A properly formulated acne mask has an anti-inflammatory effect, therefore it should contain various components – for wound healing, skin cleansing, disinfecting. This balance is observed in ready-made cosmetic mixtures, but you can collect these yourself. This takes into account the type of skin and the problem to be solved.
Acne – causes, occurrence and treatment
Acne attacks teenagers more often, moreover, guys more often than girls. But such an attack can also appear at an older age. Doctors attribute this phenomenon to increased secretion of sebum, when fatty acids are released that provoke inflammation.
Why acne appears, the causes, treatment is determined after the examination, in many cases the impetus is:
- sedentary lifestyle;
- genetically oily skin type.
With such rashes, face masks against acne help well; in the initial stages, you can get by with home remedies. But with severe forms, only specialists need to work.
Modern methods of treatment:
- creams and gels – tretinoin, differin, skinoren;
- antibacterial ointments, solutions, tablets;
- laser treatments.
What helps with acne on the face?
It is worth remembering that an anti-acne mask is not an instant remedy, it takes time to restore skin health, remove inflammation in the deep layers of the epidermis. At the same time, it is important to constantly take care of your face, do not try to squeeze out acne, do not feel it with dirty hands, drink plenty of fluids to remove toxins.
Beauticians advise starting treatment in summer and autumn, because masks dry out the skin. And in winter and spring, the dermis already becomes drier, without getting enough nutrition.
What helps with acne:
- salicylic ointment, boric alcohol – disinfect and dry the skin;
- gel Curtiosin – eliminates acne and polishes scars;
- ointment Klenzit – removes inflammation;
- zinc ointment – dries the dermis;
- white, green clay – heals inflamed tissues, heals.
Acne masks – homemade recipes
In order for the acne mask to work faster and more efficiently, you should constantly wash yourself with decoctions of herbs that relieve inflammation, the best option is calendula and chamomile, oak bark also helps. There are many homemade recipes using herbal lotions, but they are advised to use them, like home remedies, only 2-3 times a week.
You can make homemade face masks for acne from:
- foods with vitamin C.
Alginate mask for acne
Very effective alginate mask against acne, with a composition of medicinal algae. You can do them only during the period when it was possible to remove pustular rashes, but scars and spots remained. Previously, such formulations were available only in beauty salons, now they can be freely bought and used independently.
How to apply an alginate acne mask
- powder – 23 g;
- water – 60 ml.
- Dilute the powder with water so that there are no lumps.
- Apply to the face, leaving thickened edges.
- Avoid the area around the lips and eyes.
- After half an hour, carefully remove, moistening and picking up the edges of the mask.
- The course is designed for 10 procedures, 1-2 times a week.
Honey face mask for acne
Healing mask for acne at home is obtained from honey, this product not only relieves inflammation and removes acne, but also blocks the appearance of new rashes. The composition contains the necessary biostimulants that affect the processes in the skin, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties are clearly manifested. It is recommended to add aspirin, which not only treats the dermis, but also promotes deep penetration of the mixture.
honey mask recipe
- honey – 0.5 tsp
- water – 1 tbsp. a spoon;
- aspirin – 4 pcs.
- Grind the tablets into powder.
- Dissolve in cold water, add honey.
- Spread on the affected areas, hold for 15 minutes.
- The acne mask is washed off with warm water.
- You can do it once a week, the course is 3 weeks.
Acne mask with soda
Well removes inflammation and redness mask of soda for the face, for acne, baking soda is an excellent remedy. It is a mild alkali, with not very long contact it does no harm, but it reacts with fatty acids and dissolves them in the pores. Deep cleansing of the skin is no worse than after procedures in the salon.
Before applying the mask, you need to check the reaction for compatibility. To do this, a fraction of the mixture is applied to the wrist for 10 minutes, a slight tingling is typical, but without redness and burning. If everything is in order with the skin, the composition can be applied. Cleaning will be more effective if the face is steamed before the procedure.
baking soda mask recipe
- soda – 1 teaspoon;
- flour – 2 tbsp. spoons;
- water – 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Mix flour and soda.
- Dilute with warm water to a state of thick sour cream.
