A wen on the eye is not uncommon, but, unfortunately, not every one of us makes the right decision about this medical problem. It is generally accepted that a small wen is just a cosmetic defect that you can defeat on your own. In fact, this misconception causes many dangerous situations that threaten health.
Why do wen often appear before our eyes?
Many are interested in how to remove a wen on the eyelid of the eye, while almost no one asks about the causes of this phenomenon. If we knew that we were putting our health at risk, we could have avoided a visit to the surgeon in the future. Of course, prevention does not always give a result, but it is necessary to know the provoking factors:
- obesity, constant overeating;
- alcoholism and unhealthy lifestyle;
- violation of metabolic processes due to diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- violations of the excretory system, kidneys and liver;
- hormonal changes in the body;
- hereditary predisposition;
- violations of the embryonic development of certain adipose tissues.
If the last two points cannot be influenced in any way, then the remaining factors can be completely eliminated by leading a healthy, active lifestyle and monitoring nutrition. On a hormonal background, diabetes mellitus and other diseases develop, which are also associated with the appearance of lipomas – this is what doctors call wen.
The causes of the appearance of wen around the eyes and on the eye do not differ from each other and coincide with those indicated in the list. Also, lipomas can appear on the neck, head and other parts of the body, but this happens less often, since the skin there is thicker, and therefore the processes proceed less quickly.
Treatment of a wen on the eye is a sensitive and serious process, therefore it is better to prevent the appearance of a lipoma itself, to monitor the general state of your health.
Features of the treatment of a wen on the eyelid of the eye
Treatment with folk remedies will not be able to defeat a wen on the eye, like any other. There are no substances in nature that, when applied externally, can stop the mutation of fat cells and cure lipoma. Whatever ointments and compresses you use, all they can give is a temporary reduction in pain and a decrease in swelling. But the main rule is that the wen cannot be heated, this can lead to its breakthrough and blood poisoning. It is believed that some medications, when injected into the body of a lipoma, can lead to its gradual resorption, however, this procedure is possible only if the size of the neoplasm is small, and it is located at a significant distance from the eyeball.
The only true way of treatment is to remove the wen on the eye surgically. To date, this procedure can be carried out in a classical way, or using a laser. The latter option is preferable, as it is minimally invasive and leaves almost no scars and scars. However, before the procedure, it is necessary to pass a number of tests:
- Track how the wen affects vision, whether it interferes with the structure of the eye and whether it has disturbed the processes of corneal metabolism.
- Take a blood test for pituitary, adrenal and thyroid hormones, if there is a suspicion of the hormonal origin of the wen. If diabetes is suspected, blood glucose levels are monitored in several stages.
- An ultrasound examination of the thyroid gland, liver and kidneys, as well as an analysis for the presence of viruses and antibodies to viruses in the blood, may be prescribed.
- Previously, histological tests were widely used, but now they are trying to be carried out after the removal of the lipoma and its capsule, without resorting to a biopsy procedure. A puncture can provoke the growth of lipomosarcoma, into which wen often degenerate.