Before choosing the best way to strengthen your nails, you should understand the features of each option. After all, brittle plates are the result of exposure not only to weather and household chemicals, chronic diseases can also become the cause. What procedures are best to start with, what to choose from the list in the salons – all the details require attention.
Thin fingernails – causes
The problem of how to strengthen nails has to be solved by women at different ages. It happens that fragility and fragility provoke genetic causes, because the body’s ability to produce keratin and sulfur comes from parents. Or an unsuccessful manicure, improper care, cheap varnishes, frequent use of detergents. A surge of such complaints begins in the cold, when the fingers suffer from temperature changes. But it is quite possible to solve the problem.
Other reasons for brittle nails:
- chronic ailments.
Can nails be strengthened?
Studying the problem, experts have developed more than one series of products that help cure weak and thin nails. But before using it is worth consulting to exclude chronic diseases. After all, such manifestations from the side of the nail plates can be an important signal that cannot be ignored.
From a series of tools, how to strengthen nails, are offered:
- creams, ointments and gels – nourish with useful substances;
- vitamins and minerals – in capsules, tablets, syrups;
- varnishes and oils – for protection and treatment at the same time.
Means for strengthening nails in a pharmacy
To choose the right nail strengthener, you need to establish the cause. In many cases, a complex of vitamins and protective creams is enough, therapeutic baths with iodine, sea salt or herbs accelerate recovery. In more complex cases, special ointments and gels are used to help normalize the nail plates.
Strengthening nail polish
In the list of popular remedies for strengthening thin nails, strengthening varnish is among the first, these mixtures do not mask, but remove damage. The impact can be complex or narrowly focused, depending on the composition. In parallel, such a varnish provides nourishment, moisture, protection from wind and frost.
There are such types of the drug:
- strengthening – used instead of a base, aligns nails and protects;
- for regeneration – contains ointments and vitamins;
- complex impact – contains trace elements that restore the nail plates, treat delamination and pigmentation;
- with calcium supplement – strengthen and protect against breakage;
- medical lacquer conditioner – makes nails stronger, moisturizes;
- antifungal – fights infection, the doctor selects the desired composition.
Tips on how to apply hardening varnish:
- Wash hands, dry, spread with cream.
- Spread varnish with a brush, dry.
- Apply a second coat of medium thickness.
- When dry, you can cover with decorative varnish on top.
Strengthening nail wax
If you resort to extensions and artificial nails too often, your natural ones begin to deplete. Strengthening wax will help relieve such stress and ensure recovery, this remedy is also effective if soft nails are the problem. The mixture includes provitamins, essential oils, bee glue and resins that penetrate deep into the nails and strengthen them from the inside, provide growth and natural shine.
When choosing how to strengthen nails, you should pay attention to the composition, and there are several of them:
- strengthening – create a protective film, wax is complemented by mineral and essential oils;
- stimulating – contain wax and essential oils;
- nutritious – include a complete set of vitamins, lavender oils, tea tree oils, patchouli or pine extract, which cope with infections.
Oil for strengthening nails
Another proven remedy for strengthening nails is medicated oils, the easiest option is to mix ordinary vegetable oil with liquid vitamin A or lemon juice, apple cider vinegar is also suitable. Add the mixture to the baths, hold your hands for about 10 minutes, the procedures are designed for two weeks. You can rub the oils into your fingers in their pure form, the therapeutic effect will be no less effective.
What oils are recommended for treatment:
- wild rose;
- on grape seeds;
- from wheat germ.
Recipe for strengthening brittle nails with oils
- avocado oil – 5 ml;
- castor oil – 5 ml;
- tea tree oil – 5 drops.
- Mix oils, heat a little for a couple
- Lower your fingers for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with water, grease with cream.
- Carry out the procedure 1 time in 2-3 days.
Folk remedies for strengthening nails
Folk remedies offer baths to strengthen nails, they are made on honey, fruits, herbs, with salt, iodine. To achieve the effect, it is necessary to carry out the procedures for at least 3 months, 2 sessions per week. The composition is selected taking into account the type of skin, you must first make sure that there is no allergy to each component. If there are scratches or wounds on the hands, salt baths should not be taken.
The correct water temperature is 37-38C, it will steam the skin, but will not kill all the beneficial substances in the components. What are the recommended nail baths:
- With sea salt. Dilute 1 tbsp. a spoonful of salt for 1 tbsp. warm water, add 2 drops of iodine. Hold hands for 20 minutes.
- with berries, only sour ones are needed – currants, cranberries. Grind into porridge, dip your fingers, hold for 20 minutes.
- With iodine, iodine for nails is useful in that it restores the plates and removes the infection. Mix 3 drops of the solution and 2 teaspoons of salt in a third of a glass of warm water, first dissolve the salt. You need to hold hands for 5-10 minutes.
- With chamomile. Brew 2 tbsp. tablespoons of dried flowers in a third of a glass of boiling water, insist 1 hour, then filter and dilute 3 tbsp. spoons of white wine. Lower your fingers for 20 minutes.
How to strengthen nails at home?
It is not necessary to immediately buy expensive creams and gels, you can try strengthening nails at home with improvised means. The simplest is lemon, it not only strengthens the plates, but also whitens, softens the cuticles. It is necessary to cut the fruit in half and immerse the nails in the pulp for 15 minutes. It is advisable to move your fingers so that the lemon starts juice. Then rub in the rest. The only negative is that it cannot be used if there are scratches or wounds.
Other ways to strengthen brittle nails at home:
- Potato bath. Hold your fingers in the potato broth for 10 minutes.
- Salt bath. Dilute 1 teaspoon of iodized or regular salt per 1 tbsp. water, lower your hands for 10 minutes, then grease with cream.
