For a long time, only the eyes, lips and cheekbones were considered accents on the face. Over the past 5 years, eyebrows have also gained importance. With their help, you can emphasize the look and even visually change the proportions of the face. To do this, it is necessary not only to correctly build the geometry of the arcs, but also to take care of a suitable shade of hairs.
How to choose eyebrow dye?
The end result of the procedure is highly dependent on the quality of the cosmetic product. In order for the eyebrow coloring to go without surprises, and the color to last for a long time, it is necessary to choose a high-quality pigment. It is important to scrupulously study the composition of the paint, conduct a test for allergic reactions at home. There are 3 options for these products:
- inexpensive cream paint (mass market);
- professional tools.
Cream paint for eyebrows and eyelashes
The tool in question is available in convenient bags, often with additional accessories that facilitate the staining process. The main disadvantage of mass market products is considered a dangerous composition. Cheap eyebrow and eyelash dye contains many unwanted ingredients:
- metal salts;
- hydrogen peroxide;
Even in small quantities, these substances can damage the hairs and skin of the face, so before you paint your eyebrows with paint, you need to put a drop on your hand, for example, the elbow bend. If after 12 hours no allergic reactions occur, it is permissible to use the purchased pigment. Otherwise, you need to purchase another product, with a more gentle composition and caring ingredients:
- organic oils;
There is a misconception that the described type of pigments is completely natural. Browmakers remind: henna is also an eyebrow dye, just with the addition of powder from lavsonia leaves. A feature of this product is the ability to additionally pigment the skin. This is important if the hairs are not thick and it is necessary to naturally fill in the gaps in the arches.
Eyebrow coloring with henna-based paint is less damaging and does not cause allergic reactions. Herbal ingredients care for the hairs and strengthen them, making them shiny and dense. Eyebrow henna pigmentation is also durable, which is why it is also called biotattoo. Depending on the care, the result can last up to 4-5 weeks.
Professional eyebrow dye
In salons, brokers use expensive products, which is why the price of their services is high. A good way to choose an eyebrow dye is to study the market for professional products. Such pigments do not contain harmful substances, but are enriched with caring components and vitamins. A few more advantages of professional paints:
- natural color without “surprises”;
- skin hydration;
- an extensive selection of shades.
Eyebrow paint – rating of the best
Specialists also have their own preferences, which are formed in accordance with the quality of the product, ease of use, and customer reviews. The best eyebrow paint this year – TOP-5:
- Schwarzkopf Igora Bonacrom. Hypoallergenic product with a natural composition, does not sting even the eyelids when coloring the eyelashes. The product is available in a convenient set with a measuring container, an applicator and protective strips.
- RefectoCil. Professional eyebrow dye made from organic ingredients. The main advantage is a rich palette of 12 shades that can be mixed. The color is durable and very natural. For procedures, you will have to purchase an oxidizing agent separately.
- concept. An inexpensive set for high-quality coloring, in the kit – a container, a brush and a pigmenting composition. The paint fits well, is highly resistant and has a natural result, but hydrogen peroxide is present in the composition.
- Levissime. The natural ingredients of the product take care of the hairs and protect them and the skin from external negative influences. The pigment is very resistant, staining results last up to 1 month.
- Kapous Magic. The paint does not contain harmful ingredients, has an affordable cost. Available in 4 shades, but they can be mixed. The main advantage is resistance to weather conditions and sunscreens.
How to choose the color of eyebrow paint?
Most women are used to buying black pimento as a universal option, but any browmaker will confirm that it is necessary to choose the tone individually:
- Blondes. Suitable color, 1-1.5 shades darker than the hair on the head. It is better for blond women to refuse black.
- Fair-haired. Optimal – neutral brown eyebrow paint with a “cold” undertone. The arcs should be slightly darker than the hair.
- Redheads. If the curls are closer to a chestnut shade, the brokers advise a dark brown color. Fiery-red girls will suit paints with a reddish and copper tint.
- Brown hair. Eyebrows should be 1-2 shades darker than hair, therefore, depending on the color of the strands, experts advise a palette from brown to black.
- Brunettes. In this case, you will have to limit yourself to one tone. Paint for natural eyebrows should also be black.
- Gray-haired. Do not make the arcs too fanciful, paint them in very dark or bright colors. Browmakers recommend neutral gray, graphite shades.
Can you dye your eyebrows with hair dye?
This idea must be abandoned forever. The skin on the face differs significantly from the epidermis on the head, especially in the area around the eyes, it is very sensitive and delicate. Painting eyebrows with hair dye can lead to a lot of negative consequences:
- severe dryness and peeling;
- chemical burn;
- allergic reactions;
- hair loss and brittleness.
How to dye eyebrows at home with paint?
A visit to the salon simplifies the procedure, but it takes time and is not cheap. Correctly performed correction and coloring of eyebrows at home, according to the results, are not inferior to the work of a browmaker, especially with experience. You just need to carefully study the technique of manipulation and practice several times, using not the most persistent pigment. When the effect is close to the desired one, you can buy professional products and use them yourself.
How to dilute eyebrow paint?
Most pigmenting agents are sold in ready-made kits. They contain the eyebrow cream itself and the developing emulsion. The proportions in which these substances need to be mixed are clearly stated in the instructions for a particular product. If the eyebrow paint was sold without an oxidizing agent, it is advisable to purchase it from the same company as the pigment. This will help to avoid the appearance of “parasitic” shades. In case of loss of instructions, it is advisable to add 4-6 drops of the emulsion to a quarter teaspoon of the base.
A few breeding rules:
- Use porcelain, ceramic or glassware.
- Mix the ingredients with any non-metallic stick or brush.
- Prepare the composition immediately before the procedure, it can not be stored.
If eyebrow coloring at home is done with henna, everything is much simpler. You just need to pour a small amount of powder (the amount is comparable to a pea) into a container and add a few drops of warm water. The consistency of the finished paint should resemble a thick cream or sour cream. The denser the composition, the more saturated the color will be. Applying thick henna is much more convenient.
Eyebrow coloring technique
The pigmentation process is very simple, even the first time it is easy to achieve the desired results. How to paint eyebrows with paint:
- Wash and disinfect treated areas. Let them dry.
- Apply oily cream or petroleum jelly around the eyebrows and on the eyelids to protect them from pigment.
- Prepare the coloring composition.
- Comb your eyebrows with a brush. If necessary, pre-mark the boundaries of the arcs with a white soft pencil.
- With an applicator, brush or cotton swab, gently apply the mixture to the hairs and skin. Pay special attention to places with spaces. Professionals advise starting with the tails of the eyebrows, and ending with the base, this will achieve the most natural effect.
- Wait 15 minutes. In the case of henna, you can keep it longer, it ceases to act after drying.
- Wash off the pigment with warm water using cotton pads.
- If there are flaws, rub them with oil or fat cream. Some women use a cotton swab dipped in lemon juice.
- If necessary, correct the arches with tweezers.
Eyebrow care after coloring
Any woman seeks to save free time, so it is important to ensure that the pimento is stable, and the hairs are properly nourished. How long eyebrow tinting lasts depends mainly on the quality of the dye, but affects the duration and characteristics of the skin. With the active activity of the sebaceous glands, the color remains for about 2-2.5 weeks. On normal skin, the pigment lasts up to a month. Correct eyebrow coloring involves simple care for them. Browmakers advise applying natural vegetable oils to the hairs and skin before going to bed: