A mole on a leg can appear on the skin in any part of the body. A mole on a leg is dangerous because a harmless skin formation can become malignant for a number of reasons.
Reasons for the appearance of a mole on the leg
Moles on the legs occur due to various reasons. Factors predisposing to the development of education are:
- exposure to sunlight;
- infection from outside, for example, with an insect bite.
How to remove a mole on a leg?
A change in the size, color, shape of a mole, as well as the appearance of pain, itching, swelling, bleeding is a reason to contact a specialist. It is the doctor who, by prescribing a histological analysis, will determine whether the formation poses a health hazard. Also, a professional will offer a way to get rid of a mole on a leg. In the arsenal of modern medicine, there are several methods that allow you to quickly and almost painlessly remove a dangerous formation. The most effective are:
- laser removalduring which the doctor removes the mole in layers, and finally cauterizes the blood vessels.
- Electrocoagulation – exposure to the problem area with high-frequency electric current, after which the formation dries up.
- Removal with radioknife performed under local anesthesia. Radio waves destroy the tissues of the mole without harming health.
For those who do not want to undergo surgery, we can recommend:
- regular lubrication of a mole on a leg with 3% oxolin ointment;
- constant rubbing into the area where the mole is located, celandine juice, dandelion;
- cauterization of the formation with an iodine solution.
Attention! If the mole on the leg is located in a place that is constantly subjected to physical stress, for example, rubbing with the edge of clothing, and you do not dare to remove it, we advise you to close the formation with a medical plaster, and subsequently you should not rip off a piece of the patch, but you must wait until it peels off itself.