If earlier seaweed wrapping was available only in beauty salons, now you can carry out the procedure at home. After these sessions, the skin seems to be reborn, and the effect is explained by the enormous value of algae. After all, if sea water is close in composition to the blood of people, then sea plants are saturated with other components useful to humans.
Benefits of seaweed wrap
Alginate, which is obtained from underwater plants, is included in many anti-cellulite creams and masks, thalassotherapy – seaweed wrap is considered one of the most effective procedures for rejuvenating the dermis. Laminaria and fucus contain a lot of vitamins A, C, D, B, amino acids, the course of procedures magically tightens any flabby parts of the body.
What effect does algae have on the skin:
- activate the breakdown of fats;
- reduce and completely remove cellulite in the early stages;
- accelerate cell regeneration;
- improve metabolism;
- tighten sagging skin;
- enhance blood microcirculation;
- remove toxins and excess fluid from tissues.
Which algae are suitable for wrapping?
Thanks to the latest in cosmetology, you can do algae wrap at home. It is advisable to have an assistant if we are talking about a full wrap, but it is realistic to process individual parts of the body on your own. The product is sold in different forms, differs in types, before buying it is worth studying the properties of plants.
Algae are used both fresh – as whole leaves, and dry – as a micronized powder, they must be poured with hot water. Features of thalassotherapy products:
- Fucus – algae for cellulite wraps, burn fat, remove excess fluid, improve metabolism.
- Kelp. Wrapping with kelp seaweed has a different effect. Smoothes the skin, evens out the relief, gives the tissues a tone, promotes the production of collagen.
- Spirulina – less effective, but successfully copes with cellulite problems in the early stages. Tightens the skin and smoothes the relief, removes toxins.
Wrap with live algae
More in demand are leaf algae for wrapping, these are whole thalli of dry, processed plants. They are used to cover large areas of the body, but are not suitable for complex masks. You can use it 1 more time, but the effect will gradually weaken. You need to soak in hot water, not more than 40 ° C, so it is recommended to buy a thermometer.
How to wrap with live algae:
- Treat the skin, pour the plants with water.
- Apply to the cover, wrap with foil, cover warmly.
- Hold from 40 min. until 1 o’clock, take a shower.
- Lubricate the skin with anti-cellulite cream.
Wrap with micronized algae
A powder mixture will cost an order of magnitude cheaper, but micronized algae are no less effective. They are diluted 1 to 4, let it brew for 10 minutes, there are other options for mixtures. The most popular of the offered means of algal wrapping is fucus and kelp, the mixture strengthens blood vessels, improves blood microcirculation and lymph outflow.
How to do a micronized algae wrap:
- Treat the skin, dilute the powder with hot water.
- Spread the skin, cover with a film, on top – with a thermal blanket.
- Hold for half an hour, rinse with warm water.
Algae wrap – contraindications
Despite the enormous benefits of procedures, they can not be carried out by everyone. Hot wraps are contraindicated for varicose veins, but cold wraps are allowed. Before starting the session, it will not be superfluous to make sure that there is no allergy to iodine, these plants contain it in large quantities. The mixture is applied to the wrist and wait half an hour, if there is no redness and itching, then everything is in order.
It is not necessary to carry out procedures:
- during pregnancy;
- after operations;
- if there are irritations and wounds on the skin;
- immediately after depilation.
What other contraindications does algal wrapping have:
How is seaweed wrap done?
The healing procedure of algae wrap is recommended for the removal of postpartum stretch marks, in advanced cases, smoothes scars. It also increases the skin’s immunity to infections, saturates with vitamins, and during a session it helps to relax and relieve stress and fatigue. For hands, thighs and buttocks, it is more convenient to use algae in powder form, it must be thoroughly mixed in water.
Wraps are divided into 2 types:
- Hot. Algae is poured with hot water, warming components are added – red pepper, mustard, cinnamon. It is applied after 20 minutes, the skin area is wrapped with a film and covered with a blanket on top, providing the effect of a sauna. It is recommended to carry out the procedure 3-4 times a week, with a course of up to 15 sessions.
- Cold. The mixtures are applied cooled, the plants filled with hot water are cooled for 1-1.5 hours, and a film is also placed on top, this method is good for smoothing wrinkles and getting rid of edema. You can carry out up to 20 procedures, 3-4 times a week. The break is a month.
Seaweed wrap in salon
A procedure such as algae body wraps is done in all beauty salons. Not only brown algae are offered, but also ready-made formulations, creams mixed on their basis. It is not for nothing that these plants are called the concentrated energy of the sea; for the treatment of cellulite, contrast wraps are practiced when hot is replaced by cold. For greater effect, seaweed and clay wraps are offered.
How is the procedure carried out in the salon:
- The skin is cleansed by peeling.
- Algae and clay are poured with water for 15 minutes.
- A thick mixture is applied to the skin, wrapped in a film and a blanket.
- After 40 min. wash off with water.
- Do a massage with an anti-cellulite agent or modeling gel.
Algae wrap at home
You can carry out an algae wrap at home, to get rid of cellulite you will need at least 10 procedures, in advanced cases – 15, they need to be done 2-3 times a week. Already after 3 sessions the effect is shown. If there is a lot of body fat, improvements will be noticeable only at the end of the entire course.
A few tips for using ingredients:
- It is better to apply on steamed skin, then the pores will open better and the substances will penetrate deeper into the tissues.
- Leaf algae are easier to remove, no need to wash off the mixture.
- The leaves can be used again, but only 1 time, after the procedure and put in water, the properties last up to 5 days, but will be already weaker.