Glycerin for hair is an excellent nourishing and moisturizing agent, and also helps to get rid of some problems of the scalp.
What is useful and what is glycerin used for?
- for moisturizing dry and curly hair;
- for additional nutrition of damaged hair with split ends;
- to eliminate dandruff and irritation of the scalp;
- to preserve the color of dyed hair;
- to restore fat balance;
- to lighten hair.
Useful properties of glycerin for hair:
- Retains moisture, creating a microfilm on the surface of the hair and scalp.
- Relieves itching due to irritation or chemical attack.
- Helps gently brighten hair & add shine.
- Enhances resilience and elasticity of hair.
Masks with glycerin
- Mask for dry and curly hair: mix equal parts cosmetic glycerin and aloe vera extract. You can add a little natural apple cider vinegar, preferably homemade. This mixture should be applied to the hair and rubbed a little into the scalp. After 30 minutes, wash off the mask with warm water or a decoction of medicinal herbs.
- Mask for damaged, split ends: mix purified castor oil with glycerin in a ratio of 1: 4, add the yolk of a homemade chicken egg. Gently rub the mask into the scalp and evenly distribute through the hair. After 40 minutes, you need to wash it off with cool water.
- Mask for oily hair with glycerin: mix ethyl alcohol (72%) and glycerin in equal proportions. You need to massage the scalp with the resulting solution and wash your hair after half an hour.
- Glycerin solution for daily use: in a container with a spray bottle, mix mineral non-carbonated water and glycerin in equal amounts. The resulting solution can be sprayed daily on the hair and scalp. A mixture of glycerin and water will add shine to the hair and protect it from adverse factors and weather conditions.
- Mask for lightening hair with glycerin: a strong infusion of chamomile must be thoroughly mixed with cosmetic glycerin (it should be one tablespoon less than the decoction). The mask should be evenly applied to the hair along the entire length, insulated with plastic wrap and a towel. After 40 minutes, you need to wash your hair with warm water.
- Hair loss mask: you need to mix 3 teaspoons of glycerin and burdock oil, add a few drops of tea tree oil and lemon. The mask is recommended to be rubbed into the hair roots for 15 minutes, then left to act for half an hour. It is recommended to use this mixture no more than 3 times a week, but visible results will be noticeable after the second procedure.
Liquid glycerin – use in shampoo
Natural shampoo with glycerin is very easy to prepare at home. This will require:
- 400 ml of chamomile decoction (it is better to use pharmacy chamomile flowers).
- 10 ml of glycerin.
- 50 g of soap shavings or base for homemade shampoos.
All ingredients need to be slightly warmed up and mixed, after which the shampoo will be ready for use. It must be stored in a dark and cool place, such as a refrigerator.
It should be noted that the above recipe is suitable for light and blond hair. For brunettes and brown-haired women, instead of a decoction of chamomile, it is better to prepare an infusion of marigold or St. John’s wort.
The use of glycerin for hair of any type allows you to use it not only for the preparation of homemade hygiene cosmetics, but also add it to finished products. Just a teaspoon of liquid glycerin is enough for a bottle of shampoo, balm or a container with a purchased mask.