In cosmetology, olive oil for the body has been used for hundreds of years, it was highly appreciated by Hippocrates, and in the ancient world it was called the gift of the gods. The Phoenicians were the first to bring an outlandish product to Ancient Greece, and soon such oil was considered the best reward for the winners of the Olympic Games. This mixture helps to maintain youth, restores the skin, nails, hair due to hydration and cell renewal.
What are the benefits of olive oil for skin?
The features of this product were studied by scientists from many countries and came to the conclusion that the benefits of olive oil for the skin are enormous. One gram is enough to increase the vital activity of body cells by 20%. This effect is given by components, the mixture consists of 70% monounsaturated fats, which are complemented by a powerful antioxidant tocopherol.
The ancient Greeks called this mixture liquid gold, and later the valuable properties of olive oil for the skin were repeatedly confirmed:
How to choose olive oil for cosmetic purposes?
To get the desired effect, you need to know which olive oil is best suited for procedures. There are many manufacturers of this product, but not only the method of pressing is important, but also the quality. You need to pay attention to the packaging, products suitable for cosmetic procedures are sold in dark bottles so that fatty acids do not oxidize from sunlight.
You can choose high-quality olive oil for the skin by the following features:
- A fresh product has a sediment at the bottom, the mixture is almost opaque and viscous.
- Acidity should not exceed 1%, this is an indicator of oleic acid.
- The pomace of the olive retains a slight bitter taste, and the color is yellow-green.
- If the package says “mix”, then the product contains impurities of other oils.
What is the best olive oil for the body?
Experts note that the best product is produced in Italy; this olive oil for the body is ideal for procedures. Even if you just lubricate the skin twice a day, the effect will be noticeable and tangible. You can not heat the mixture, it immediately loses all valuable qualities. There are several types of oils, all of which are suitable for use in cooking, but not in cosmetology.
There are several types of olive oil:
- Natural. If there is a “virgine” mark, you can safely buy, such a composition is formed by cold pressing, retains all the useful qualities.
- Refined. There are much fewer valuable elements after cleaning, but you can use them for masks and scrubs.
- Oilcake. The label says “pomace”, a culinary-only product, as the mixture is chemically and thermally processed.
Is it possible to smear the body with expired olive oil?
Many women wonder if it is possible to smear the body with olive oil if it has expired. Such a mixture loses color, smell and aroma along with valuable substances, it is not suitable for procedures, so when buying, you need to carefully study the packaging. It is also important to consider that the oil can deteriorate if stored improperly, you need to keep it cool, away from the sun’s rays. And so that it does not oxidize when opened, tightly twist the bottle.
Olive oil for body skin – application
High-quality olive oil is valuable for the body in that it is suitable for any type of skin, it is considered hypoallergenic, of contraindications – only individual intolerance. Cosmetologists also note such an important property of the mixture as the ability to cleanse the dermis of impurities without clogging the pores.
In modern cosmetology, olive oil has received a very wide application for the body:
- Relaxing baths. Relieve fatigue, open pores, tighten the skin. Enough 3-5 tbsp. bath spoons.
- Massages. Perfectly softens the muscles, soothes, makes the dermis silky.
- Baths for nails. Strengthens nail plates, treats delamination. The easiest way is to oil your hands at night and wear cotton gloves to sleep.
- Treatment of corns. A mixture of 2 tbsp will help soften the skin. tablespoons of oil, 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of aloe juice.
- Hair restoration. The oil relieves excess dryness or oiliness, split ends, dandruff and seborrhea.
- Blitz masks. Used after a shower, olive oil for the body additionally saturates the dry dermis with moisture. The oil is combined with honey, rubbed on the skin and after 5-10 minutes. wash off.
Olive oil for body massage
Historians claim that even in ancient Egypt, beauties were rubbed with oils to preserve their beauty. Olive oil is ideal for body skin during massages, it helps to warm up muscles, restores tissues, and due to rapid absorption, it saturates the dermis with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
Which essential oils are combined with basic olive oil, and why add them:
- lavender – to relieve stress;
- peppermint – to stimulate intellectual activity;
- patchouli, ylang-ylang, bergamot – for sexual activity.
Benefits of using olive oil for body massage:
- improves the protection of the dermis;
- enhances the production of histamine, useful for muscle tissue;
- removes toxins from the epidermis;
- regulates the work of the sebaceous glands;
- removes dead cells;
- heals cracks;
- maintains water balance in tissues;
- reduces stretch marks, eliminates cellulite;
- relieves pain in osteochondrosis, salt deposition;
- soothes and relaxes.
Body scrub with olive oil
The best tonic and cleanser is a scrub with olive oil and coffee, the mixture removes pollution well, strengthens and tightens the skin, copes with stretch marks and cellulite, tightens pores, makes the dermis velvety. You need to use only natural coffee, instant coffee is not good.
Scrub recipe with coffee and olive oil
- coffee grounds – 1 tbsp. a spoon;
- olive oil – 2 tbsp. spoons;
- honey – 1 teaspoon.
- Brew coffee, squeeze the thick.
- Mix with oil and honey.
- Apply to skin, rub lightly.
- Wash off after 10 min. cool water.
Body masks with olive oil
There are many options for how to use olive oil for the body, masks occupy a special place. They are made taking into account the type of skin, for dry and sensitive oil is combined with vitamin E, for oily – cosmetic clay is added. To tighten the skin and remove cellulite, dilute with mustard. Before use, you need to test the composition to exclude intolerance or allergies.
Recipe for a body mask with olive oil for cellulite
- olive oil – 2 tbsp. spoons;
- dry mustard – 1 tbsp. a spoon;
- mint essential oil – 3 drops.
- Take a bath, steam the skin.
- Mix oil and mustard into a bowl.
- Add essential oil.
- Apply to skin, hold for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with water, lubricate the skin with cream.
Olive oil wraps
Olive oil is effective for the body and in body wraps, they are recommended by cosmetologists to get rid of cellulite. The procedures help to reduce the volume of the buttocks and waist, increase muscle tone, relieve nervous tension, remove excess fluid from the tissues. It can not be used during menstruation, during pregnancy, breastfeeding, hypertension, female diseases, varicose veins, problems with the heart and blood vessels will also be an obstacle.
Recipe for anti-cellulite body wrap with olive oil
- olive oil – 1 tbsp.;
- sea salt – 1 tbsp.;
- water – 1 tbsp.;
- essential orange oil – 10 drops.
- Dissolve salt in hot water.
- Add oils, stir.
- Rub the steamed skin with a washcloth.
- Apply the prepared mixture.
- Wrap with cling film and a towel, cover warmly.
- Wash off with water after half an hour.
- The course is designed for a month, 1-2 procedures per week.
Body cream with olive oil
In order for body care to give the expected effect, you need to choose the right creams and scrubs. It is recommended to use olive oil instead of body cream when the skin is too dry, especially on a sea holiday, with frequent exposure to the sun. It is more convenient to prepare a product on this oil that will tighten and moisturize the tissues.
Olive Oil Anti Aging Cream Recipe
- olive oil – 1 tbsp. a spoon;
- jojoba oil – 1 tbsp. a spoon;
- grated wax – 1 teaspoon;
- borax – 2-3 crystals;
- water – 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Melt the wax in the bath.
- Mix with oils, cool slightly.
- Dissolve borax in water.
- Combine ingredients, beat until creamy.
- Keep cold.