Not always people turn to plastic surgery because of the rejection of their body. Often the reason for the operation are medical indications or age-related problems. Specialists of the Novoclinic Center for Aesthetic Surgery spoke about the most common operations and cases of their application.
The most popular surgeries performed by plastic surgeons are blepharoplasty and rhinoplasty.
Blepharoplasty is an operation on the lower and upper eyelids, which helps to cope with problems such as:
- bags and dark circles under the eyes;
- saggy eyelid;
- lowered corners of the eyes (age).
Most of the described problems appear with age, respectively, and the operation is most often done by men and women aged 35 to 55 years. But sometimes, due to anatomical features, the operation is also indicated for younger people.
The operation lasts 20-30 minutes and is done under local anesthesia or under general anesthesia, if the patient so desires.
Rhinoplasty is an operation to improve the shape of the nose, correct problems with the nasal septum, or correct the nose after an injury. Aesthetic problems that can be solved with this operation:
- hump removal;
- changing the size of the nose (can be made both shorter and longer);
- reduction of nostril openings;
- correction of a thickened or forked tip of the nose;
- “eagle’s beak”;
- elimination of problems of disproportion of the size of the nose with other parts of the face.
- curved septum;
- congenital pathology of the respiratory tract, which prevents normal breathing;
- nose injury, due to which the respiratory function is impaired or aesthetic problems arise (curvature, the appearance of a hump).
The operation is performed under general anesthesia, as there are many nerve endings in the nose area and any intervention in this area causes discomfort and pain. The operation can be performed at any age, but if there are no medical indications, then doctors recommend correcting the shape of the nose no earlier than 18 years old (the age when bones are still being formed) and no later than 45 years old, since at a later age the operation can have negative consequences and complications .
Preparing for the operation
Before the operation, the patient undergoes a complete examination. Receives a consultation with an anesthesiologist, as well as a preliminary image of the final result, performed on a computer. Although doctors warn: a person is a living organism, so the image may differ slightly. As a rule, an error of 30-40% is allowed.