Streptocide is produced in the form of a powder, tablets, ointment, and is also part of the combined antibacterial agents. In addition to its use in medicine, streptocide is one of the popular components of homemade masks for acne and blackheads.
Use of streptocide against acne
To combat rashes, the drug can be used in any form, but of all the dosage forms, the ointment is the most convenient and easy to use. In order to get rid of acne, streptocide ointment is applied twice a day in a thin layer to the affected area of the skin, capturing a small area around. Before applying the ointment, it is recommended to clean the skin by washing and rubbing with lotion. The drug is not recommended to be used for more than two weeks.
Before using the drug, you need to make sure that you are not allergic to it. If during treatment the inflammation intensified, additional redness, a feeling of discomfort occurred, the use of streptocid should be stopped.
Despite the fact that acne streptocide is used exclusively as an external remedy, its use is contraindicated during pregnancy, as well as in the presence of problems with the kidneys and liver.
Masks and lotions with streptocide for acne
For the preparation of home remedies for acne with streptocide, powder is usually used, less often tablets, which are crushed into powder before use.
One of the simplest and yet effective acne masks is a mixture of streptocide and aloe juice:
- Before squeezing the juice, cut aloe leaves must be kept 3-4 in the refrigerator.
- Tablets and even streptocide powder must be additionally rubbed until a very fine powder, like flour, is obtained.
- The powder is poured with aloe juice and mixed thoroughly. The resulting mask in consistency should correspond to thick sour cream.
- The agent is applied pointwise, exclusively to the affected area, for at least 15 minutes, although many sources recommend applying the resulting ointment before bedtime and leaving it until the morning.
Another effective tool:
- Pour up to 3 grams of fine streptocide powder into a bottle with an alcohol solution of calendula (50 ml).
- Shake well and wait for the drug to dissolve.
This talker is used as a lotion for wiping the face. Since streptocide is a poorly soluble substance, the bottle must be shaken before each use. In addition, you need to remember that such a lotion dries the skin, and do not abuse it.
Acne and acne lotion with streptocide can be prepared in two ways:
- The first involves adding 2 grams of streptocide powder per bottle of salicylic alcohol (25 ml).
- The second recipe involves mixing 5 crushed tablets of chloramphenicol (about 2.5 grams of the substance), 2 grams of streptocide, 50 ml of a 2% alcohol solution of salicylic acid and 50 ml of a solution of boric acid.
The last recipe is considered one of the most effective and at the same time aggressive acne remedies based on streptocide powder. The tool greatly dries the skin, so it must be applied locally, only in inflamed areas. The use of this lotion in the presence of wounds or injuries of the skin is not recommended.
Recommended for oily skin:
- Mix streptocide powder with baby powder in a 1:1 ratio.
- Add a small amount of hydrogen peroxide.
- The resulting mask is applied to the face with a thin layer for 10 minutes.
- After washing off with warm water.
All the remedies described above are effective only if the rashes are not caused by diseases of the internal organs, for example, problems with the liver. Otherwise, after a very short period of time, acne may appear again.