, chamomile, cornflower, leave for 30 minutes, cool, freeze in ice. Wipe ice around the eyes in the morning and evening.
- Lemon mix. Mix 1 tbsp. spoon of tomato pulp and lemon juice, apply to the skin for 15 minutes.
- Badyaga from bruises under the eyes is especially effective, it is used in the treatment of severe hematomas. It can be used in the form of a powder, diluted with water into a gruel, it affects the metabolism, regenerates cells. Apply very gently, hold for 2-3 minutes.
Mesotherapy for dark circles under the eyes
If all of the above funds did not help to overcome bruises and swelling under the eyes, it remains to resort to mesotherapy. We are talking about the introduction of nutrients into the skin around the eyes with the help of injections or special devices. The thinned fibers of the connective tissues are restored very quickly, the sagging areas of the skin are filled with vitamins.
Manipulations are designed for several stages:
- The skin area is disinfected, an anesthetic is applied.
- The drug is injected into problem areas.
- Treat injection sites.
- Procedures are carried out in courses, drugs are administered at intervals.