An unsuccessful extension procedure or an allergy to materials is a fairly common phenomenon. And in this case, it is worth taking care not about beauty and attractiveness, but about the health of the skin of the eyelids and your own eyelashes. In this article, we will consider in detail whether eyelash extensions are harmful and how to restore them after problems arise.
Do eyelashes deteriorate after extensions
In fact, the attachment of hairs does not pose any danger to the skin or natural eyelashes. Materials made from natural ingredients are hypoallergenic, do not cause irritation and can be easily removed if desired. In addition, high-quality eyelash extensions from a professional and proper aftercare according to the recommendations eliminate the possibility of any problems.
Complications may arise if you are prone to frequent inflammatory eye diseases, such as conjunctivitis. It is also worth noting that owners of oily skin will get less effect from the procedure due to excess sebum secretion, which dissolves the glue.
Red eyes after eyelash extensions are a clear sign of low-quality resin for the procedure. Most likely, it is made of artificial chemicals that cause an allergic reaction in the form of flushing of the skin of the eyelids, swelling, tearing and swelling.
Another common problem is the loss of your own eyelashes along with extended materials. This phenomenon occurs only when the hairs from the set are attached to several natural cilia, and not to the skin. Therefore, in the process of eyelash extensions, you need to carefully monitor how carefully the raw materials are glued and, most importantly, whether the resin gets on your own hairs.
So, answering the question of whether eyelash extensions are harmful to health, we can definitely say that this is a safe procedure, provided that it is done correctly and of high quality materials.
Eyelash restoration after extension – how to do it?
To improve the condition of natural hairs and improve the skin of the eyelids, the following recommendations should be followed:
- for a short time refuse to use mascara and eyeliner;
- refrain from intensive washing of the eyes, it is better to gently wipe them with a cotton pad dipped in warm mineral water without gas;
- make warm compresses from rose water, a decoction of cornflower flowers or just strong brewed green tea for 15-20 minutes in the evening, before going to bed.
How to restore eyelashes after extension using oil products:
- rub natural vegetable oils, such as castor, olive, almond or peach, into the skin of the eyelids along the edge of eyelash growth. These products are recommended to be applied to the cilia themselves along the entire length with a clean soft brush;
- to enhance the effect, liquid vitamins A and E, as well as oil extracts of calendula or chamomile, can be added to the base oil;
- protect the skin of the eyelids and eyelashes from exposure to sunlight. To do this, you can use a hypoallergenic sunscreen designed for the area around the eyes or natural shea butter. In summer, it is advisable to wear glasses with polarizing filters and not sunbathe for some time.
pros and cons of eyelash extensions
The undoubted advantage of this procedure is the subsequent effect – beautiful, long, thick eyelashes that do not require daily coloring and twisting of the tips. This significantly saves time and gives confidence in your appearance.
Among the minuses it is worth noting:
- the need to limit mechanical contact with eyelashes;
- observance of strict accuracy during washing and sleeping;
- the impossibility of using nourishing creams and masks for the skin of the eyelids;
- fragility of hair extensions;
- the risk of developing allergies.
It is always important to remember that by purchasing high-quality natural materials for the procedure and trusting the master, you can avoid the disastrous consequences of eyelash extensions and not worry about skin health.