Sometimes it is very difficult to understand the meaning of an unfamiliar term, especially if it comes from another language. For example, the word “dysport” is immediately associated with movement or competition, but in fact it is related to the beauty industry. Therefore, it is worth understanding in more detail what it is – Dysport.
To quickly understand the purpose of Dysport in cosmetology, one has only to call it a synonym – Botox. The difference between these two drugs lies in the country of origin and the quantitative content of the active substance – botulinum toxin.
Characteristics of the drug Dysport
Dysport is a cosmetic product created by the French company Beafour-Ipsen-Speywood. It contains group A neurotoxin. This is a special protein that is extracted from bacteria of a certain type. Dysport injection in aesthetic cosmetology is used to smooth and tighten the skin of the face. They can replace the peeling procedure and surgical intervention.
How Dysport injection works
On the face, facial wrinkles are formed mainly in places where the muscles are constantly moving:
- on the forehead;
- bridge of the nose
- around the eyes;
- at the corners of the lips.
After all, when the muscle is shortened, at the same time there is a wrinkling of the skin. Over time, the epidermis becomes less elastic, so wrinkles are less smoothed out, and the folds become deeper and more noticeable.
The rejuvenating effect after an injection of Dysport is achieved due to the fact that the small muscles located under the skin cease to receive nerve impulses for movement. They stop contracting for a certain period of time (paralyzed), and the skin relaxes and smoothes during this time. A feature of this method is that the skin is not injured at all.
The action of the injection lasts for several months, so only 2-3 injections are needed per year to maintain the effect obtained. The duration of muscle immobility will increase each time, which leads to a decrease in the number of procedures up to 2 times a year.
Indications for injection of Dysport
Before carrying out cosmetic procedures, the doctor must examine the patient and recommend the most effective one. Dysport is used to combat wrinkles located in such places:
- around eyes;
- on the forehead and upper part of the bridge of the nose, having a horizontal orientation;
- vertical on the bridge of the nose;
- in the corners of the nasolabial triangle and the lips themselves;
- on the neck and décolleté.
Also, such an injection can be done before correcting the shape of the eyebrows, eyes, as well as with excessive sweating of the palms and feet.
How is a Dysport injection given?
- Examination and consultation with a doctor.
- Delivery of all necessary tests.
- Preparation for the procedure – disinfection of the necessary skin area and equipment.
- The introduction of the drug is performed subcutaneously, into the muscle located under the wrinkle. The injections are made along the crease. Anesthesia is not required.
- Ice is placed on the injection site, and the patient needs to spend the next 4 hours at rest, but vertically (sitting).
Muscle relaxation begins gradually. The result will be clearly visible as early as 7-9 days after the procedure. Namely:
- the skin will become more elastic;
- existing wrinkles will disappear completely or become smaller;
- the face will look younger and calmer;
- the process of formation of new mimic wrinkles will stop.
Due to minimal skin trauma, low cost (compared to other procedures), high safety and the result obtained, Dysport injections are becoming increasingly popular. But they definitely need to be done only in a specialized salon or medical center by a doctor who has received a certificate from the manufacturer. If you make an injection without observing the technology, the possibility of developing side effects increases.