Barley is an acute infectious disease. Basically, infection occurs due to the ingress of small dust particles into the eye through dirty hands or towels. The disease is divided into two types – internal and external. Usually there is one focus of inflammation. But in severe cases, two or more of them can form at once. Often the disease manifests itself at the most inopportune moment. Many do not want to see a doctor, while not really knowing how to quickly cure barley on the eye at home. There are actually many ways to get rid of this ailment without resorting to the help of doctors.
Home remedies for barley on the eye
After infection, if the necessary measures are not taken in a timely manner, the eyelid begins to swell, the eye turns red and watery from pain, photophobia quickly develops. After ripening for 3-4 days, the barley breaks through, pus is abundantly released, pain decreases. With the normal course of the disease, the swelling goes away on the seventh day.
There are several recipes that can remove the disease. To prepare them, you will have to use only improvised means. But many do not know exactly how you can quickly cure barley at home, without resorting to the advice of doctors. The most effective methods are:
- dry warm compresses;
- tinctures of various plants.
Cauterization can be used in the initial stages of the inflammatory process. This method is used to prevent the stage of suppuration. It is necessary to use any antiseptic agents:
The liquid is applied to a cotton swab, with which the affected area is gently treated.
To cure a disease such as barley on the eye at home, warming compresses from improvised means are often used:
- boiled eggs or potatoes;
- roasted flax seeds;
- heated sea salt;
- ironed cloth.
Potatoes or eggs need to be boiled until tender. Remove from water, wrap in a clean cloth and apply to the inflamed eye for a while. To keep warm, potatoes must be mashed and the egg left in the shell.
Sea salt and flax seeds are heated in a pan, poured onto a napkin, which is tied into a knot. You need to apply several times a day until the barley bursts and pus begins to flow from it. It is advisable to heat the salt in a pan without any coating, otherwise it can be severely damaged.
How to quickly cure internal barley on the eye with tinctures?
There are many decoctions that allow you to return the inflamed eyelid to its previous appearance in a short time:
- Calendula. Pour a few tablespoons of dry inflorescences with a glass of water, put on fire, bring to a boil. Let cool. Lotions are made with cotton swabs 3-4 times a day.
- Coriander. A spoonful of coriander must be poured with a cup of hot water and let it brew for about an hour. Gauze urinates in the resulting liquid and is applied to the eyelid.
- Dill seeds are used in the same way. Like coriander, they are able to quickly cure barley.
- An aloe leaf is finely chopped and poured with cold boiled water for a day. Lotions are applied directly to the eyelid.
- The tea bags are excellent. After brewing, it is applied to the eye for 5-10 minutes until it cools down. This tool will help cure barley at home as quickly as many pharmacy medicines.
- Dry plantain leaves are poured into a glass of hot water. After cooling, the liquid is applied directly to the inflamed eye.