Tanning oil is used to get a quick, even and deep tan. It is known that sunbathing is easy, until recently, it was possible only for those lucky women whose body easily perceives a tan from nature. But modern technology works wonders, and today there are oils on the market designed for fair, tan-resistant skin.
How does suntan oil work?
All women, with the advent of summer, dream of having a beautiful, even tan. For these purposes, tanning oil was invented. By rubbing the oil into your skin, you absorb ultraviolet rays, in simple words, you collect them on your skin. The oil creates an invisible film on the body that shines and helps the sun’s rays to better dissipate. Thus, the entire skin receives a sufficient amount of ultraviolet radiation, and the tan lies evenly and beautifully.
After sun oil is a completely different product that is designed to moisturize and soothe the skin after sun exposure. Such a tool does not help to get the desired effect in the form of an enhanced tan, but it can positively affect the silkiness of the skin and prevent irritation.
Tanning oil in the solarium
Coconut tanning oil is a great choice. It is natural and nourishes the skin with moisture for a long time. You can use this oil in hair masks and in everyday skin care. It is suitable for absolutely everyone, because it has a completely organic composition. Coconut oil is widely used for tanning in a tanning bed, but it is far from the only product that does its job well.
To get a tan in a solarium, a whole series of oils is used and you can choose what you like:
- sea buckthorn;
- cacao butter.
These oils are base oils, they are mixed with essential oils for a double effect, but you need to be careful with the latter. Essential oils are unpredictable and can lead to allergic reactions and burns. An excellent assistant in getting the perfect tan can be an extract from plant products, they protect the skin and retain moisture in it for a long time. Extracts can be used
- prickly pear seeds.
To get a dark, chocolate tan, it is better to use:
Carrot tanning oil, along with essentials of bergamot, lime and turmeric, gives you a stunning skin tone that can only be obtained by spending days relaxing on the beach.
Sun tanning oils
Sun tanning body oil is used to achieve an even shade. Without the use of oil, ultraviolet rays will not be able to scatter over the entire skin and will be focused on a certain place, the tan will not be even, and the mood will be spoiled. The application of oil solves many problems – it creates a film on the skin, protecting it from ultraviolet radiation.
If you are looking for tanning oil for a long period, then you should pay attention to essential products with high protective properties:
- rose flower;
How to choose tanning oil?
Oils have their own gradation depending on the degree of protection, which is determined by the SPF factor. The smallest SPF is 2 (base natural oils) and the highest SPF is 50 (created for people with very fair skin). Also, when choosing a tanning oil, you should take into account your personal phototype in terms of skin tone, eyes and hair. Only the right product on all counts will help you get the desired tan and minimally injure the skin.
Which oils are better to choose according to your personal phototype:
- Celtic. Owners of this phototype instantly burn in the sun. They have very fair skin, often covered in freckles, light eyes and hair. It is recommended to purchase oils with an SPF of at least 50.
- European or Nordic. Representatives of this phototype are a little more fortunate, they burn in the sun a little less than the first. It is dominated by light blond shades of hair, fair skin and hazel eyes. The SPF factor for such women should be at least 40.
- Mixed or Central European. Ladies with a similar phototype rarely burn, and the tan on their skin looks great, as it lays down. Representatives have a peach skin tone, have brown or light brown hair. SPF not less than 30.
- Southern European or Mediterranean type. The tan here lays down evenly, it is almost impossible to burn. The skin has an olive tint, the eyes and hair are dark. Face tanning oil can be selected with a factor in the region of 15-20.
- Middle Eastern or Indonesian. The tan goes on evenly, but it is not really needed, because the skin already has a bronze tint. Freckles are absent, hair and eyes are dark. The SPF factor is selected no more than 20, and 10 can be used if desired.
- African. It doesn’t make any sense to burn. The skin is dark, characteristic of the Negroid race. Sun protection is not needed, so base oils and oils not exceeding SPF-10 can be used.
What is the best tanning oil?
The best tanning oil, everyone determines for himself, but we have compiled a list of distinguished brands. Rating of the best:
- L’Oreal Paris Sublime Sun Dry Oil with SPF 30. Able to help in obtaining an even tan and radiant, healthy skin. Dry spray in a package of 150 ml. It contains the invention of L’Oreal – Mexoryl LX – oil-soluble SPF filters.
- Anthelios XL by La Roche-Posay. The same oil that every girl with pale skin should have. SPF 50 protects the skin from harmful effects and burns. The manufacturer claims that the product contains thermal water of natural origin with a high content of selenium, patented by the brand. The product has a pleasant smell, perfectly moisturizes the skin and can be safely used for oily problematic skin.
- Ambre Solaire by Garnier. Budget product with SPF15. The oil is convenient to use because it has a dispenser. As an additional ingredient, the manufacturer indicated shea butter (shea butter), which can soften the skin and prevent irritation on it. The composition contains vitamin E, which improves tissue regeneration and reduces skin flaking. The product has a pleasant oriental scent.
- Huile Solaire by Biotherm. French product with SPF 30. The representative declares with confidence that the tanning oil perfectly nourishes the skin, protects it from excessive UV exposure and evens out the tan without overdrying.
Oil for intense tanning
Tanning spray oil is widely used and quickly disappears from store shelves. Such products help women get the effect of a quick, beautiful and even tan. However, products that guarantee a quick tan are often just as quickly washed off along with the tan. Therefore, as an assistant, you need to choose a quality product that will help you tan beautifully, evenly and does not injure the skin.
- Nivea Sun Care Oil.
- Benefice Soleil Anti-Ageing Protective Oil SPF 15 for body and hair.
- Dior Bronze Beautifying Protective Oil Sublime Glow SPF 15.
SPF tanning oil is a great choice for those who want to get an intense tan without harming their skin. Such oils perfectly protect against UVB rays, which provoke burns and redness on the skin. UVA radiation does not touch the skin, thanks to the oil, there will be no age spots and photoaging. Among other things, oils with SPF nourish the skin and provoke an increased production of melanin, which is responsible for pigment absorption. Sunscreen oils for tanning, it is recommended to apply 15-20 minutes before sunbathing.
From the best:
- Vichy Ideal Soleil.
- Clarins SPF 30.
- Lancaster Sun Care SPF 10.
How to use tanning oil?
All consumers at least once wondered how to apply tanning oil.
- It is best to rub the oil before going to the beach.
- It should be applied to damp skin, rubbing the consistency evenly with gentle circular movements.
- Do not forget about the protruding parts of the body – the nose and ears.
- After taking a shower, the oil should be applied to the skin for a moisturizing and softening effect, especially if you arrived in sea water.