In summer, most women wear the most open shoes, so the condition of the feet should be perfect. Pedicure can be performed in different ways, depending on the type and quality of the skin, but more often they prefer the cut option. It is considered the most accurate and aesthetic.
What does trimmed pedicure mean?
The technique of processing nails and the skin around them is similar to a standard manicure. Classic edged pedicure involves the removal of the cuticle and coarsened epidermis with scissors or special nippers. The surface of the nail at the base is additionally “combed” with a pusher and a scraper so that no films and skin residues remain on the plate.
Types of pedicure, their main differences
Trimming technology is not the only method of processing toenails, it is simply used more often. Types of pedicure and their features:
- Hardware. Cuticle removal, pterygium, surface grinding is carried out with a special device with different nozzles, differing in the material of manufacture (metal, ceramics, rubber or silicone) and roughness.
- Cutting pedicure. Excess skin around the nail and on it, burrs and thick calluses are removed with scissors or nippers.
- European. The cuticle softens and moves to the base of the plate. Women rarely prefer this type of procedure because of the not very accurate result.
Which pedicure is better – hardware or edged?
Each of the presented types of nail treatment has both advantages and disadvantages. In terms of the final result, it is difficult to say which pedicure is better, hardware or classic. After both manipulations, the nails acquire a very neat and well-groomed appearance, the cuticle and pterygium are completely removed. The choice should be made based on the nuances of each technique.
Edged standard pedicure requires thorough soaking, steaming and softening of the feet before processing. The use of sharp scissors, forceps, nippers, pusher and scraper increases the risk of skin damage. The advantages of the technique are the ideal appearance of nails and adjacent ridges, the complete removal of dead epidermis, corns.
Hardware pedicure is performed on dry skin and nails. In fact, the technology is grinding. With the help of different nozzles, the master “removes” the cuticle, pterygium, roughened epidermis. The risk of cuts in this case is minimal or absent, so hardware processing is safer, but there is a possibility of damage to the nails. From an incorrectly selected nozzle or the speed of its rotation, the plates can crack.
How to do a trimmed pedicure?
In order not to worry about introducing an infection into the bloodstream with accidental cuts, to save time and money, many women treat their toenails on their own. Trimming pedicure at home is easy to perform, the procedure will require available tools and household appliances. The more often manipulations are carried out, the less time they will take.
What do you need for a trimmed pedicure?
Before processing the nail plates, it is better to prepare all the necessary accessories in advance.
Edged pedicure at home is done using the following set:
- foot bath or basin;
- nail polish remover;
- cotton pads;
- paper napkins;
- finger separators (“spread”);
- sharp scissors and wire cutters;
- pusher, scraper;
- files of different roughness;
- machine for removing corns and rough skin (foot grater);
- antifungal spray;
- healing, softening cream.
Classic pedicure – stages
Giving the feet an aesthetic appearance includes not only the treatment of toenails, but also the surfaces of the feet, fingers and heels. Knowing how to do a trimmed pedicure correctly, it is important to learn how to remove calluses, corns, coarsened areas and smooth out cracks. The softer and smoother the skin on the legs, the better the nails will look.
How to do a classic pedicure:
- skin cleansing;
- softening of the feet and nails;
- removal of coarsened epidermis, calluses, corns, burrs;
- cutting nails;
- shaping the plates, filing the edges;
- cuticle removal and pterygium;
- polishing the surface of the nails;
- infection prevention;
- moisturizing, nourishing the skin;
Edged pedicure – step by step technology
It is important to start processing nails with a sufficient supply of free time. Performing a classic pedicure requires accuracy and caution. In case of haste, the risk of skin damage, cuts and punctures increases.
In 30-60 minutes it is quite possible to do a classic pedicure, step by step technology:
- Wash your feet well with soap.
- Hold your feet in a bath with the addition of soda, salt or acetylsalicylic acid. You can use ready-made pedicure mixes.
- Wet your feet with a towel, treat with an antiseptic.
- Remove keratinized areas, calluses, burrs and corns, smooth out cracks.
- Cut the nails to the desired length, file the edges, shape the plates.
- Raise the cuticle and pterygium with a pusher and scraper.
- Cut off excess skin with scissors or nippers.
- Sand nails with a soft buff.
- Apply an antiseptic and antifungal agent to the skin.
- Lubricate the feet with a nourishing cream.
Classic coated pedicure
Carefully processed nails are the ideal basis for design. It can be made as simple as possible, edged pedicure is successfully combined with a plain discreet coating, and with a laconic bright design. In the summer, many women prefer to apply nail art on their toenails. A beautiful classic pedicure with unusual designs, patterns and accessories will successfully complement the look.