Manual effects on the skin have proven effectiveness if the technique of the procedure is followed. Head massage is not only pleasant, but also useful manipulation. There are many options for its implementation, which use fingers or special auxiliary accessories.
What are the benefits of scalp massage?
The condition of the hair, their thickness and strength, appearance depend on the health of the bulbs and the local immunity of the epidermis. In order for the curls to be beautiful, voluminous and shiny, the roots must receive a sufficient amount of nutrients and oxygen, which are supplied with blood. Proper scalp massage is the only way to achieve this. Thanks to manual procedures, blood circulation is enhanced, which provides the bulbs and local microflora with vitamins, minerals and oxygen.
Does head massage help hair growth?
With many positive effects from the manipulation in question, it is important to understand that manual techniques do not affect natural biological processes in any way. Even if the massage for hair growth is performed correctly, for a long time and regularly, the length of the curls will increase by 1-1.5 cm (maximum) per month. This parameter cannot be increased by anything, including manual influences.
If the goal is not length but density, head massage for hair growth can help. Increased blood circulation stimulates the “sleeping” follicles and makes them become more active, but you should not expect a miracle either. The number of bulbs is an individual genetic feature that is formed even in the womb. If there are not too many, the strands will not become thicker due to massage. He is not able to add to increase the number of follicles, this is a constant indicator.
Does head massage help with hair loss?
Thinning curls always has internal causes, and often these are serious hormonal disorders. Massage for hair loss is not an effective method of dealing with any form of alopecia. It has no effect on the biological mechanisms that provoke pathology. To cure it, it is necessary to eliminate the factors that cause baldness. Head massage for hair loss can be included in a comprehensive treatment regimen at the stage of recovery. It will help strengthen the bulbs and normalize the blood circulation of the skin.
How to do head massage for hair growth?
It is optimal to visit a trichologist so that the specialist shows the correct technique of the manual procedure, or undergo a course of treatment. At home, regular scalp massage for hair growth can be done in several ways:
- terry towel;
- fingers, using sea salt and essential oils.
Massage the scalp with a comb
This is the easiest way to activate the blood circulation daily and improve the nutrition of the roots.
How to do:
1. Massage for hair growth can be performed at a convenient time, but the curls should be dry and the scalp clean.
2. With a comb made of wood, it is necessary to draw about 50-100 times through the strands in different directions:
- from the parting to the sides;
- from the back of the head to the temples and crown (in a circular motion);
- from forehead to neck.
3. During the massage, you should press a little on the skin so that there is a feeling of light warmth.
If there is no wooden comb, other accessory options will do:
- with natural bristles;
Massage the scalp with a towel
Another easy manual technique that will take 3-5 minutes. Such a head massage for hair growth at home is carried out 1 time in 2-3 days. All you need is a soft terry towel and hands. Strands and skin should be clean and dry.
The essence of the method:
- Place the towel on your head, as after washing it.
- Perform pressing chaotic movements with your hands, as if the hair is being wiped.
- The direction of the massage is from the forehead to the top of the head, from one temple to another and back.
- Finish the procedure by rubbing the back of the head.
- At the end of the manipulation, the skin should turn pink, there will be a feeling of warmth.
- Rest 10-15 minutes lying down.
Salt scalp massage
This method refers to local irritating effects, so it is recommended to practice it no more than 1 time per week. Head massage for hair growth is performed using coarse sea or fortified cosmetic salt. It not only enhances blood circulation, but also produces an antiseptic and antifungal effect, successfully eliminates dandruff.
How to do head massage for hair growth:
- Lightly moisturize the skin.
- Dividing the curls into partings, it is easy to rub the salt with your fingers for 8-10 minutes. During this time, you need to process the entire head.
- Direction – from the back of the head to the crown and temples.
- After the procedure, rinse the skin thoroughly with warm water.
- Apply a moisturizing balm to your hair.
Scalp massage with essential oils
The presented type of manipulation is done with the fingers, it can be done daily. Head massage to improve hair growth is carried out using the following essential oils:
Proper head massage for hair growth is done after washing, while the skin is still damp and warm:
- Moisten the fingertips with a few drops of essential oils or a mixture thereof.
- Lightly, but with pressure, massage the skin from the forehead to the temples, move to the crown, nape and base of the neck. The movements should be soft, but intense, so that you feel warm.
- In the area behind the ears, linger a little, pressing on the cranial fossae.
- Finish the massage by stroking the hair from roots to ends.
- Comb the curls with a soft natural brush.