Nature provides for the gradual withering of older generations of any species, and man is no exception. People managed to significantly increase life expectancy, but it is extremely difficult to influence the aging process. To prolong youth a little, it is important to know why and how the body withers.
Causes of skin aging
The change in density, elasticity, shade and other criteria for the appearance of the dermis refers to natural biological processes. Depending on the factors that cause these problems, there are the following types of skin aging:
- Chronological. It happens gradually, in several stages, all people are subject to it.
- Photoaging. Associated with external conditions, it can and should be prevented.
- Early. Pathological process caused mainly by internal diseases.
Youth and freshness are ensured by special highly specialized lipids. Any type of aging is associated with a change in their concentration in skin cells. With age, the amount of proteins involved in the formation of elastin and collagen fibers decreases significantly. Because of this, all types of aging become noticeable, but especially chronological. The skin becomes thinner, loses moisture, its tone worsens, wrinkles appear. This is a natural physiological process associated with the general withering of the body.
Photoaging of the skin
The sun’s rays in moderation have a positive effect on the body, stimulate the production of essential hormones and vitamin D. An excess of ultraviolet radiation is detrimental, it causes rapid fading of the skin even at a young age. Due to its impact, the surface layers of the epidermis thicken, blood circulation worsens in small vessels and the flow of oxygen to the tissues decreases, elastin fibers are destroyed.
Early skin aging
Sometimes signs of wilting appear in young people, especially women. In some cases, age-related types of aging occur, which is considered a pathology. Early loss of firmness, density and elasticity by the dermis signals serious internal disorders. These may be temporary problems that can be corrected with adequate treatment, or chronic diseases. Causes that often provoke premature skin aging:
- early menopause;
- critical hormonal imbalance;
- oncological diseases.
There are other factors that contribute to wilting. They are easy to eliminate and restore the normal condition of the skin of any type. External causes of aging:
- improper care;
- avoiding the regular use of sunscreen;
- too low fluid intake;
- unbalanced diet;
- sleep deficit;
- bad habits, especially smoking;
- lack of physical activity.
Types of facial aging and their characteristics
For rejuvenation to be effective, it is important to first conduct a competent diagnosis. There are separate types of facial skin aging, and their characteristics determine the cosmetic approach and the choice of means to restore turgor and elasticity of the dermis. Wilting patterns depend on several criteria, most of which correspond to genetic factors:
- oily skin;
- the structure of the bones of the face;
- muscle tone;
- thickness and volume of adipose tissue;
- condition and number of teeth;
- body type.
Tired type of aging
The most common type, characteristic of owners of normal and combination skin. The tired type of facial aging perfectly characterizes its name. The person does not look middle-aged, it just creates the feeling that he does not get enough sleep, is overtired, is too nervous. Peculiarities:
- dull skin color;
- deepening of the nasolabial fold;
- the formation of the nasolacrimal groove;
- circles under the eyes;
- flattening of the cheekbones;
- the formation of labiomental wrinkles;
- drooping corners of the mouth;
If other types of aging clearly indicate age-related changes, then with a tired version, facial features do not undergo pronounced deformation, and there are almost no mimic wrinkles. This is confirmed by the examples shown in the photo above. The advantage of this type of aging is that the skin quickly “responds” to properly selected procedures and care:
Deformation type of aging
The variant under consideration occurs mainly in overweight people with an excess layer of subcutaneous adipose tissue. The deformation type of facial aging is the most pronounced:
- overhanging of the upper eyelids;
- flabbiness and porosity of the skin;
- the presence of a second chin;
- bags under the eyes;
- folds on the neck;
- significant deformation of facial features;
- fuzzy oval;
Other types of aging are easier to correct, the deformed look is the most difficult to rejuvenate. The cosmetologist will develop an individual comprehensive approach aimed at reducing puffiness, redistributing volumes on the face, and tightening the skin:
- drainage procedures (massage and hardware techniques);
- the introduction of fillers;
- lipolytic injections;
- thread lifting;
- laser resurfacing.
