The female gaze is able to conquer and capture attention from the first seconds. For this reason, in most makeup options, the emphasis is on the eyes. It is important to know how to make up them correctly in order to emphasize the advantages and visually hide unfavorable anatomical features.
What do you need for eye makeup?
Stylists advise pre-equipping a cosmetic bag with a basic set, which includes:
- eyeshadow brushes, preferably in 2 sizes;
- false eyelashes (ribbons, bundles);
- eyeliner in a convenient form;
- mascara (preferably black);
- shimmer – optional.
Before you make up your eyes, it is recommended to apply a base under the shadows on the eyelids. In this area, many (about 80%) women have oily skin. As a result, cosmetics can crumble, roll into sloppy rollers and gather in folds. The base prevents such problems from occurring. Additionally, it prolongs the durability of the make-up (up to 16 hours) and enhances the pigmentation of the shadows.
How beautiful to make up the eyes at home?
A flawless make-up from glossy magazines, made by professionals, can be done on your own. Beautiful eye makeup must meet the following rules:
- Contrast with the color of the iris. If the shades of cosmetics match it, the look becomes dull, lost against the background of shadows.
- masking flaws. Make-up for narrow, deep-set eyes, impending eyelids and other defects is performed with certain features.
- Accent. Visage is designed to emphasize the look and focus attention on it.
- Persistence. Even the ideal ways to beautifully make up your eyes will not save you when using low-quality products.
- Harmony. Cosmetics should go well with the whole image – outfit and hair, the individual style of a woman.
How beautiful to make up the eyes with shadows?
There is a classic scheme on the basis of which most makeup options are made. The standard method for how to apply eye shadow is shown in the figure. The numbers indicate the degree of brightness of cosmetics:
- 1 – the lightest tone;
- 3 – shadows of medium saturation;
- 4 – more contrasting shade;
- 5 – the darkest shadows.
The intermediate tone (2) is obtained by mixing 1 and 3. In the process of their thorough shading, a smooth transition from light to dark is formed. If desired, you can add a separate 2nd color to the scheme, between 1 and 3. A simplified method of applying shadows involves the use of 3 shades – the lightest, medium saturation and dark.
How beautiful to make up the eyes with a pencil?
The specified type of cosmetics helps to emphasize the eyelash growth line, make them visually thicker. With a pencil, the section of the eyes stands out well, they can beautifully draw arrows and even use them instead of shadows using the shading technique. This product is available in 2 versions – with a retractable and stationary lead. The first type of pencils are softer, they are used more economically and shade well. The second type is more solid, it must be constantly undermined.
How to apply eyeliner is shown in the diagram below:
- Draw a neat, even line along the growth zone of the upper eyelashes, filling in the gaps between the hairs. It is better to use black or dark brown.
- With the same pencil, lightly emphasize the lower eyelid, starting from its middle.
- Finish the inner edge and outer corner in white.
How beautiful to apply eyeliner?
The described cosmetic product is necessary for drawing clear lines without shading, so it is used to create graphic arrows. Before you apply eyeliner, you need to draw them with shadows. If you apply the products in the wrong order, the lines will be faded or smudged. Eyeliners are available in different versions, women individually choose the most convenient types:
Given the characteristics of this product, it is often used when drawing arrows. The photo below shows how to beautifully make up your eyes with eyeliner:
- Draw a straight line along the eyelashes, preferably in one motion.
- Closer to the outer corner of the eye, slightly raise it up.
- Draw a line that continues the lower eyelid from the outside. Connect it to the top.
- Fill empty space arrows.
How beautiful to make up your eyes with mascara?
The final stage of makeup is one of the most important. If the eyelashes are dyed poorly, the entire makeup effect is lost. In some cases, mascara can serve as the only cosmetic product in a make-up, for example, beautiful eye makeup for large brown eyes with natural thick and curled eyelashes is sometimes done without eyeliner and shadows. Using the technique recommended by experienced stylists, it is easy to achieve the desired result with budget cosmetics.
The picture below shows how to properly apply mascara to your eyelashes:
- Paint over the upper hairs from the inside, moving from the eyeball to the tips. The brush should not only be directed outward, but also “walk” from side to side with a small amplitude.
- With soft twisting movements, make up the eyelashes from the outside.
- Draw the hairs in the outer corner of the eye separately. The mascara brush should be at an angle of 100-120 degrees to the line of the moving eyelid. The outer corner is stained only with its end.
How to make up your eyes?
With the help of competent makeup, you can visually smooth out many anatomical defects of the eyelids, including ptosis (drooping) and make the look deep and sensual. Ways to expressively make up the eyes depend on their cut, size and makeup goals. Any make-up should emphasize the shade of the iris and create a pronounced accent, draw attention to the look.
How to enlarge eyes with makeup?
There are a few basic tricks to get the desired result. Tips on how to make up your eyes to make them look bigger:
- Apply a light beige, milky or pink pencil to the entire water line of the lower eyelid.
