Unfortunately, bad ecology, unhealthy foods and a constant lack of vitamins affect both health and appearance. Most of all, in this case, the hair suffers. They become dry and brittle, devoid of shine. Salon procedures and professional cosmetics, of course, can help in solving this problem, but they often do not have enough time or money. Therefore, in this article we will consider the importance of ordinary gelatin for hair.
Gelatin for hair – benefits
This simple product contains a large amount of protein (vegetable or animal origin), B vitamins and collagen.
The above components are indispensable components for healthy hair, and their action is manifested not only during external procedures, but also due to the intake of gelatin inside.
How does gelatin affect hair?
Due to the high protein content, gelatin has a strengthening effect on the hair roots. Thus, the hair follicles are not destroyed, and their life span becomes much longer. Therefore, the hair stops falling out, and the intensity of their growth increases.
Collagen is an indispensable substance for dry and dull hair. It fills the voids in the hair shaft and glues the scales, so that the hair looks healthy and shiny. It is worth noting that collagen is able to revive even severely split and dull tips.
B vitamins are especially beneficial for the scalp. They increase local immunity, protecting against various diseases, such as dandruff and seborrhea. It is the poet who has long practiced hair treatment with gelatin in folk medicine. In addition, vitamin B protects the scalp from drying out, maintains a natural water and acid balance.
Is gelatin bad for hair?
This product does not pose any danger if procedures are used with it within reasonable limits. Naturally, daily gelatin masks are not recommended, like any other. This is too much stress on the hair, due to which they can weaken even more and fall out. Therefore, everything should be in moderation.
Gelatin for hair growth – masks
Hair mask with gelatin for their growth:
- in a deep glass bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of the product with water in a ratio of 1: 2;
- heat the mixture in a water bath or in a microwave, stirring occasionally, until the gelatin is completely dissolved;
- apply the resulting warm mass to the hair;
- After 15 minutes, wash your hair thoroughly with running cool water.
Hair mask with egg yolk and gelatin for hair growth and strengthening:
- melt the gelatin until a thick homogeneous mass is obtained;
- in equal proportions mix dry mustard powder, gelatin and colorless henna. It is usually enough to take 1 teaspoon of each ingredient;
- add 1 egg yolk to the mass and mix everything well;
- Apply the mixture to clean, dry hair and leave for 20 minutes, then rinse with running water at room temperature.
Home lamination of hair with gelatin – recipe:
- Pour food gelatin with water in proportions of 1: 3;
- leave for half an hour;
- heat the mixture so that the mass becomes homogeneous, but do not boil;
- apply the resulting lamination composition to clean, damp hair, avoiding the roots;
- wrap your hair with a cosmetic film and insulate with a towel;
- leave the mask for 40 minutes, periodically maintaining heat in the hair by heating it with a hairdryer;
- after the allotted time, wash your hair thoroughly;
- the procedure can not be carried out more than 2 times a week.
Washing hair with gelatin
It is very easy to prepare a health-improving hygiene product with this product. You just need to mix liquid gelatin with your favorite shampoo and dilute it a little with boiled water.
Thanks to the regular use of gelatin, the hair becomes shiny and healthy in about 3 weeks.