Muscular type of aging
A very favorable option, which is rarely found among the Slavs. The muscular type of aging is characteristic of Asian appearance. There is little subcutaneous fat, swelling and wrinkles are almost absent, the oval remains clear. The muscular type of facial aging is often described as youthful. Developed voluminous muscles prevent the gravitational descent of the skin, so withering is not too noticeable “to deep gray hairs.” Peculiarities:
- omission of the corners of the lips;
- overhanging of the upper eyelid;
- bone contours in the forehead and temples;
- sharp nasolabial folds;
- puppet wrinkles.
Correction of this type of aging is considered the simplest. It is necessary to fill in the missing volumes and refresh the contours of the face, soften them a little, eliminate skin hyperpigmentation:
- ultrasonic procedures;
- medium and deep peels;
- laser resurfacing;
- the introduction of fillers.
Fine wrinkled type of aging
The oval of the face with the presented variant does not “float”, tissue ptosis is also absent. The contours almost do not change, they remain clear and pronounced, there is little or no swelling. Fine-wrinkled type of skin aging is characterized by its thinning, with age it becomes like crumpled parchment. The main problem is dryness and the formation of numerous folds. Especially quickly they occur in the area between the eyebrows, around the eyes and lips.
The presented view is not similar to the previously indicated types of facial aging, therefore, the approach to rejuvenation is different:
- botulinum toxin injections;
- medium peels;
- laser resurfacing;
- procedures for hydration and nutrition;
- ultrasonic lifting.
Combined type of aging
A “pure” form of change in the structure and appearance of the dermis is extremely rare; in most people, skin aging occurs in a mixed way. Combined options are more difficult to correct, an integrated approach is needed, an individual selection of cosmetic effects and hardware manipulations for specific tasks. Mixed type of aging is the most common among Slavic women; experienced cosmetologists can cope with it even in advanced cases.
The methods used are aimed at reducing swelling, reducing the volume of subcutaneous fat, filling voids and deep folds with fillers, lifting:
- injections of hyaluronic acid and botulinum toxin;
- vacuum therapy;
- chemical peels;
- laser processing;
- microcurrent drainage;
- manual massage and other techniques.
What to do at the first signs of aging?
Most problems are easier to solve in advance rather than as they come up. Professional dermatologists advise not to wait until the withering of the skin of the face becomes apparent, but to provide the dermis with high-quality care even before significant changes and deformations occur. To choose the right procedures and cosmetics, it is important to perform a thorough diagnosis.
How to determine the type of facial aging?
It is optimal if a dermatologist or cosmetologist finds out the specified characteristic. An experienced specialist even visually distinguishes the types of facial aging. At home, you can also make a quick diagnosis. The result will be less accurate, but it will allow you to understand which direction of rejuvenation will work. First you need to identify all types of facial aging in women:
- MM – small wrinkles;
- U – fatigue;
- M – muscles;
- D – deformation.
After that, you need to count the number of each letter, and find out which one prevails. If there is no obvious “leader”, the types of skin aging are combined. In such cases, wilting is considered combined and involves complex treatment. Criteria:
- Skin around the eyes. There is swelling, density – D. Capillaries are visible, the epidermis is thin – U. The tissue is raised, there are circles under the eyes – MM. Mesh “crow’s feet” – M.
- Skin type. Oily – D. Combi – U. Moisture deficiency – MM. Norma – M.
- Problematic. Acne, rashes, comedones and “black spots” – D. No defects – U. Freckles – MM. Pigment spots – M.
- Sensitivity. In summer, excess greasiness, shine – D. In the heat, fat content is observed in patches – U. Irritation, peeling in the cold – MM. Normal sensitivity – M.
- Tone. You need to put your finger on the corner of your lips. If the skin is loose, like a cotton ball – D. Has a low density – U. Elastic, but thin – MM. Dense and elastic – M.
How to slow down skin aging?
Progressive cosmetology and plastic surgery help to cope with most manifestations of age, but the main task is to prevent their occurrence. Top tips for slowing down aging:
- Balance the diet, enrich it with B vitamins, amino acids and trace elements.
- Drink enough liquid for your weight.
- Make time for gymnastics and breathing practices.
- Always use products with SPF, it is desirable to purchase decorative products from similar series.
- Choose the right hygienic cosmetics and high-quality home care, including anti-aging items.
- Get enough sleep, it is advisable to plan a night’s rest no later than 22.00.
- Visit a beautician regularly.
- Regularly do self-massage.