Proper skin care around the eyes requires not only high-quality cosmetics, but also regularity. If you allocate time for procedures from case to case, there will be no good effect. Cosmetics are selected according to age, for the best result it is recommended to use massagers.
Features of skin care around the eyes
Beauticians note that skin care around the eyes is required from the age of 18, and if a girl has vision problems, then even earlier. After all, trying to consider something, myopic people constantly squint, which contributes to the rapid development of wrinkles. Active facial expressions, blinking, thin hydrolipidic mantle are also the cause of early “crow’s feet”.
Characteristic features of the skin around the eyes:
- thin, dry, without subcutaneous fat and sebaceous glands, which greatly reduces the amount of collagen;
- very sensitive, immediately reacts to irritation;
- passes the sun’s rays, which dehydrate the tissue.
Rules for skin care around the eyes
Practice confirms that the later a woman starts caring for the skin around her eyes, the more difficult it is to correct the situation and achieve a positive effect. The abuse of cosmetics in the eye area also worsens the condition of the epidermis. Therefore, in addition to the use of creams and gels, cosmetologists advise wiping problem areas with ice cubes, preferably made from herbal decoctions.
Tips for taking care of the skin around the eyes:
- Carry out procedures regularly.
- Use different compositions, taking into account the type of skin.
- Wear sunglasses to avoid squinting in the sun and reduce eye strain.
- Apply creams and gels correctly.
- Give preference to moisturizing masks.
- Rarely use peels and scrubs.
- Make compresses from tonics and cosmetic oils.
Daily eye makeup
A strong load that the skin around the eyes feels every day is given by shadows, powder, foundation and other makeup products. Therefore, you need to choose high-quality cosmetics and be sure to remove its remnants in the evening. The procedure should include cleansing, active moisturizing and nutrition of the dermis, which is provided by cosmetic milk, tonics and creams.
For the skin around the eyes, foundation creams play an important role, they are selected, taking into account the type of facial skin:
- for dry – with components of essential oils or moisturizers;
- for oily – with a dense texture and absorbents;
- for normal – Hydrating and sun protection.
What cosmetics to choose for makeup?
The best cosmetics for the eyelids – advice from cosmetologists:
- Micellar water Bioderma Sensibio. Removes even stubborn makeup, cleanses the skin well.
- Concealer High Precision Retouch. Lightweight formula that adapts to the desired skin tone.
- Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. Resistant, does not overload the dermis.
- Shiseido matting wipes. Qualitatively remove the remnants of cosmetics, absorb fat, providing care for the skin around the eyes.
Removing eye makeup
Even with minimal makeup, it is necessary to cleanse the skin every evening to remove oil and dust; tonics do this job well. It is recommended to wipe the dermis around the eyes with this liquid and after washing with soap or gel, so as not to leave a thin film on the face after them. It is advisable to choose plant-based makeup removers.
What eye makeup removers do you need in your arsenal:
- Cleansing milk. Gently removes make-up while moisturizing tissues. It is recommended to choose products without alcohol in the composition, it dries the skin very much.
- Cleansing oil. Recommended for too dry skin, gives double moisturizing, removes stubborn makeup.
- Micellar water. Removes make-up and immediately tones, prepares the skin for applying the cream.
- Gels. They perfectly cleanse the dermis, but also dry it, so after washing you need to apply a nourishing cream.
Skin care products around the eyes
Proper care for dry skin around the eyes involves a complex of different procedures and products. If you have to solve several problems at once, for example, remove dark circles and restore dry dermis, it is better to seek advice from a cosmetologist. You can not stretch the skin and apply the cream close to the ciliary zone, you need to move from the inner corner of the eye to the outer.
What means provides complex care for the skin around the eyes:
- patch masks – nourish with useful substances;
- creams – restore dry tissues;
- natural oils – relieve swelling, moisturize;
- gels – relieve flabbiness;
- moisturizing cream for the skin around the eyes – helps the muscles relax, relieves dryness and irritation.
Cream for skin care around the eyes
Before applying the cream for the skin around the eyes, you need to gently clean the dermis, do not rub with a sponge. The product is applied to a swab, applied to the face and held for several minutes. It is not necessary to buy products of famous brands, you can choose a good, budget option. For dry skin under the eyes, cosmetologists advise taking creams based on omega acids and peptides.
How to choose a cream according to age:
- at 18-25 years old – moisturizing cosmetics, preferably with hyaluronic acid;
- at 25-30 years old – creams with vitamin C and polyferols;
- at 30-45 years and older – anti-aging eye cream, which contains antioxidants and vitamins.
The best cream for the skin around the eyes, you can choose from this list:
- Natura Siberica;
- Lumene Vitamin C+;
- Shiseido Benefiance Nutriperfect.