- Decorate the inner corner of the eye with white shimmery shadows or a concealer with a radiance effect.
- The arrow along the lash line should be either as thin as possible or well shaded, with or without a short tail.
- Eyelashes are important to twist and work well with mascara. A pronounced increase is given by false hairs, tape or bundle.
Before you beautifully make up your eyes and make them visually larger, it is better to familiarize yourself with the work of professionals. The photographs below show the most successful examples of makeup from famous stylists collaborating with Hollywood stars. Most of the options are very simple, they can be repeated at home.
How to make up deep-set eyes?
Most women confuse the impending eyelid with the indicated feature of the look and apply the wrong make-up. It is important to use the correct methods, how you can make up your eyes and visually reduce the depth of their landing, push forward (examples are shown in the photo):
- Do not emphasize the natural crease between the mobile and fixed eyelids. Make the arrows neat and clear, without shading.
- Make out the upper eyelid with light, shimmering cosmetics.
- Eyelashes curl and color with mascara, giving volume. Attachments can be used if desired.
- Lighten the inner cavity near the nose with white shadows or concealer.
How to make up narrow eyes?
Women with an Asian eyelid tend to visually expand the incision vertically. Beautiful makeup for narrow eyes helps achieve this goal, but it is important not to overdo it by drawing unnatural lines. Successful evening make-up options for the described cases are smokey eyes in any shades. This type of make-up visually expands the section of the eyes, rounds them. Day makeup should be less saturated and bright. To create it, follow the following recommendations on how to beautifully make up narrow eyes:
- The upper arrow should not be too thin, medium and increased thickness, clarity and graphic lines are welcome.
- It is better to emphasize the lower eyelid with dark shadows or a soft pencil with a shading of 3-4 mm. This expands the boundaries of the eye.
- The upper eyelid up to the brow bone is covered with light shades. Dark color is superimposed only on the outer corner of the eye and above the natural crease.
- The longer and rounder the eyelashes, the wider and more open the look.
How to make up big eyes?
A large slit in the eyes does not always look beautiful. Excessively bulging and round eyes have to be visually made smaller and more proportional. Visage in this situation is radically opposite to the previous options. Makeup for big eyes is based on the following principles:
- Both the upper and lower arrows are drawn along the entire line of both eyelids, like a stroke
- It is important to use a dark soft pencil to blend the lines. Arrows should be thick and fuzzy.
- The mobile eyelid is completely covered with dark shadows or a color with medium pigmentation.
- The area under the eyebrow should remain clean.
- False eyelashes are not needed, lengthening mascara will suffice.
How to make up eyes with hanging eyelids?
The main task of this make-up is to emphasize and lift the natural crease. With such a feature of the eyelids, the standard methods of how to make up the arrows on the eyes will not work. In the case of a strong overhang, it is better to completely abandon them, emphasizing the lash line with a thin shading of dark shadows. Some useful tips on how to beautifully make up eyes with a “heavy” eyelid:
- Darken outer corners as much as possible. The area with the application of saturated cosmetics should be clearly visible with the eye open.
- With a wide eye shadow brush, apply a dark color to the crease of the moving eyelid and above it (0.5-1 cm).
- A light stripe should remain above the lash line. It can even be emphasized with a white pencil or shadows.
- It is important to carefully shade cosmetics, creating a haze effect, no sharp transitions are allowed.
- Gently highlight the inner corner of the eye, capturing a third of the moving eyelid.
- Slightly emphasize the growth line of the lower eyelashes, similarly shading the drawing.
- Curl and volumize eyelashes.
Beautiful eye makeup for every day
Make-up for work, study and other activities should not be too catchy and bright. Everyday eye makeup strives for naturalness, therefore, when performing it, professionals recommend using a restrained range of cosmetics:
- For gray and blue shades of the iris, you can use “cold” (silver, blue) and warm (beige, brown, pink) shadow colors.
- Daytime makeup for brown eyes is easier than others, any palette of cosmetics will do. For some women, it is enough to carefully make up the eyelashes and emphasize the line of their growth with eyeliner.
- Daytime makeup for green eyes looks beautiful with a combination of marsh and brown shades. The most discreet option is pastel shades of flesh tones.
Beautiful evening make-up
For special occasions, you need a rich and contrasting make-up with a pronounced emphasis on the eyes. To emphasize the color of the iris, it is important to choose the right shades:
- Evening makeup for blue eyes (and gray) looks beautiful when using turquoise, purple, bright blue and similar tones. You can invent bold combinations with gradient transitions.
- Evening makeup for brown eyes can be done with any eyeshadow palette. The main thing is that the main color does not coincide with the iris.
- Evening makeup for green eyes is recommended to be contrasted. Suitable red, orange, yellow shadows. Herbal, emerald colors look favorably with a dark iris.