A small detail of a haircut can completely change its look and significantly affect the whole image. Slanting or asymmetrical bangs are versatile because they suit all face types. Depending on the shape and length, this element of the hairstyle helps to hide some defects and emphasize advantageous features.
How to cut bangs on the side yourself?
If there is no desire or opportunity to go to a professional, it is easy to change the image at home. Oblique bangs on the side are easy to perform; to create it, you need a minimum set of tools:
- very sharp scissors;
- knitting needle or comb with a separator handle;
- frequent comb;
- iron (oblique strand is cut only on straightened hair);
- thinning scissors (if available, you can do without them);
- oblique hair clip (optional).
Long bangs on the side
The proposed version of the hairstyle detail is suitable for women with an imperfect face shape. Oblique and wide bangs on the side will help to mask and visually correct:
- large cheeks and cheekbones;
- massive lower jaw;
- low or too high forehead;
- a long nose;
- big chin;
How to cut an elongated bang on the side:
- Separate the front oblique strand so that the parting has the shape of a triangle. It is good to comb it with a fine comb.
- Holding the future oblique bangs with the index and middle fingers, “try on” it and determine the desired length.
- Without releasing the oblique strand from your hand, move the hair forward at eye level. Start cutting the curl, hold the scissors vertically (perpendicular to the cut line).
- Continue to cut with a “fence”, gradually increasing the length left.
- The cut line should look like an oblique (diagonal).
- Comb and style the resulting bangs. Fix it.
Short bangs on the side
The described bold type of haircut element suits women with an oval face more, emphasizing its ideal outlines. Short oblique bangs are sometimes recommended for owners of a narrow chin and a large forehead. With its help you can:
- balance proportions;
- visually equalize the width at the top and bottom of the face;
- give the hairstyle extravagance and unique style.
How to make a short female bang on the side:
- Lightly dampen hair and comb it thoroughly in the forward direction. Holding the slanting strand with your hand, start cutting it from the longest end.
- Shorten the bangs by guiding the scissors with the index and middle fingers along the oblique.
- Moving diagonally, cut the short side of the curl.
- Profile the bias strand, holding the scissors vertically.
- Dry your hair and style.
Oblique torn bangs on the side
“Airy” thinned strands add lightness to the image, so hairdressers use them mainly to soften angular and rough facial features. Milled oblique bangs are performed only for perfectly straight hair. On tight curls or waves, its graduated structure is almost invisible, and the curls will look sloppy and “bitten”.
How to cut a torn bang on its side (oblique):
- Select the front strand, comb it with a comb with thin and frequent teeth.
- Divide the future oblique or diagonal bangs into the upper and lower layers.
- Cut each of them, holding the scissors perpendicular to the cut line. In this case, the “fence” should be pronounced, so it is necessary to shorten thin sections to different lengths (alternately – more, less). This will turn out a carefully profiled oblique strand.
- Comb the curl forward and give it the desired shape.
- Lay the oblique strand.
Haircuts with bangs on the side
The proposed element is in harmony with most types of hairstyles, emphasizing their complex geometry and layers. Hairdressers often combine contrasting combinations – a short haircut with long bangs on the side or long curls with an oblique front strand at the level of the middle of the forehead. It not only looks stylish and impressive, but also provides a visual correction of the shape of the face.
Haircuts with oblique bangs for short hair
The most popular version of the current season is a classic mid-ear bob. This short haircut with long bangs on the side, cut along the oblique, looks very elegant and feminine. Bob with such an additional detail can be worn with any image. Smooth strands and oblique, neatly straightened bangs are ideal for business ladies and adherents of glamorous style. Tousled, randomly styled curls will complement the youthful and grunge look.
There are other spectacular short haircuts with bangs on the side and an oblique cut line:
- short session;
- short square on the leg;
- oblique extreme asymmetry;
Oblique bangs for medium hair
The described level of strands is in perfect harmony with the considered element of the hairstyle. The trend variation is an elongated square with bangs on the side and a cut along the oblique. It looks great on women with a round and square face, because it softens massive features and smoothes out angles. Similarly, the classic bob with bangs on the side is also in demand. The oblique detail of the haircut gives the image mystery and femininity, focuses on the eyes and lips.
Other hairstyles that go well with asymmetrical bangs:
- elongated bean;
Oblique bangs for long hair
Curls below the shoulders will only decorate the proposed haircut detail. If it is at the level of the earlobes or chin, an asymmetrical strand will serve as a beautiful face frame. Short oblique bangs on the side for long hair due to the contrast will emphasize the luxury of the braid. Additionally, it will correct the shape of the face, bring it closer to the perfect oval.
Bangs on the side for long hair, cut along an oblique line, are great for the following haircuts:
- graduation (“ladder”);
- long cascade;
- elongated bob and bob.
How beautiful to lay the bangs on the side?
There are many ways to place the presented hairstyle element, it is important to choose a variation that suits the type of hair and face. A universal and simple method of how to lay a bang on its side if it is elongated and oblique:
- Wet the strand and dry it with a hair dryer, holding it in the direction opposite to the future position. This helps to give the oblique bangs a basal volume.
- With brushing and a hair dryer, it is good to twist the curl at the base, wrapping it inward.
- Continue curling the ends.
- In a similar way, shape the curl, but directing its ends upwards. Hold the strand in the direction where the oblique bangs will be after styling.
- Fix the position of the hair with a hairdryer.
- Spray the oblique strand with varnish.
- While the fixative is still wet, finish touching up with your fingers.
Hairstyles with bangs on the side
The oblique detail of the haircut in question looks chic with complex festive and everyday styling. High hairstyles with long bangs on the side look elegant and romantic at the same time. They visually make a woman younger, give the image freshness. If the front strand is slightly twisted, the styling will become more careless, with a hint of natural naturalness and immediacy.
Oblique asymmetrical bangs go well with different weaves and plaits. She focuses on the graceful curves of the hair, serves as a kind of background for them, especially if straightened with an iron. The bangs can also be partially braided or neatly stabbed behind the ear, after twisting the oblique strand with a spiral. So she will not bother or interfere, while simultaneously updating her image.