Such a nuisance as corns on the feet begins to appear when the foot is pressed incorrectly while walking, thickenings appear in which the cells die. Hardened areas appear that touch the upper layers of the skin; getting rid of them is much easier than getting rid of corns. The main thing is not to start these manifestations.
Calluses on the feet – causes
Before embarking on treatment, it is worth understanding what corns on the feet are. Many people mistakenly call them calluses, but this is a different formation that affects only the upper layer of the dermis, and it is easier to get rid of them. A characteristic manifestation for professional dancers, ballerinas, athletes, in women it is more common.
If dry callus occurs constantly, you need to contact an orthopedist to resolve the issue with shoes. Otherwise, the problem may result in flat feet.
There are other reasons for the appearance:
- disruptions in blood circulation;
- excess weight;
- deformation of bone tissue;
- rheumatoid arthritis;
- enlargement or deflection of the thumb when the pressure on it increases.
Corns – how to get rid of at home?
Sometimes corns on the feet appear suddenly, but more often there are signs. This is redness, swelling, roughening of the skin, it becomes grayish-yellow, the skin loses its sensitivity, pain occurs. There are flat corns, which almost do not interfere, and convex, hindering movement and causing pain.
Ways to get rid of corns:
- Pick up comfortable shoes.
- Use ointments, creams, anti-corn patches.
- Make compresses, baths from decoctions and vegetables.
- Try hardware pedicure, laser, liquid nitrogen.
Less troublesome and painful remedy for corns:
Plaster from corns
Severe pain from tubercles can be blocked with special donut-shaped pads, they are placed with the sore spot in the center. But this is a temporary solution to the problem, a more effective remedy is a patch for dry corns. Available options for the little fingers, between the fingers, special pads.
The method of how to get rid of dry corns with a band-aid is very simple. The skin is degreased, dried, the material is glued for 1-2 days, then the bandage is changed. Cannot be used for damage and wounds.
Positive reviews have:
- Salipod. They are produced in the form of rectangles, there are also fixatives, in the composition – salicylic acid, sulfur, rosin, lanolin. Prohibited for pregnant women, patients with renal insufficiency, diabetes, children under 14 years of age.
- Compeed. Silicone material, which allows you to apply even to wet corns. The main ingredient is salicylic acid. Contraindications are similar, doctors still do not recommend using it if the material captures moles.
Corns – ointment for treatment
To remove corns on the feet, the ointment works more gently, the most gentle option is on beeswax mixed with lemon juice and propolis. Many more try Vishnevsky’s ointment, which includes xeroform and birch tar, copes with the problem well, the only negative is an unpleasant smell.
There are other drugs:
- Salicylic ointment for corns. Removes inflammation, fights bacteria, softens hardened areas. In its pure form, it is more effective, but requires careful use, is prohibited for babies, with kidney failure.
- Verrukatsid. It copes with corns quickly, especially in the early stages, but cannot be used if the affected area is large.
Cream for corns
If dry callus on the foot reacts poorly to ointments or requires a milder remedy, you should pay attention to creams. They are absorbed faster, do not leave marks, more effectively extinguish the pain. If corns appear on the feet, treatment creams are selected based on their composition. They often contain glycerin, benzoic and salicylic acids, castor oil.
The following are in demand:
- “Doctor”. Contains urea and herbal extracts, quickly corrodes rough places, while pain relief.
- “Superantimozolin”. Based on lactic acid and urea, moisturizes and softens, removes unpleasant odors.
Corns – folk remedies
It is still possible to treat corns that have arisen on the feet with compresses, polyethylene must be applied to the bandage, socks must be worn on top so that the effect is stronger. Doctors recommend drinking vitamins in parallel to nourish the skin. Folk remedies offer recipes from onions, gruel from this vegetable exfoliates the skin well. Propolis also softens and nourishes the skin, it is kneaded and applied to the sore spot.
Tips on how to treat corns with lotions:
- With aloe. Attach the cut sheet at night, fix with adhesive plaster, treat with pumice stone in the morning.
- With potatoes. Grate, wrap in gauze, wring out, apply overnight.
- With fresh celandine. Grind, wrap in a bandage, fix on a sore spot, keep for several hours.
How to remove corns?
In folk medicine, the removal of dry corns with the help of soda or oils is also practiced, they use olive, linseed, corn, castor. They soften the skin better than others, relieve pain. The legs are steamed, the socks are soaked with oil, the feet are wrapped with a film, fixed for the night. In the morning, the corns are cleaned off, the legs are smeared with a greasy cream. If bumps have formed between the fingers, it is worth trying masks.
Recipe for a mask for corns
- flaxseed – 2 tbsp. spoons;
- potato peel – 100 g.
- Mix the ingredients, add water, cook for 30 minutes.
- Cool the mixture, apply on the sore spot for 30 minutes.
- Cleanse loose skin.
Removal of corns with a hardware pedicure
The situation is greatly complicated if the corns with the stem are already ripe, here you can not do without the help of doctors or cosmetologists. Several sessions may be needed, depending on the condition of the skin. First, the root of the growth is cut out, then a medicine is injected that destroys the infection. Pain is not felt during drilling, the procedure is not traumatic. An experienced master will remove corns on the legs through a hardware pedicure.
Removal of corns with a laser
If dry calluses on the feet do not respond to creams, ointments and other folk remedies, or persistently appear again, it is worth resorting to laser removal. This procedure is recommended for rod or infected corns, the laser acts pointwise, only on the sore spot, which makes the treatment safer and more reliable. The skin is additionally anesthetized.
- infection is excluded;
- tissues are quickly restored;
- absence of pain;
- repeated corns do not occur.
Cons can be called contraindications:
- can not be used during pregnancy, lactation, diabetes, cancer;
- high price.
Removal of corns with liquid nitrogen
A less expensive, but just as effective way to get rid of dry calluses on your feet is removal with liquid nitrogen. It is also called cryodestruction, when exposed to high temperatures, the keratinized tissue dies off and is easily removed. Reacting to nitrogen, the vessels are “sealed”, so there are no wounds and bleeding during the procedure.
Advantages of the method:
- the procedure takes up to 2 minutes;
- painless, only a slight cold is felt;
- the infection does not penetrate into the wound during exposure;
- no scars remain.
Cons are manifested in contraindications and temporary inconveniences:
- intolerance to low temperatures;
- damage to large areas of the skin;
- after the procedure, you need to apply more creams for wound healing for some time, wear a special patch so that the growths do not reappear.