The dream of many women is “feet from the ears”, but how to realize it when nature has not rewarded with good proportions. You can lie on the surgeon’s table and correct the situation, becoming a couple of centimeters higher. And you can use tricks and tips that will make leg lengthening possible without surgery.
Can the legs be lengthened?
During childhood, a person’s bones grow continuously. The mechanical effect on them, on the cartilage, as well as the provocation of the production of growth hormone, can influence the length of the limbs. In adulthood, the process becomes more complicated. Leg lengthening methods can be divided into surgical and non-surgical. In the first case, we are talking about cosmetic orthopedics, when the patient’s lower leg or thigh is lengthened. Methods without surgical intervention involve special exercises that allow you to change the natural length.
How to lengthen legs without surgery?
Lengthening (even a little) the legs is a difficult task. In an attempt to deceive nature, people use traditional medicine recipes. But decoctions of herbs, compresses, conspiracies and other methods cannot bring results. You can compensate for the missing centimeters with the help of heels, but the effect will be only visual. There are several effective ways to lengthen your legs:
- exercises on an inversion table with bone stretching;
- wearing special (inversion) boots;
- special exercises with weights;
- wall training;
- exercises aimed at stretching the femoral and calf muscles (running, swings.);
- stretching (twine).
How to lengthen your legs – exercises
Physical activity helps keep the body in shape and visually make the legs longer. But special workouts allow you to stretch some muscle groups and turn an optical illusion into reality. To achieve the result, practice such exercises for lengthening the legs, such as:
- Walking on toes. The back should be straight, the shoulders should be straightened, the leg lift should be maximum. You need to practice daily for 15-20 minutes a day.
- Front leg swings. Hands are extended forward, they should be kept parallel to the floor and try to alternately reach the opposite arm with a straightened leg. The toe is pulled out. Do 3-4 reps with both legs.
- Back and side swings. Holding on to the back of the chair, you need to slowly take your leg back and lift it up as high as possible. Hold on, slowly lower. Repeat with the other leg.
- Charging on the gymnastic wall (or horizontal bar). Hanging on the top bar, you need to stay on it for as long as possible. Tilts are made on the lower ones: one leg is placed on the crossbar, and the other is tilted. The knee cannot be bent.
- Leg-split – transverse or longitudinal – a type of exercise that is effective for those who do not know how to lengthen their legs at home. Training will have to be carried out every day and always with a warm-up workout.
Leg Extension Machine
There are simple devices, along with which they practice leg lengthening without surgery. For example, weighting agents worn on each limb are sports equipment with which daily exercises are carried out, or special simulators that keep the body position upside down. Examples of exercises with them:
- Sit on a chair with a high seat, legs (with weights) should not touch the floor. The weight is initially small, but it is felt. You need to stretch your legs, hang in this position for 8-10 minutes, and then remove the load and give relaxation to the muscles – chat with your legs.
- Take an upside down position on the inversion table, hanging on the simulator using the mount. The joints are stretched, the bones too. The first workout should not last more than 5 minutes. Subsequently, you can not spend on the table for more than half an hour.
How to visually lengthen the legs?
Not everyone has the strength and patience to do special exercises every day, the purpose of which is to lengthen the legs. It is not necessary to exhaust yourself with loads to look beautiful. You can visually look taller simply by correcting your posture – straightening your back, pulling in your stomach, straightening your shoulders. There are other ways to visually lengthen the legs. It is important to choose the right clothes and shoes that slim and visually add a couple of centimeters.
How to lengthen legs with clothes?
Poorly chosen clothes change the proportions of the figure and visually spoil it, and the right wardrobe changes for the better. Many are interested in the question of how to lengthen the legs with clothes? Some practical advice will help with this.
- High-waisted skirts and trousers visually lengthen the legs at the top.
- The vertical accent in clothes – lines, seams, folds – give the impression that the figure is longer than it is, like the legs.
- The contrast of colors – a bright top and a dark bottom – will make others concentrate on the top, and what is visually seen below is longer.
- A single shade of all garments, shoes and accessories creates a single line, as if lengthening the legs.
Knowing how to visually lengthen the legs with the help of clothes, we must not forget about the prohibitions:
- Jeans and trousers with fraying, lapels, low rises, shiny tights and patterns on the lower body, loose tops should be avoided.
- Skirts below the knee are an unconditional taboo, they shorten the legs. You can only wear them with the right shoes.
What shoes lengthen the legs?
Known fact: heels make you look taller and slimmer. Therefore, if you need shoes that lengthen your legs visually, these are shoes with heels. It can be of any length, as long as it is comfortable. But even with heels, it is not recommended to wear ankle boots that “cut” the legs, and shoes with ankle straps (the effect is the same). Whether it be boots, shoes or any other footwear, the winning option would be if they have:
- pointed toe;
- open top (you can not completely close your fingers);
- V-shaped cutout at the ankles of the boots.
leg lengthening surgery
With the help of surgical intervention, it is possible to eliminate lameness, curvature, to equalize the nature of different leg lengths. But medicine has stepped far forward and cosmetic orthopedics does not surprise anyone. If a person wants to lengthen the legs, the operation is possible without any indication. The intervention is aimed at a specific segment of the bone – the lower leg or thigh. The process in both cases is not fast and painful, after which you will have to go through a long course of rehabilitation.
Leg lengthening with the Ilizarov apparatus
A common way to lengthen the legs, which is practiced by orthopedic surgeons, is the Ilizarov method. This is the cheapest and simplest operation, the essence of which is as follows: a series of incisions are made on the patient’s skin, a part of the bone tissue is dissected and a special external fixation device is installed. It is held in place by wires passing through the bone, slowly stretching it. Fasteners must be tightened regularly, so most of the time a person is forced to spend in a hospital under the supervision of doctors. But in one manipulation, you can grow by 6-8 cm.
Surgical leg lengthening using the Precise Nail technique
It is not necessary to endure pain and discomfort in order to become a little taller. Precise Nail is the latest method developed in Israel and successfully practiced in this country. Surgical lengthening of the legs involves the introduction of an intramedullary magnetic telescopic rod into the bone. It helps to eliminate congenital defects of the lower extremities, in addition, the result is a real lengthening of the legs: before and after photos show the difference.
Leg lengthening with or without surgery is a complex process that requires material, temporary, physical investments. If surgery is planned, it is worth weighing the pros and cons several times before lying down on the operating table. Sometimes the situation is not so critical and you can resort to simple tips that will help you look taller with the right wardrobe.