Women always strive to improve something in themselves, mainly in adulthood. Changing the shape and volume of the lips is one of the most requested procedures, especially with the advent of fashion for sensual and plump lips. This goal can be achieved by surgical and less radical methods.
Lip plastic without surgery
Not everyone is ready to meet with a scalpel for the sake of beauty, so most women prefer minimally invasive facial correction techniques. Lip augmentation without surgery is carried out using two main techniques – contouring and lipofilling. They are similar in the way they are performed and the effect they produce, but differ in terms of the sustainability of the results.
A gentle, affordable and popular method that women love because of its simplicity and safety. Such plastic surgery of the lips is the introduction of fillers (fillers) under the skin using microscopic injections. Substances that are biologically compatible with the tissues of the human body are used as enlarging materials. The most famous and sought after in beauty salons is lip contour correction with hyaluronic acid, but there are other fillers:
- polylactic acid;
- sodium hyaluronate;
- calcium hydroxyapatite.
Depending on the individual characteristics of metabolism and the selected filler, the plastic effect lasts from six months to 2 years, after which the filler will need to be reintroduced. Quality injectables:
- Gleeton 4;
- Radies and others.
The described technology also applies to injection techniques, but the “raw material” for additional volume is your own fat. With the help of lipofilling, plastic surgery of the lower lip and upper lip is performed in parallel, or only one zone is corrected. Adipose tissue is removed through liposuction, the fence is made from the subcutaneous tissue of the abdomen or inner thighs.
The material is thoroughly cleaned in a centrifuge and brought to a semi-liquid state. The prepared fat is injected with a syringe drip, which ensures its uniform distribution. The presented plastic surgery of the lips rarely requires correction. The need for re-introduction of the filler occurs only with an intensive metabolism in the body, when the fat is almost completely dissolved.
Cheiloplasty – types
Radical ways to improve the shape and increase the size of the mouth are classified according to the purpose of the operation, the type and location of the incision. Lip plastic surgery (cheiloplasty) exists in the following variations:
- VY is a simple manipulation during which incisions are made in the shape of the letter V. They stretch in an upward direction, due to which the surface of the mouth increases. Y-shaped incisions are sutured to maintain the resulting shape. Plastic surgery of the upper lip by the considered method involves 2 dissections, the lower one – one.
- Paris – improved VY-procedure. In this case, the surgeon individually chooses where the incisions will be, based on the available indicators and the wishes of the patient.
- Bulhorn (bull horn) – plastic surgery of the upper lip only. The skin is dissected at the base of the nose and pulled up, the extra millimeters are simply removed. As a result, the upper lip rises and becomes slightly larger. It looks as natural as possible after complete healing.
- Corner lift – plastic surgery of both lips, aimed at eliminating the lowered corners of the mouth. The lips do not increase in size, but their shape and overall appearance become more attractive.
- DAO resection – a more effective option for raising the corners of the mouth , since during the operation the muscle that holds them in a certain position is cut. Such plastic surgery can be combined with the bullhorn technique and contour correction.
- Reduction – an intervention designed to reduce the size of the lips and fine “polishing” of their outlines.
Cheiloplasty – indications
Women turn to the surgeon more often of their own free will, and not because of real problems or pathologies. In simple cases, cheiloplasty gives the most aesthetic results, the before and after photos below confirm this. The lips acquire a beautiful, “chiseled” shape, seductive volume, but look natural, without protruding forward, as after contour injections.
There are situations when lip correction is prescribed, medical indications:
- deformation of the mouth after injuries, burns and other mechanical damage;
- congenital anomalies;
- lip asymmetry;
- drooping corners of the mouth;
- age-related changes;
Cheiloplasty – contraindications
Before performing the operation, a woman undergoes a mandatory examination and passes laboratory tests. This is necessary to check the presence of contraindications, in which surgical plastic surgery of the lips is excluded:
- severe infections;
- oncological pathologies;
- inflammatory skin lesions;
- mental disorders;
- blood clotting disorders;
How is lip plastic surgery done?
The technique of carrying out depends on the chosen technique and the goals of manipulation. After the examination, the doctor re-specifies the wishes of the patient, explains to her the essence of the procedure and the expected results, introduces the risks. Mostly under local anesthesia, lip plastic surgery is performed, an operation with general anesthesia is not advisable, but sometimes it is prescribed, for example, if a woman is worried. The duration of the surgical intervention is from 40 minutes to 2 hours. Primary rehabilitation takes no more than a week, final healing will take several months.
Lip plastic surgery – consequences
A professionally performed operation and strict adherence to the recommendations of the surgeon eliminates the occurrence of complications. High-quality cheiloplasty has harmless consequences – small hematomas and short-term swelling of the lips, as can be seen in the photo below. With an incorrectly selected technique or inaccurate intervention, neglecting the advice of a doctor, complications can be deplorable:
- damage to the facial nerve;
- generalized inflammation;
- lip asymmetry;
- the formation of rough scars;
- excessive enlargement of the mouth;
- vascular embolism.