Rashes are a serious irritant and a cosmetic defect, so any person immediately has a desire to quickly get rid of them. The first idea is to pop the pimple, but often this solution only exacerbates the problem. Sometimes such actions lead to dangerous irreversible consequences.
Is it possible to pop pimples?
Most people will answer the question in the negative, dermatologists constantly warn about the dangers associated with the procedure.
There are several reasons why you shouldn’t pop pimples:
- the risk of sepsis, inflammation of the meninges;
- the spread of pathogenic bacteria to neighboring areas of healthy skin;
- the formation of pigment spots, scars.
All of these consequences are prevented if the procedure is performed correctly, but it is difficult to cope with this task at home. Dermatologists are especially categorical in the question of whether it is possible to squeeze acne on the face. In the region of the nasolabial triangle, there are blood vessels that supply oxygen to the brain. If an infection gets into them, an infection will occur, which is fraught not only with serious complications in the work of the central nervous system, but even with a fatal outcome.
What happens if you pop a pimple?
The dangerous consequences discussed above do not always occur, but self-removal of inflammatory elements never goes unnoticed.
What happens if you squeeze a pimple on your face:
- skin redness;
- often – microscopic hematomas, ruptures of closely spaced capillaries;
- the formation of scars or scars (post-acne);
- dark spots;
- increased rashes;
- subcutaneous inflammation.
How to squeeze a pimple to avoid these problems, a dermatologist or a certified cosmetologist knows for sure. If there is a need for mechanical cleaning, it is better to contact a professional. But there are contraindications for the procedure:
- sensitive skin;
- blood vessels close to the surface;
- tendency to allergies and the formation of keloids;
- acute inflammatory processes.
How to pop pimples properly?
If the consequences of home manipulations are not frightened, and it is decided to do the cleaning yourself, it is important to do it correctly. Otherwise, cosmetic and systemic complications cannot be avoided.
High-quality and safe removal of acne and blackheads involves:
- careful preparation before the procedure;
- correct technique (to squeeze out, not in);
- mandatory aftercare.
What is needed to remove a pimple?
You will have to prepare for the described procedure, as for a surgical operation.
It is necessary to prepare in advance:
- antiseptic solution;
- cotton pads and sticks;
- sterile wipes;
- medical gloves;
- a spoon of Uno (a tool for squeezing acne-comedones);
- thin needle;
- antibacterial ointment or cream.
Before popping a pimple, you should:
- Disinfect the instrument.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap.
- Clean and dry the treated area.
- Lightly steam the skin.
How to squeeze out a subcutaneous pimple?
Deep inflammation should be dealt with exclusively by a qualified specialist, dermatologist or cosmetologist. Removal of cystic acne with acute and extensive suppuration in the thickness of the skin is carried out by the surgeon. Any attempt to extract such elements on your own is very dangerous. Squeezing large pimples located deep under the skin is fraught with blood poisoning and inflammation of the meninges. Deaths have been reported following improperly performed home procedures.
Squeezing purulent pimples
If the defect has already matured, and a light or yellowish dense head is clearly visible on the surface of the epidermis, you can get rid of it yourself. Before squeezing a white pimple, you need to wipe it and the surrounding areas with an antiseptic. This will dry out the pus and facilitate its removal to the outside, preventing infection.
How to quickly squeeze out acne with a mature head (actions are performed with gloves):
- Disinfect the skin.
- Puncture the head with a disinfected needle parallel to the epidermis.
- Gently but sharply press on both sides of the pimple, squeeze it from the bottom up.
- When an ichorus comes out of the formed hole, finish the manipulation.
Squeezing blackheads and pimples
Closed and open comedones are hard plugs made up of hardened sebum and dead skin cells. They can be located on any part of the face and body, but are more common on the nose and chin. When asked whether it is necessary to squeeze out acne of this type, most cosmetologists will answer positively. There are no other ways to get rid of these defects, only mechanical cleaning helps.
How to squeeze a pimple on the nose, chin or other area correctly:
- Disinfect treated areas.
- Wipe the Uno spoon with an antiseptic.
- Position the tool so that the hole is located above the black dot or white tip of the comedone.
- Slowly press the spoon onto the skin.
- Remove the sebaceous plug with a sterile napkin.
What to do after popping a pimple?
When all the manipulations have been performed correctly, it is important to correctly complete the procedure. Cleaned skin should be wiped well with an antiseptic, deep holes can even be filled with hydrogen peroxide, or burned with a cotton swab soaked in a disinfectant solution.
If the pimple is reddened, swollen, it is advisable to apply an antibacterial ointment or cream on it. About 12 hours after removal, you can not sunbathe, use decorative cosmetics. In case of complications, you should immediately visit a dermatologist.