Gel for the skin around the eyes
Competent care of the skin around the eyes after 30 years requires the observance of simple rules. Before going to bed, the dermis needs to be moistened with a gel or cream, which is especially important in hot weather. Means should include vitamins A, C, E, the most effective of the nutritional compositions are avocado and shea butter. You need to wash your face with cool water, use cubes of herbal decoctions, and make restorative masks.
It is recommended to use special gels, the most popular are:
- Anti-wrinkle gel around the eyes DNC. A couple of minutes after drying, it creates an invisible film that removes swelling and smoothes wrinkles. Contains hyaluronic acid, wheat, corn, oat proteins, carrot and orange seed extracts.
- Lifting gel from wrinkles around the eyes L’Action Lifting Eye Gel. Contains hyaluronic acid, soy protein, castor oil. Protects the skin from wind and sun, prevents wrinkles, tightens, removes dark circles.
Serum for the skin around the eyes
Another is the need for skin care around the eyes after 40 years, when it becomes drier and thinner, wrinkles deepen, and swelling appears. To get rid of such manifestations, nourish the cells and strengthen the capillaries, cosmetologists recommend products based on castor or jajoba oils, green tea, aloe, solutions with vitamin E.
It is worth buying a serum for the skin around the eyes, the British call it “serum”. This is a milk concentrate with vitamins, potassium and calcium, it also includes enhancers – specialized catalysts that help the product penetrate deeper into the skin. Apply 1-2 drops per eyelid, more may clog pores.
Professionals recommend products:
- Pharma Correcteur;
- Prevage ;
- Caviar Platinum Anti-Age.
Patches for the skin around the eyes
In case you have an important meeting coming up and you want to look great, there is such a novelty as patches. Women have already dubbed them beauty patches and are willing to use them not only for festive occasions. There are different types of products, you need to buy, taking into account not only the age and type of skin, but also the problem that needs to be solved.
Recommendations for choosing patches:
- Tissue with arnica, vitamin C, licorice, arbutin, nettle help to remove circles under the eyes, improve blood circulation;
- Hydrogel patches for the skin around the eyes are used to remove swelling, restore water balance, they consist of water-soluble polymers, extracts, oils and acids.
- Patches with panthenol, oils and vitamins treat damaged skin.
- New products with vitamin E, antioxidants, hyaluronic acid remove wrinkles under the eyes.
- Patches with plantain, aloe, chamomile relieve irritation.
- Patches with peptides rejuvenate the skin, restore its firmness and elasticity.
Oil for the skin around the eyes
Women over 45 are advised to use cosmetic oil for the eyelids to maintain skin tone. Cocoa pomace, wheat germ, peach, rose, and olive pomace are in demand. Due to the valuable composition, these mixtures nourish and smooth dry skin, make it supple and elastic.
Separately, it is worth considering the most effective oils:
- Castor. It is considered one of the heaviest mixtures, but it perfectly moisturizes the overdried dermis.
- Almond. Contains oleic and linoleic acids, promotes cell regeneration.
- Coconut. Record holder for fatty acids, creates an invisible, thin film, protecting tissues from the sun and drying out, but at the same time allows them to breathe.
Homemade masks for the skin around the eyes
A popular procedure for women for many years has been a mask for the skin around the eyes, the composition is selected, taking into account the impact: for rejuvenation, moisturizing, nutrition, and swelling. You can alternate masks, on average, 2-3 sessions per week are enough to quickly restore dry dermis. You need to keep the mask for 15-20 minutes, it is better not to spread it, but to apply it on a cotton pad and put it on the area around the eyes. After the procedure, moisturize with jojoba, olive, almond or sea buckthorn oil.
Aloe honey mask recipe
- aloe juice – 1 teaspoon;
- honey – 1 teaspoon.
- Aloe leaves hold for 10 days in the cold.
- Grind, squeeze juice, mix with honey.
- Distribute on cotton pads, apply to the skin around the eyes.
- After half an hour, remove the mass, wash, lubricate the skin with cream.
Skin care around the eyes – massagers
Beauticians advise smoothing the tissues around the eyes at least every day. It is more convenient to do this with a special roller or fingertips. Gymnastics for the face helps to tighten the epidermis; for aging skin, such exercises are necessary daily. Anti-aging skin care around the eyes can be supplemented with cosmetic massage, massagers do an excellent job with this task.
Thanks to these devices, beneficial substances penetrate deeper into the dermis, increase its tone, smooth out wrinkles, actively remove toxins, and stimulate collagen production. The massager is able to disperse not only blood, but also lymph, tighten muscles. It is worth paying attention to the models:
- Massage glasses SYK-017. Adjustable to head size, battery operated, easy to use. Set up for Thai massage techniques.
- Wireless Eye massager Fitstudio. There is a choice of modes, with the help of a strap it is adjusted to the size of the head. Improves blood circulation, enhances metabolism in tissues.
- Yamaguchi Axiom Eye vibrating massager. Equipped with fabric and silicone inserts for a snug fit, there are soft probes that create the right pressure. Not only restores the skin around the eyes, but also helps improve vision.