Cosmetology is improving and developing rapidly. Every day, new methods of rejuvenation, healing and improvement of the skin appear on the market. BB Glow, developed by South Korean cosmetologists, is no exception. This minimally invasive procedure can relieve the patient of visible skin problems and replace the foundation that is familiar to many for a whole year.
BB Glow – what is this procedure?
The technique was quickly won over the hearts of Asian girls. The technology has recently entered Russia and therefore many women began to wonder what the BB Glow procedure is. Many confuse it with permanent makeup, but in fact it has nothing to do with it. Here, work is carried out with the upper layers of the skin, which peel off after a certain time.
BB Glow is a minimally invasive procedure in which serum is injected into the upper layers of the dermis. Thus, hyaluronic acid, a complex of vitamins and a coloring matter enter the skin. After the introduction of the drug, the skin becomes smoother, the pores narrow, the complexion evens out, and the dermis receives maximum hydration. Among other things, fine wrinkles are smoothed out, acne marks become less noticeable, and the face acquires a healthier and fresher look.
BB Glow for face
Facial microneedling helps to overcome the following non-ideal skin manifestations:
- freckles and pigmentation;
- traces of acne and pimples (acne, post-acne, scars, spots);
- relieves uneven, unhealthy complexion and removes bruises under the eyes;
- helps to remove light mimic wrinkles and other manifestations of insufficient skin hydration.
After the procedure, the face looks rejuvenated and moisturized. If you need a wow effect, it is recommended to go through several sessions and combine them with fractional mesotherapy. The second is able to act on the deeper layers of the epidermis and thus, you can get rid of deeper mimic wrinkles. If you apply only the BB Glow procedure, then it is possible to get rid of superficial wrinkles and look younger by 10-15 years.
BB Glow for lips
The microneedling procedure extends to the lips and is called the Meso Glow Lip Treatment. In the people Kissum is called “the effect of kissed lips”. There are 4 shades on the market: red, pink, scarlet and dark red. The procedure is carried out with the help of dermapen and helps to moisturize the delicate skin of the lips as much as possible. In addition, thanks to microneedling, the lips are tinted and look like someone just kissed the hostess. To obtain a visible effect, it is enough to undergo the procedure once, but experts recommend doing 2-3 courses with an interval of several weeks.
BB Glow – apparatus
BB Glow Treatment is carried out using a special device – DermaPen. The device looks like a pen, at the end of which there is a replaceable cartridge with a set of miniature needles. Dermapen makes from 30 to 120 punctures per second, which allows you to conduct a session quickly and painlessly. The penetration depth is from 0.25 to 2 mm. The device is convenient and easy to use. Dermapen is designed in such a way that it penetrates even difficult areas: the wings of the nose and nasolabial folds. The manufacturer gives a guarantee for the device for 1 year, which is also a significant plus.
BB Glow Treatment – which cartridges are suitable for whom?
Since the foundation is injected into the skin for a year with a special device called dermapen, cartridges are needed that contain serum. They are steel plates, which are studded with microneedles protruding 0.1 mm above the surface. Cartridges come in different sizes, configurations and colors. There are screw models and threaded models. Only a competent cosmetologist can choose the right one for each patient directly.
There are many types of cartridges:
- with one needle;
- with a flat line of 7 needles;
- with a bunch of 5 needles;
- with narrowly concentrated needles and so on.
Microneedling – contraindications
Cream for a year – the procedure is simply amazing, but it cannot be used if there are the following pathologies:
- the presence of skin diseases of any etiology;
- allergy to one or more components of the drug;
- skin rash or irritation.
If there are single inflamed pimples on the skin, the beautician can perform the procedure without affecting the areas of irritation. But to achieve the ideal effect is possible only when the skin is in a calm state, without any inflammatory processes. BB Glow (foundation for a year) can be done to pregnant women and during lactation. The components are injected into the upper layers of the skin and do not enter the bloodstream, so the manipulation is considered harmless.
How is BB Glow Treatment done?
The effect of foundation for a year is achieved according to the following scheme:
- Before starting the procedure, the specialist carefully cleanses every millimeter of the patient’s skin.
- Next, the master directly begins to inject the drug using a special device (dermapen).
- Serum is introduced in stages into the upper layer of the skin. The procedure feels like a vibration massage.
- The effect of foundation for 1 year, the procedure of which does not cause pain, is perfect even for women with very sensitive skin.
BB Glow Treatment – care after the procedure
A question from women who want to experience BB Glow Treatment for themselves – how to care after the procedure. There will be no major changes in daily care. The skin will not look reddened and will not require an indoor recovery period. Immediately after the cosmetic manipulation, you can appear in public, and no one will even notice that a couple of hours before, you were at the beautician’s appointment.
But no matter how gentle the procedure, it is still necessary to follow a few rules in the first days:
- The first day you can not wash with anything but water. Ideally, the face should not come into contact with the liquid unless absolutely necessary.
- Within 24 hours, you can not apply cream, cosmetics, and even wash your face with soap.
- In the first 3 hours after the procedure, you can not be in the open sun and visit the solarium.
- After applying BB Glow, you will need to apply daily sunscreen with an SPF factor of at least 30 on your face. This is the only way to avoid uneven tanning.
Subject to all the rules after performing the manipulation, you can see the desired result. This is what the face looks like with BB Glow – before and after, the photos confirm the visible improvement in the appearance of the skin.
BB Glow – harm
The effect of foundation for 1 year is really amazing. However, here, too, their pitfalls are hidden, which cosmetologists do not talk about. It is difficult to say whether the procedure will benefit or harm, because each organism can react to certain manipulations in different ways. For someone, the method will bring the desired even complexion without consequences, but for someone it can be the starting point for a long rehabilitation and skin problems.
What harm can the procedure cause:
- the implanted pigment can cause an allergic reaction after the introduction;
- as harm, there may be an uneven distribution of color in the dermis;
- injection sites may become scarred and look completely unsightly.
BB Glow can lead to pigmentation if the epidermis sloughs off. Whether the pigment injected into the dermis is toxic is unknown, therefore, after manipulation, the appearance of neoplasms is not excluded. Cosmetologists say that the procedure is harmless, but it is impossible to predict the reaction by 100%. To do or not, everyone will decide for himself, but the main thing is to check the presence / absence of allergies in advance and trust a real professional.