- Apply to the face, except for the area around the eyes and lips.
- Wait 7-8 minutes, rinse with warm water.
Aloe Acne Mask
The most popular and effective is the mask against acne with aloe. This plant has long been famous for its strong anti-inflammatory properties, restores the dermis, forms a protective film, and even draws out subcutaneous ulcers. To enhance the effectiveness, the leaves are removed for 15 days in the cold, stored in a bag.
Aloe mask recipe
- aloe pulp – 2 tbsp. spoons;
- egg white – 1 pc.;
- lemon juice – 1 teaspoon.
- Scrape the pulp from the aloe leaves.
- Mix with protein and lemon juice.
- Apply to skin, hold until completely dry.
- The acne mask with aloe is washed off with warm water.
Clay acne mask
Of the modern innovations, healing clay is considered an effective and fast-acting remedy. With severely inflamed and oily skin, an acne mask at home is recommended from white or green. These mixtures perfectly cleanse pores, eliminate black spots and brighten the skin. Before kneading, you need to sift so that there are no lumps. For a more potent composition, add lemon juice and calendula tincture.
clay mask recipe
- clay – 1 tbsp. a spoon;
- lemon juice – 1 teaspoon;
- tincture of calendula – 1 teaspoon.
- Mix clay with juice and tincture.
- Apply to skin, hold for 15 minutes.
- Remove with a cotton pad.
Acne mask with mummy
In cosmetology, mummy treatment has been practiced for many years, there are different recipes for how to make an acne mask from such a mixture. But the main thing is to use a real mummy, and not in tablets, since they contain different additives and are less effective. Cubes of this resin help well, the pieces are diluted with water and poured into ice molds, they wipe the inflamed places.
Mummy mask recipe
- mummy – 5 g;
- honey – 1 teaspoon.
- Mix mummy and honey, heat a little in a water bath.
- Spread spot on acne, hold for 20 minutes.
- The mask with mummy from acne is washed off with warm water.
Acne Mask with Aspirin
In Soviet times, a mask with Aspirin for the face against acne was known, and now it has not lost its popularity, thanks to its effective effect. Acetylsalicylic acid not only removes inflammation, but also works as a bleaching agent, has a keratolic effect, and helps the skin regenerate cells.
The easiest way is to crush the tablets, dilute with water to a gruel and spread acne. The mixture should be like thick sour cream, it is more convenient to measure the liquid with a pipette. Hold for half an hour, then rinse with warm water. The effect is manifested after the first procedure, but this method can be used only 2 times a week. If there are no wounds on the skin, it is worth adding lemon juice to the masks.
Aspirin mask recipe
- Aspirin tablets – 5 pcs.;
- lemon juice – 0.5 tsp;
- yogurt – 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Crush the tablets, mix with juice and yogurt.
- Apply to face, hold for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
Egg acne mask
The face mask for acne with an egg cleanses and heals the skin well, since they are rich in lecithin, this substance not only relieves inflammation, but also helps the mixture penetrate deeper into the tissues, enhances cell regeneration. For oily skin, it is recommended to use only protein, it contains conalbumin, a substance with a strong antibacterial effect.
protein mask recipe
- protein – 1 pc.;
- apple – 1 pc.
- Grate the apple, separate the protein, beat until foamy.
- Mix the preparations, apply on the face.
- Hold for 20 minutes, rinse with warm water.
Activated charcoal acne mask
In the list of procedures offered by the treatment of acne with folk remedies, activated charcoal occupies a special place. It is known as a first aid for poisoning, but is no less effective for the skin. Removes inflammation and blackheads, evens out the tone of the face. It is recommended to dilute with decoctions of herbs or cosmetic clay. You need to apply such masks in a course, twice a week, no more than 1.5 months. You can repeat after 30 days.
Activated charcoal mask recipe
- activated carbon tablets – 6 pcs.;
- ascorbic acid – 2.5 g;
- clay – 1 tbsp. a spoon;
- water – 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Crush the tablets, dilute with water.
- Add clay and ascorbic acid.
- Apply to face for 15 minutes, rinse with warm water.