Foot peeling is a popular procedure that is important both for their beauty and health. You can make it professionally in a beauty salon. However, using purchased masks and homemade scrubs, this procedure can be carried out at home.
Why do you need a foot peel?
Its term will help to understand the purpose of this procedure. From English, “peeling” literally translates as “exfoliation” or “cleansing”. This procedure involves grinding the stratum corneum of the epidermis and the subsequent removal of dead tissue. Foot peeling increases blood circulation, so that new cells appear faster. The effect of such a procedure is much better than after using a conventional pumice stone.
Foot peeling has the following advantages:
- skin is rejuvenated;
- her immunity improves;
- the appearance of an unpleasant odor is prevented;
- tissue regeneration begins to proceed faster;
- fungal infection is prevented;
- the aesthetic appearance is improved.
However, some people will still have to refuse this procedure. Peeling for women’s legs is contraindicated in the presence of the following problems:
- cracked heels;
- bites of mosquitoes and other insects;
- allergy to one of the components of the composition used during the procedure;
- scratches, wounds and other skin damage.
Types of foot peeling
There are various ways to get rid of a hardened crust. Peeling exfoliating for the legs is of the following types:
Acid peeling for feet
As the name implies, the products used during the procedure contain aggressive substances. The acids themselves are dangerous: they can cause severe chemical burns. However, in combination with other substances, they act much softer. For foot peeling, products containing acids of the AHA group are used.
The procedure is as follows:
- Special wipes are impregnated with a chemical solution.
- They put them on the feet and hold them for a certain time (this indicator depends on the condition of the feet and the acids used).
- Wipes are removed and the exfoliated particles are cleaned from the surface.
- Cover the skin with a protective cream.
It is advisable to carry out such a chemical peeling for the legs once every 3 weeks. After the exfoliating procedure, the skin must be protected from the aggressive effects of sunlight (this applies to the summer season). After peeling, the epidermis becomes very vulnerable to external stimuli. To help him bounce back, you need to use special sunscreens for 10 days.
Enzymatic foot peeling
This procedure is a superficial cleansing of the skin. For it, catalysts are used that have a similar structure to the proteins of the cells of the human body. Peeling foot roll stimulates natural skin renewal. Such a cosmetic product may contain the following enzymes:
- papain and others.
Foot peeling with fish
This exotic procedure is not a cheap pleasure. During the fish-peeling, the legs are lowered into an aquarium with garra rufa fish. Here, these little “cannibals” eat dead, coarse tissues. At the same time, there is absolutely no discomfort: such peeling of the legs is perceived as a slight vibration or even tickling. The procedure lasts approximately 20-30 minutes. After it, it is advisable not to wash your feet for the next 1-2 hours, since the saliva of the fish contains the enzyme ditanol, which accelerates tissue regeneration and has an anti-inflammatory effect. The effect after such a procedure is wonderful!
Peeling foot mask – socks
This tool contains the following components:
- plant extracts;
- fruit acids.
Outwardly, the socks for peeling the legs resemble classic ones, but they are made of dense polyethylene. A special composition is applied to the inside of the product. It also provides an exfoliating effect. With the help of such socks, it will not be difficult to make foot peeling at home.
Peeling is performed as follows:
- Feet are steamed in a warm bath.
- Wipe feet dry with a towel.
- Put on socks and hold for an hour and a half.
- Rinse your feet with warm water.
- The skin will completely renew itself only after a week. After that, it is advisable to treat the feet with a nourishing cream or oil, so that the heels will be tender and soft longer.
Foot peeling – homemade recipes
If it is not possible to visit a beauty salon or purchase miracle socks, it does not matter. You can make your own foot scrub at home – the recipes are simple. There are many options for such funds, so there is plenty to choose from. To enhance the effect of foot peeling with aspirin (as well as any other) should be applied to pre-steamed feet. Thanks to this preparation, the active substances will work better.
Coffee peeling for legs at home – lifesaver recipes
- ground coffee – 1 dessert spoon;
- sea salt (medium grains) – 1 teaspoon;
- olive oil – 2 dessert spoons.
- Salt is mixed with coffee.
- Enriched with oil extract.
- Massaging movements for 2-3 minutes, apply the composition on steamed dry feet.
- Wash off the mask.
- Dry the feet and treat them with a nourishing cream. You can pamper your feet with such a “dessert” every week.
Scrub for legs – how to use it correctly?
The effect of such a cosmetic product will be only if it is used correctly. It is not difficult to use a purchased foot scrub at home: instructions are detailed on the tube. Homemade formulations are used in the same way. The principle is the same: the agent is applied to prepared (well-steamed) skin, kept for a certain time and washed off.
A mitten with copper threads for peeling legs is used in a slightly different way. The application scheme is as follows:
- Steam legs.
- Put on a glove and treat the feet with it. It is not worth it to make a lot of money, because you can damage the skin. However, there is no point in gently stroking either: there will be no effect from such processing.
- Rinse your feet, wipe and cover them with a nourishing or moisturizing cream.
- Such procedures can be safely carried out 1-2 times a week.