- Burdock oil or broccoli seed oil. Rub into nails, measuring 1-2 drops per finger.
- Beeswax. Melt for a couple, cool a little, hold until it hardens on the nails, then remove the “caps”.
- Castor oil. Mix 1 teaspoon with the contents of the Aevit capsule, smear your hands at night, put on thin gloves, rinse off in the morning.
What to do to strengthen nails?
Before undertaking procedures that guarantee the strengthening of nails, it is worth taking care of preventive measures. Start with a manicure set. Check if the scissors are sharpened, replace the nail files with glass or ceramic ones, buy nail polish removers and the lacquer itself is of high quality, without acetone.
What else can be done to strengthen nails:
- Choose a hand cream with keratin additives that strengthen the nail plates.
- Drink more fluids to stay hydrated.
- Use hardening varnishes.
- Eat protein foods, drink vitamins in courses.
- Reduce salt in meals, it leaches calcium.
What is the best way to strengthen nails?
Cosmetologists note that cuticle care also plays an important role, so when looking for a way to strengthen nails, this factor must also be taken into account. Nail plates do not respond well to temperature changes, so warm gloves are needed in cold weather, try to knead your fingers to disperse the blood.
Of the new products, polygel nail strengthening is in demand, this is a composition that combines gel polish and acrylic, the method is very reliable, the mixture keeps well on the nails. At the same time, it does not spoil the nail plates, does not spread, does not freeze, it is evenly distributed, it is convenient to apply it with a brush. In parallel, it is recommended to drink a course of vitamins so that the process goes on from the inside.
Other popular ways to strengthen nails:
Salon procedures for strengthening nails
If there is a problem, how to strengthen exfoliating nails, and there is not enough experience in this matter, at first it is worth contacting a beauty salon. The wizard will help you choose the right procedures that will help resolve the issue. Japanese manicure is very popular when nourishing scrubs and masks with oils are used, and a firming massage is done.
Other salon treatments that help strengthen nails include:
- paraffin therapy – penetrates deep into the skin and nails, moisturizes;
- biogel – contains natural, wood resin, creates a durable coating that protects against external damage;
- acrylates – fill the pores and irregularities in the nails, treat brittleness;
- acrylic Powder – the material is glued to the plate and impregnated with acrylic, creating a strong plate;
- nail sealing – includes a salt bath, polishing and rubbing in a vitamin cocktail with natural wax, the effect lasts 3 months;
- diathermy – warming up the hands, improves blood circulation.
Strengthening nails with gel
You can choose a procedure – strengthening nails with biogel, this is more an extension than a treatment, but it is also very effective. The efficiency lies in the fact that two-thirds of the biogel consists of proteins similar to those in the nails, therefore it not only corrects the nail plates, but also protects and nourishes them.
How to cover nails with biogel:
- Disinfect nails.
- Treat cuticles, degrease.
- Apply the preparation for modeling.
- Spread with gel, apply a protective cloth.
- Warm up 2-3 minutes. ultraviolet lamp.
- Form a nail model, remove the film.
- File, degrease, cover with a protective gel.
Strengthening nails with acrylic powder
Strengthening nails with acrylic powder for gel polish is gaining more and more popularity; an adhesive ultraviolet gel is taken under the base so that the coupling of the nail and artificial materials works. Although there is an opinion that acrylic is not very useful for nails, therefore, in order to block the harmful effects, it is mixed with gel.
How to strengthen nails with acrylic:
- Lubricate the nails with an antiseptic.
- Degrease, process with a soft file.
- Pick up tips, apply, grind.
- Cover with primer, wait 3 minutes until dry.
- Apply base gel from tips to center.
- Powder with acrylic powder, wait half a minute.
- Cover with a second layer of gel, not reaching the cuticle.
- Powder, dry with an ultraviolet lamp.
- Sand treated nails.
What to take to strengthen nails?
Cosmetologists advise taking vitamin complexes for greater efficiency, they promote healing and enhance the effectiveness of procedures. Take courses, from 2 weeks to a month, depending on the composition and condition of the nail plates. It is advisable to make sure that there are no allergies or individual intolerance to the components.
How to properly strengthen nails – recommended vitamin complexes:
- Vitrum Beauty.
Vitamins for strengthening nails
You can buy vitamins in ampoules, they are added to the composition of medical masks, taken separately, which also gives a good effect. If you take formed supplements, you need to pay attention to the composition, so that not only the necessary vitamins for nails are included, but also other substances useful for strengthening the plate.
What substances are valuable for the nail plate:
- retinol – makes nails smooth;
- B5 – improves growth;
- C – treats the fungus;
- E – nourishes and strengthens;
- iron – improves oxygen metabolism;
- calcium – restores nails;
- zinc – regulates protein synthesis;
- silicon – gives elasticity.
Products for strengthening nails
High-quality strengthening of natural nails depends not only on numerous procedures and vitamin supplements, but also on nutrition. In many cases, the right diet solves the problems of thin and fragile plates. The recommended products contain the same vitamins that are available in dietary supplements, and in terms of action they are no less effective.
What foods help restore nails:
- sesame – contains phosphorus, manganese, zinc, vitamins A, E, B;
- nettle – includes selenium, iron, copper, vitamins C, E, K, B;
- raspberries – a large amount of silicon;
- honey – a rich set of vitamins A, B, sulfur, calcium and magnesium;
- hard cheese – calcium, vitamins A and E;
- cod liver – rich in polyunsaturated acids;
- blueberries – a lot of zinc;
- pumpkin – a lot of vitamin B and calcium;
- bell pepper – ascorbic acid;
- sunflower oil – contains vitamin E;
- fish – includes potassium and phosphorus.