Over the past few years, lip augmentation with hyaluronic acid has been in great demand. Here a huge contribution was made by the founders of fashion, who dictate their own rules. According to these postulates, lips should be plump, sensual and sexy. It is not difficult to achieve such a result, because injection cosmetology comes to the rescue.
How to increase lips with hyaluronic acid?
The substance used for such a procedure is an important component of the body. Hyaluronic acid is produced by connective tissues. This component has one valuable feature: it is able to attract and hold water molecules that are 1000 times larger than their own. This property has found its application in cosmetology, including lip augmentation.
Such a miracle procedure is available to every person who has crossed the 17-year milestone. The only exceptions are those persons for whom injections of hyaluronic acid into the lips are contraindicated. However, there are those who cannot do without such a procedure:
- owners of lowered corners of the mouth;
- with disproportionately narrow lips relative to other parts of the face;
- those with an asymmetrical mouth;
- if there are scars or scars.
Hyaluronic acid for lips – preparations
All gels used for injections can be conditionally divided into the following two groups:
- “Temporary” drugs – they are absorbed and excreted by the body 10-12 months after administration. These gels are made from natural ingredients.
- “Permanent” drugs – when using them, the lips are enlarged with hyaluronic acid and synthetic additives, for example, silicones. Such gels are able to remain under the skin for five years or more. Many patients prefer these drugs, but cosmetologists do not share this view. These gels, due to the presence of synthetic components in their composition, often give severe complications.
In most cases, specialists use such hyaluronic acid for lips:
- American-made Juvederm product;
- Restylane Lipp – a drug used to slightly enlarge the lips and adjust their contour;
- Surgiderm containing matrix molecules;
- Restylane – a drug for a serious transformation;
- Surgilips is a tool that is used to solve minor problems.
Lip augmentation procedure with hyaluronic acid
Before miracle injections, you need to go through a little preparation. To do this, it is necessary to conduct an allergotest, which allows you to identify the body’s reaction to the administered drug. In addition, the day before, you should drink a course of medicines to prevent the occurrence of herpes. More often, Dicinon or Acyclovir is prescribed for this. The whole procedure does not take long.
The technique of lip augmentation with hyaluronic acid looks like this:
- The master treats the area where injections will be performed with an anesthetic gel, cream or other freezing agent.
- When the lips become numb, the specialist proceeds with the procedure. The duration of the manipulation depends on the chosen technique.
- Injections are accompanied by a light massage, which allows you to evenly distribute the drug.
- An ice compress is applied to the treated area, after which the master gives recommendations on subsequent care.
Lip augmentation with hyaluronic acid is performed by the following techniques:
Each such technique involves injection into different parts of the lips. For this reason, the master must first-class master the skills of the procedure. In addition, it is important to correctly calculate the amount of the administered drug. Only a specialist can do this. When the dosage is exceeded, “balls” are formed in the tissue cells, which is why the mouth takes on a caricature appearance.
What to do after lip augmentation with hyaluronic acid?
During the rehabilitation period, the list of restrictions is huge and varied. At the initial stage, swelling and inflammation are observed. A week later, the situation improves. However, here’s what you can not do after lip augmentation with hyaluronic acid:
- Touch your hands to your mouth, even if you really want to check if everything is in order.
- It is expressed to articulate, as well as to speak a lot and loudly. During this period, it is quite possible to get by with a slight smile, negative or approving head movements.
- Go in for active sports, visit spa treatments, solarium and sauna. Thermal exposure and ultraviolet light will negatively affect the structure of hyaluronate.
- Eat spicy and hot foods. In addition, during the first week, you need to give up fruits, vegetables and other foods that require careful chewing.
- Drink alcohol and hot drinks.
- Smoking – pipes, hookah and even electronic cigarettes are prohibited.
- Allow chapping of the lips and use decorative cosmetics. You need to brush your teeth very carefully, trying not to touch your mouth.
- Passionate kissing, as this can provoke a redistribution of the injected substance.
Lip augmentation with hyaluronic acid – care
To avoid complications, you must strictly follow the recommendations of the master. Lip care after hyaluronic acid augmentation is as follows:
- Use ointments, gels and antiseptics prescribed by a specialist.
- Take prescribed antiallergic drugs.
- Do a light massage.
Lip augmentation with hyaluronic acid – recommendations
After the procedure, you need to use the ointments and gels prescribed by the master. Here’s how to smear lips after an increase in hyaluronic acid:
Lip massage after hyaluronic acid augmentation
Care after the procedure should be special. On the one hand, the lips must be protected, and on the other hand, they need external influence. Thanks to the massage, blood circulation in the tissues improves. As a result, the volume of the lips increases and the likelihood of negative consequences decreases. In this case, edema after lip augmentation with hyaluronic acid occurs less frequently.
Massage should be carried out twice a day: in the morning and in the evening. His technique is:
- The procedure is performed with the reverse side of the toothbrush.
- Movement should be light (from the corners of the mouth to the center).
- At the end of the procedure, the treated surface is covered with a moisturizer.
Hyaluronic acid injections – pros and cons
This technique has its advantages and disadvantages. The first features include:
- the procedure is painless (it is performed after anesthesia);
- the effect is noticeable immediately after injections, and lip augmentation with hyaluronic acid before and after the photos demonstrate this;
- recovery is fast (it lasts from several days to a week).
Hyaluronic acid injections have the following disadvantages:
- have contraindications;
- bruises after lip augmentation with hyaluronic acid are observed for some time;
- subsequent corrections are required to maintain the desired shape.
How long does lip augmentation with hyaluronic acid last?
It is not worth counting on the fact that the effect after the first injection will last for a long time. Lip augmentation with hyaluronic acid is accompanied by periodic corrections. The dissolution of drugs occurs gradually. Since the body does not perceive hyaluronic acid as a foreign substance, subsequent injections are normally tolerated. For this reason, the master may recommend a second procedure a year after the first.
Lip augmentation with hyaluronic acid – contraindications
This procedure is in high demand. However, there are a number of circumstances when it will have to be abandoned. Hyaluronic acid injections are contraindicated as follows:
- childhood and adolescence;
- pregnancy (at any time) and lactation;
- pathology of the gastrointestinal tract and hormonal dysfunctions;
- an allergic reaction to one of the components of the drug used;
- infectious diseases of the skin;
- deviations in the work of the nervous system.
Lip augmentation with hyaluronic acid – consequences
Proper care will minimize the occurrence of complications. The increase in the shape and volume of the lips with hyaluronic acid is an invasive intervention, so there is a risk that the wounds will heal for a long time. In addition, the following complications may arise:
- Lumps appear after lip augmentation with hyaluronic acid. Such “tubercles” may be normal, which will resolve on their own. Often, lumps are a sign of an overdose of the drug. To eliminate such a consequence, hyaluronidase injections are carried out.
- Asymmetry of the lips – in order to make sure that there is no such complication, the patient is scheduled to visit the master 2 weeks after the procedure. If necessary, he will finish the drug in thin areas.
- Lips hurt after an increase in hyaluronic acid, and this unpleasant sensation is accompanied by blanching of the skin. To prevent tissue necrosis, you will need the help of a cosmetologist.
- Lips swell – physiotherapy procedures will help get rid of such a problem.
- Hematomas – can occur both due to trauma to the vessel, and when it is squeezed by a clot of the injected gel. More often, after 1.5-2 weeks, this complication goes away on its own.