Daily makeup is tiring, so women are constantly looking for ways to simplify and speed up this process. Permanent eyebrow coloring is a good alternative to tattooing and decorative cosmetics, especially if it is done with henna. The procedure is easy to perform on your own.
Henna for eyebrows – features
Permanent staining is also called biotattoo due to the similarity of results with permanent make-up. The main feature of the manipulation according to the manufacturers is its safety. Compositions based on lavsonia leaves rarely cause allergies and do not spoil the hairs. Eyebrow coloring with henna even improves their appearance and structure, strengthens the roots, and adds shine. The arcs become expressive, but look very natural.
Are eyebrows dyed with henna?
For the procedure in question, not the classic powder from the leaves of Lavsonia is used. Theoretically, you can dye your eyebrows with henna, which is applied to the hair, but it will have to be mixed with other pigments (basma, natural ground coffee, cocoa) to get the desired shade. Otherwise, the hairs and skin will take on a bright orange or copper color.
Standard henna eyebrow dyeing involves the use of a special composition that differs from hair products or mehendi (body painting). Lavsonia powder is present in such products, but it is mixed with chemical pigments, so biotattoo cannot be called completely natural. It just takes care of the hairs and damages them less.
Eyebrow coloring with henna or paint – which is better?
The opinions of women and cosmetologists on this issue were divided. Some claim that high-quality and professional chemical pigments give a more pronounced and natural result without significant damage to the hair. Others focus on the “softness” of compositions with lavsonia, and the absence of a harmful oxidation process during biotattoo.
It is important to realize that eyebrow dyeing with henna or paint is a chemical effect. It can cause allergies, irritation and even burns, damage the hairs, lead to their dryness and brittleness. To avoid such consequences, it is necessary to color the eyebrows with high-quality henna or paint, carefully studying the composition of the drug. You should first perform an allergy test – apply a small amount of pigment to the elbow bend and evaluate the skin reaction.
Eyebrow coloring with henna – pros and cons
The popularity of the presented persistent makeup is due to its many advantages, but we should not forget about the shortcomings.
Eyebrow tinting with henna has the following advantages:
- natural appearance;
- pigmentation of not only hair, but also skin;
- a large selection of natural shades;
- improving the quality and type of hairs;
- the possibility of independent procedure;
- affordable price.
Before you dye your eyebrows with henna, you need to familiarize yourself with the negative nuances of manipulation:
- risk of allergic reaction or irritation;
- difficulty in correcting an unsuccessfully drawn contour;
- the need for eyebrow care after dyeing;
- sometimes – the immunity of the hairs to the pigment (if they are hard and dense).
How long does henna last on eyebrows?
Most biotattoo masters indicate a high stability of results, up to 2-3 weeks. This is not always true, for many women, henna eyebrow staining is washed off faster, how long the effect lasts depends on several factors:
- features of the skin and hairs;
- the correctness of the procedure;
- composition quality;
- the presence of care after biotatuage.
Eyebrow tinting with henna lasts at least 5 days. If you clean your face correctly, protecting the treated areas from the effects of detergents, lotions and tonics, the “service life” will last up to 2 weeks. When the procedure is carried out professionally, and not only the hairs, but also the skin are well colored, the specified period increases, up to 1 month.
Rating of the best henna for eyebrows
Biotatuage is important to carry out with a high-quality and certified composition without harmful components. There are several well-established brands that experienced craftsmen prefer to use.
The best henna for eyebrows:
- Brow Henna. Bestseller among similar products. Does not cause allergies, has increased durability with the effect of tattooing on the skin. The line is presented in different shades for any hair color, which can be mixed for the most natural results.
- Lucas Cosmetics CC Brow. One of the most resistant types of henna for coloring, it stays on the hairs for up to 6 weeks. The product is presented in 7 natural shades, including light brown and red.
- Kodi Professional Brow Henna. It contains mainly Lavsonia powder, therefore, after dilution, the composition has a greenish tint. The pigment stays on the hairs for about 3 weeks, but it starts to wash off the skin the very next day. To increase stability, it is recommended to mix the base with an activator from Kodi, and not with water.
- Nila. Inexpensive quality henna, easy to use. It is a mixture of a natural product with chemical paint, provides a lasting result, but can provoke allergic reactions.
- FitoKosmetik cream-henna for eyebrows. The most affordable and convenient option for home use. Ready-made composition that does not need to be diluted. Persistence – up to 10-14 days, lasts 2-3 days on the skin, easily washed off.
How do you dye your eyebrows with henna?
Biotattoo is a very easy arc design technique, you can do it yourself. The very painting of eyebrows with henna is simple, difficulties arise only at the stage of shaping the eyebrows and drawing contours, building architecture. The arcs must be absolutely symmetrical and the same in thickness and length. At home, stencils or careful preliminary drawing of the treated areas will help to achieve such results.
Eyebrow coloring with henna in the salon
Having decided on a biotat for the first time, it is better to trust the master first. The resulting shape and contours can then be maintained independently. Eyebrow shaping with henna is always done after thorough cleansing and degreasing of the treated areas. Often, cosmetologists advise pre-exfoliating the skin with a soft scrub so that the pigment is better absorbed. How to paint eyebrows with henna – a sequence of actions in the salon:
- shape correction;
- building architecture;
- drawing contours (with a white pencil or alcohol-based marker);
- color selection;
- applying henna, starting from the tips;
- maintaining the composition (up to 40 minutes);
- removal of funds;
- repeated correction of eyebrows, fixing the shape;
- hair treatment with nourishing oil.
Eyebrow coloring with henna at home
An independent procedure is carried out completely identically. It is important to prepare all the necessary tools and raw materials in advance:
- small non-metallic container;
- some hot water;
- cotton buds and discs;
- light eyeliner;
- fat cream;
- caring cosmetic oil.
Before you dye your eyebrows with henna at home, you need to prepare them. It is advisable to scrub the skin, then degrease the intended area with alcohol lotion.
How to dye your eyebrows with henna correctly:
- Make corrections to the shape of the arcs. Draw clear outlines with a light pencil.
- Apply a thick cream around the eyebrows so that the skin does not stain in unnecessary places.
- Dilute a little henna powder with hot water to a viscous sauce.
- Paint over the contours of the eyebrows, starting from the tips. It is better to apply the composition in parallel on both arcs.
- Paint over the main part, the base of the eyebrows – last.
- Leave the product to dry. If you want a rich shade, you can gently moisten your eyebrows with warm water. Henna works only while it is wet.
- At the end of staining, remove the composition with wet cotton pads.
- Apply cosmetic oil.
- Correct the shape of the arcs.
Eyebrow correction with henna
1-3 weeks after the procedure, you will need to restore the results, because the pigment will be washed off the skin and the hairs will be renewed. Eyebrows dyed with henna can be corrected after 3-5 days, if you need to add saturation or make them more graphic. Manipulation is similar to the first biotattoo procedure. Corrective henna tinting of eyebrows will take less time, you just need to restore the contours and fill the main part of the arches with pigment again. For the most natural effect, you can experiment with shades, use 2-3 colors.
Eyebrow coloring with henna – care
To increase the stability of biotattoo, it is recommended to follow a few simple rules:
- Do not wet your eyebrows after henna for 24 hours.
- Avoid contact with cleansers, scrubs, peels, lotions. To do this, you can lubricate your eyebrows with oil before cleansing your face.
- Do not paint the arcs with shadows, pencils and other decorative cosmetics.
- Avoid exposure to high temperatures and steam.
- Before going to bed, treat eyebrows with cosmetic oil (eucalyptus, almond, grape seed).