Due to prolonged mechanical action, usually friction, calluses form on the skin. In addition to the fact that keratinized formations look unaesthetic, impede the natural movements of the hand and cling to tissues, they also gradually grow deep into the skin. Calluses leaving the epidermis, affecting the nerve endings, cause a sensation of pain. That is why every person should know how to get rid of calluses on his hands, especially if, due to the peculiarities of his profession or lifestyle, such formations often appear on his hands.
How to remove fresh calluses on the hands?
It is best, of course, to prevent the formation of corns, using special gloves or mittens to protect your hands, as well as using auxiliary equipment, for example, with frequent sewing, a thimble, etc. But if, nevertheless, it was not possible to save the hands, then the question becomes relevant: how to quickly get rid of calluses on the hands.
The easiest way is to use antibacterial adhesive plasters, which are fixed on problem areas of the skin. The use of adhesive plasters with a disinfecting effect is of particular importance for the so-called “water” calluses filled with lymph, and blood calluses containing blood and lymph. Before sticking the patch, doctors recommend treating the affected skin area with a bactericidal ointment (Levomekol, Eplan, etc.) or an antiseptic (Miramistin, Chlorhexidine)
If the corn bladder is swollen, then you should seek help from a doctor who will pierce it. If you are unable to contact a specialist:
- An alcohol-disinfected needle can be used to pierce a corn and squeeze out the liquid with clean hands.
- After that, you need to carefully treat the wound with a disinfectant and bandage it.
How to get rid of dry calluses on hands?
A slightly different approach to removing dry corns:
- Roughened skin is first softened by soaking in a warm bath for a long time. with soap and soda solution or a special agent.
- Then, using a pumice stone, gently rub the keratinized formation and lubricate it with a softening cream or ointment.
The use of anti-corn plasters is recognized as effective.
If a callus has formed, then professional help is indispensable. To remove old calluses in medicine, the following are used:
- mechanical cutting;
- burning with liquid nitrogen;
- laser therapy.