The formation of thrush in the mouth in an adult is accompanied by symptoms – based on them, treatment is prescribed. The disease is an infectious disease that occurs as a result of the active action of the Candida fungus. Therefore, in medicine, the disease is called candidiasis. Microorganisms are part of the human microflora. But as a result of the influence of several factors, the fungus multiplies, causing the corresponding disease. The disease causes discomfort, so it is better not to postpone the trip to a specialist. Usually, complex measures are prescribed for treatment.
Symptoms and signs of thrush in the mouth in adults
There are several main stages in the development of the disease. The symptoms that appear at one time or another depend on them:
- So, at the very beginning, the disease is accompanied by swelling, dryness and redness. This happens when the fungus penetrates the epithelium. Enzymes are released that actively act on the human mucosa.
- The sensitivity is noticeably increased. During the reception of hot, cold and sour food, painful sensations appear.
- In places of concentration of candida, a curdled plaque is formed. It is pathogenic, as it consists of dead cells, bacteria, food, keratin and fibrin. At first, the plaque is small white dots on red areas. Over time, the disease grows to a continuous film.
- Bleeding. In this state, the mucous membrane is easily injured, which often leads to the appearance of wounds.
- Temperature rise. This symptom is a response to the reproduction of the fungus.
- Microcracks form in the corners of the mouth, covered with a whitish film on top.
Treatment of thrush in the mouth in adults
Thrush in the mouth of an adult can be cured by means such as modern antifungal drugs that kill candida throughout the body. Also often means are used that support and improve the functioning of the immune system. Antihistamine medications can help relieve itching.
In addition, you need to follow a diet that excludes confectionery and yeast products, spicy, sour and hot from the menu.
It is also important to use drugs that act locally. These can be rinses or lozenges that have disinfectant or bactericidal properties. In addition, special dental gels have proven themselves well.