Every morning, a woman begins by putting herself in order and often applying makeup. Concealer is especially necessary, because it helps to disguise dark circles under the lower eyelids, which not only give the face a tired and painful look, but can also visually add several years. Therefore, women have long been interested in ways to find out the origin and remove annoying bruises under the eyes – the causes and treatment of this problem are directly dependent on each other, and before buying the next tube of concealer, you should try to establish the factors that provoke the appearance of dark circles.
There were bruises under the eyes – the causes of this cosmetic defect
In most cases, the described problem occurs after a sleepless night. Due to fatigue, blood circulation is disturbed, respectively, the flow of oxygen to the tissues worsens, and skin cells do not have time to renew themselves. As a rule, after the restoration of the regime of work and rest, dark circles also disappear without a trace.
Other causes of bruising under the eyes in the morning:
- general fatigue of the body;
- incorrect position of the head at night;
- drinking excess alcohol;
- eye strain;
- prolonged exposure to the open sun without protective glasses;
- lack of vitamins and nutrients;
- low mobility;
- inappropriate decorative cosmetics;
- poor environmental conditions;
- features of the structure of the face;
- emotional experiences;
- chronic fatigue;
- permanent stay indoors.
Almost all of these factors, with the exception of heredity and physiological features of the structure of the face, can be eliminated on their own by normalizing nutrition and lifestyle. It is more difficult if dark circles are associated with the development of internal diseases.
Pathological causes of severe bruising under the eyes:
- inflammatory processes in the sinuses;
- heart failure;
- allergic reactions;
- chronic migraine;
- skin diseases;
- diseases of the kidneys and urinary system;
- thyroid pathology;
- systemic circulatory disorders;
- deterioration in the functioning of the liver and gallbladder;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system.
How to get rid of the cause of bruising under the eyes and dark circles under the lower eyelids?
If the defect in question is caused by physiological factors or adverse external circumstances, it is worth compiling a balanced diet and adjusting your lifestyle.
Treatment of bruises under the eyes, provoked by diseases of the internal systems of the body, requires an integrated approach and referral to the appropriate specialist. Dark circles will not disappear until their true cause is eliminated.
Temporary positive results can be achieved in the following ways:
- creams with collagen, hyaluronic acid, green tea extract and caffeine;
- lymphatic drainage massage;
- professional whitening masks;
- electrical stimulation;
You can also use folk methods, for example, applying compresses. Quick treatment at home for bruises under the eyes will not work, but after 5-10 procedures the result will become noticeable.
Effective compresses based on such products:
- raw grated potatoes;
- strong black tea;
- cucumber freshly squeezed juice;
- ground parsley leaves;
- natural fatty cottage cheese;
- homemade cow’s milk.
Additionally, it is recommended to lightly wipe the lower and upper eyelids with a piece of ice every morning for 10-20 seconds, if there is no tendency to the appearance of vascular networks.