Makeup removal is an important part of facial care. Makeup remover is essential for this procedure. If it is incorrectly selected, it is unlikely that it will be possible to preserve the beauty and health of the skin. Even at a young age, serious problems can appear.
How can you remove makeup?
There are two types of products that are used when performing such a cosmetic procedure:
- cleaners, after the application of which no subsequent washing is required;
- products designed to remove makeup with water.
The first group includes cosmetic milk and cream. They have a dense oily texture, so they cleanse the skin and nourish it at the same time. In addition, make-up remover wipes can be attributed to this group of products. They are a convenient solution when traveling or on vacation. However, these wipes often contain alcohol, so it is not recommended to use them constantly.
Funds belonging to the second group have a light texture. They foam well and are able to remove even the most persistent makeup at home. These include the following cosmetic products:
How can you remove eye makeup?
The skin of the eyelids is very thin and delicate. To cleanse it from makeup, products should be used, on the packaging of which it is written “for the eyes (for eyes)”. For owners of sensitive skin, special attention should be paid to the composition of the product. There should be no fragrances and essential oils. Most often, lotions are used to remove makeup from the eyes. It is better to purchase two-phase products, which include a cleaner and skin softening oil. Such lotions are able to remove waterproof mascara and eyeliner.
To remove eye makeup, follow these steps:
- Soak cotton pads in the wash.
- Put the sponges over your eyes and press lightly.
- Leave them for a minute.
- Gently cleanse the skin of cosmetics. Movements should be light and gentle. In no case should you stretch the skin or rub it!
How can you remove makeup from your face?
The range of washes is very large. Their choice must be meaningful. It is important to find “your” remedy. Cosmetologists and dermatologists believe that makeup can be removed in a universal way. It is most likely suitable for any type of skin. This demo looks like this:
- Washing gel or foam is applied to the skin.
- Rinse your face with water at a comfortable temperature.
- With gentle soaking movements with a towel, the remaining moisture is removed.
- The skin is cleansed with micellar water. This product will remove make-up residue and moisturize the face. It is hypoallergenic, so it is suitable for those with sensitive skin types.
How to choose a makeup remover?
The modern market of cosmetic products offers a lot of washes to the attention of buyers. They differ among themselves in cost, composition, aroma. However, there is another important feature to consider when deciding which makeup remover is best. This is a type of cover. If you neglect this factor, you can cause serious harm to the face.
Makeup remover for dry skin
When choosing a wash, you need to carefully study the composition painted on the package. Make-up remover should never contain alkaline components and alcohol. Ingredients like this make things worse. As a result, the skin will become tighter and wrinkles more pronounced. Ideally, a makeup remover should contain moisturizing extracts and oils.
The best option for owners of dry and irritated skin types will be cosmetic cream and milk. Between themselves, such products differ in the concentration of fatty components. Both milk and cream perfectly wash off makeup. They act very gently and do not require subsequent washing. An added bonus – these washes nourish the epidermis of the face and moisturize it.
Makeup remover for oily skin
It is better to refuse cosmetic milk and cream, because they will only clog pores and worsen the condition of the epidermis. When deciding how to wash off cosmetics, owners of oily skin should give preference to products that remove not only makeup, but sebum. Washing gels and foams do this better. They have a delicate texture. The composition of such washes contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory components.
Cosmetologists recommend using special sponges for daily cleansing of oily skin. They have an exfoliating effect (remove dead particles from the surface of the epidermis). In addition, these sponges perfectly cleanse the pores. Additionally, when caring for oily skin types, a tonic with a matting effect can be used. It will remove unhealthy shine and prepare the face for subsequent cosmetic procedures.
Makeup remover for problem skin
Unhealthy complexion, pigmentation, spider veins, comedones, acne – these are the troubles that owners of this type of epidermis face. Problematic skin is very capricious and requires special care, so choosing how to wash off makeup, it is important not to make a mistake. Micellar water can be a real lifesaver. It perfectly removes makeup and at the same time refreshes and tones the skin. An additional plus of this product is that it fights inflammation.
makeup remover rating
A lot of washes are presented to the attention of buyers. It is difficult to say for sure which is the best makeup remover, because many factors need to be taken into account (skin type, its additional problems, and so on).
The following products are in high demand:
- Cleansing oil for washing L’Occitane “Shea”.
- Refreshing mousse Nivea.
- Whitening mousse Natura Siberica.
- Energie de Vie The Cleansing Oil, Lancôme.
- Take The Day Off Cleansing Oil, Clinique.
- Foam for washing Clinique Anti-Blemish.
- Micellar water Garnier “Clean skin”.
DIY makeup remover
Homemade products are considered a great alternative to purchased washes. In its manufacture, natural ingredients are used. There are no harmful synthetic additives. However, a homemade makeup remover should be made with the needs of the skin in mind. In addition, it should not include natural ingredients that provoke an allergic reaction.
Makeup remover for dry skin
- rose water – 100 ml;
- dry milk – 15 g;
- almond oil – 4 teaspoons;
- honey – 1 tbsp. a spoon;
- avocado oil – 4 teaspoons.
- Heat rose water in a water bath to 35°C.
- Dissolve milk powder and honey in it.
- Enriched with oils.
- Pour the milk into a glass container. Store the product in the refrigerator.
- Shake the container vigorously before using the cleaner. The product is applied with a cotton pad, after the procedure, its remnants from the surface of the face are removed with a dry cloth.
Mint lotion for oily skin
- water – 250 ml;
- tincture of virgin hazel – 50 ml;
- dry mint leaves – 25 g.
- Raw materials are poured with water, brought to a boil and boiled for a quarter of an hour over low heat.
- The broth is cooled, filtered and enriched with tincture. The finished product is stored in the refrigerator.
- Wash your face with lotion twice a day.